Quantcast Longest Trip, Longest Visit - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

12 Days has been our longest stay. However, because we also travel so far, (2300 miles) we like to make the most of our time amidst the magic, but rarely do we stay at just one resort.

We buy annual passes and will typically use them 2-3 times during the year getting 20-30 days use out of the pass.

We would probably do more days, but alas, our DVC points seem to to run out befor we get all the fun out.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our longest is 10 days in the parks, including at least one day at a water park. And since we did it the first time that has become our norm.

Post Thanks / Like

10 days, 9 nights was our longest. We did all the parks, both water parks, the girls had tea at the GF and my son and I played golf. This was during free dining in September, so the parks were less crowded and we all gained about 10 pounds a piece.LOL!!
    1976 offsite (thanks Mom Love ya!!)
    2000 Off site
    2002 All Star Music
    2004 Riverside
    2006 Riverside
    2006 Coronado Springs
    2006/07 Offsite (New Years Eve)
    2007 - 2011 Riverside
    2011 off site
    2011 - Pop Century
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Longest trip to date -- 10 nights at a resort, 9 days in the parks.

Upcoming trip in August -- 11 nights at a resort, 10 days in the parks. Can't wait!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

About 17 days.

Our very first trip to WDW in 1994 was a combined Get-Over-Grief and Meet-My-Wife's-Penpal-And-Family trip. We planned it for four years with this family from Stockport, England and were looking so forward to it that we all thought we would burst.

Unfortunately, a year before we were to leave, my MIL was diagnosed with a recurrence of her breast cancer. That was in March. We spent the next four months preparing to move either one or both of my in-laws into our house by adding wheelchair ramps, extra bathroom facilities and closing in our living room for a bed/sitting room for them.

In July, she died and my father-in-law moved in with us. We continued to plan the trip around him, but with all the upheaval going on in our lives, we really couldn't focus on it, or grieving for my wife's mother, or anything except getting up every day and carrying on with our lives as best as possible. I didn't have a full night's sleep for six months.

My father-in-law was not in great health, either, and over the next six months, he failed even faster. Mostly, I think, from a broken heart. He was insistent that he was going to come with us - something we weren't looking forward to, due to his declining condition and the fact that we were driving down. Five of us in a car and hotels for three or four days was not a pleasing prospect. In the end, he didn't come with us. He passed away in December, just before Christmas.

We were to leave on our trip in mid-February and return mid-March. U.S. Customs agents were not pleased and questioned how we could afford to be gone that long. Our answer: very understanding employers and grief.

Our trip included:

About six days of travel to and from Florida.

Two days in Cocoa Beach with a trip to Kennedy Space Centre.

Ten days in CBR. They wouldn't let us stay longer then for some reason.

Three days in Hollywood visiting my wife's aunt and uncle.

Three days in St. Petersburg Beach with a side trip to Busch Gardens one day and another day watching the Toronto Blue Jays in spring training in Dunedin. (We still have Joe Carter's autograph)

Then back to WDW for a final three days spent at Poly for a total of about 13 days at WDW.

The worst part was that out of those 13 days we could only go to the parks for 10 days. That was the longest pass we could get then. I guess we could have bought more.

We did kind of enjoy ourselves that trip, but getting used to new people, being away that long with young children and dealing with the exhaustion and grief in our lives really put a damper on the whole trip.

We decided when we got back home that we would have to do it again, just to make sure we really did have fun.

And then we had to do it again - and again - and again...
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Longest was 7 nights

I am already thinking about plans for 2021 and how many days I am staying. Unfortunately, my DD will be in high school then so much of the trip will be in the Summer. I will be spending 2 weeks there at one time and another week another time.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Our longest stay was 12 nights (9 at the BWI and 3 at the Poly) and it was the best trip ever! Typically, we go for 10 nights. We aren't extreme park-ers, so we like the coming and going and pool time that comes with a longer holiday.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

14 nights, 15 days. 7 nights at WL and 7 at Beach Club. This was also a surprise trip for my Birthday best trip ever!

We went to the parks every day. We didn't get up at rope drops but we certainly were in the parks daily. It's hard to believe, but no matter how long your there there is always something you missed!
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

i think the longest was 10 days 9 nights when i was small, like i think it was around my 6th birthday
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed for 10 day 9 nights a few years ago at Riverside and then a few weeks ago 7 days 7 nights at Poly.

We had a great time but the funny thing is by the 6 and 7 day we basically had done most everything we wanted to do and at point you begin to just get sick of fighting the crowd. On this past trip we went down the Keys after WDW that was nice. I am begining to think 5 days is my max during the busy times of year.

Post Thanks / Like

My family stayed for 10 days, 9 nights. We did Universal for 2 days, but always made it back in time for EMH at one of the parks!!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at POP in 2008 for 10 nights/ 11 days. We did Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Quest too.
    We are going in December this year and staying at Beach Club for 14 nights/ 15 days with a 10 day ticket. No water parks this time. We are doing a day at IOA though. I am hoping to be able to take advantage of SAB on our non park days if the weather cooperates.
    Kayla
    January 2008 POP
    December 2011 Beach Club for 2 weeks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

SO far the longest was 10 nights 11 days but Sept of this year we are doing 11 nights 12 days. We are taking 1 day off to go to Seaworld- we have passes.

Post Thanks / Like

I've done 12 days and it was great. 10 days seems ideal though. It's enough time to do everything you want, hit all your fave restaurants and relax. You don't have to feel like you have to rush around to make sure you get on Dumbo or whatever before it's time to go.
    Many visits as child.
    2005 WL, AK
    2006 POLY, CR
    2007 WL
    2008 POFQ
    2009 CSR
    2010 POFQ

*October 2011 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

16 nights/17 days in 18 more days!!!!!!
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Last year we did 14 nights/15 days. Doing it again this year.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

We usually stay for at least 2 weeks (it's a long flight from Sweden). Last time we did 16 nights with split stays (also stayed at Vero Beech so I don't know if it counts?). We usually go to other parks as well and just enjoy ourselves in Orlando (nice mall for instance).

This upcoming trip we'll stay with Disney for 15 nights but with a 5 night cruise included

Oh - and when we go we usually go to the Disney Parks for somewhere between 5 and 10 days.
    Sept-Oct 2015 Family trip AKV
    Oct 2014 F&W Festival AKV
    Oct-Nov 2013 AKV and Disney Fantasy 7 night Western Caribbean
    March-April 2012 AKV and Disney Dream 5 night cruise (40 th Birthday!)
    Sept 2010 AKV, OKW and Vero Beach! (Honeymoon!)
    1989-2008 Multiple trips on and off prop

Post Thanks / Like

one time we stayed 11 nights and 12 days come in early and leave late this time we will be 9 nights and 10 days
    LYNN

Post Thanks / Like

Our stays are usually 7 nights / 7 days at the parks. We do the parks everyday and haven't done a water parks in many years.

We do AKL in a day and that leaves 6 days to spend 2 days each at the remaining parks

Each trip we try at least one new restaurant.

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

Longest Trip...10 days 9 nights this August

Shortest Trip...One day June of 2010

Most of our trips are one week, but the price was right in August so we are going from Saturday-the following Monday night.
    So excited!!!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: