Quantcast People Watching

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: People Watching

Post Thanks / Like

Default People Watching

Another thread prompted this one. Not sure if this has been done before but here goes...

We all people watch while we are at WDW. Whether we are sitting and resting or standing in our favorite queue. Do you have a favorite spot? Play games like what do they do for a living, or tell me abouth him or her.

Our family's favorite spot is right outside the ice cream parlor on Main St. We usually get our cones after the parade and eat them and watch all the families head out the park. One game we play at this time is Who had a better day?

We usually look for the parents who are most worn out pushing strollers of kids who are fast asleep and the parents get extra points for having a joyful feel about themselves. After all you just spent a day at a WDW Park, the Happiest place on the face on the earth!

Lets hear about yours...
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I people watch all of the time at WDW...it can be almost as entertaining as some of the actual attractions! I am not a big fan of rollercoasters, but a lot of my family members are so I usually sit right outside the coasters with a snack and just...observe.
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoy a cup of coffee and some people watching in DHS...if you go down Hollywood Blvd. almost to Mickey's sorcerer's hat, there are some benches in front of some shops/restaurants there and it is a good place to people watch.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so this might be a mean one but my husband and I love doing this. We like to sit just outside the magic carpets of Aladdin where the camel is that spits on those walking by the attraction. We like to bet who doesn't know or realize the camel will spit and bet who is going to walk straight into it. We have seen some really funny reactions. The best ones are children that figure it out before parents or grandparents do and they trick them into standing right in the target zone.

Post Thanks / Like

Standing on the bridge to Tomorrowland watching people take pictures in front of the castle is a lot of fun. Sometimes I even offer to take a family's picture; it's a great spot to watch happy people!

Post Thanks / Like

We like to watch families with young children and, based on how distraught the children are and crazy the parents are acting, estimate how many hours ago they SHOULD HAVE gone back to the room for a nap.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

I almost never people watch at WDW, as I'm too focused on the parks and their details, however, there's almost always a person that stands out in the crowd, like the older gentleman we saw sitting on a bench in AK, wearing a hat shaped like a giraffe head, and he was sitting there so deadpan, like it was the most normal thing in the world!
    Another one was on our first trip, when we got home, we had a wide shot of Main Street facing the train station, and there in the picture was a man dressed like Fred Flintstone! That's all I have to say about that. Finally, of course, at least once in each park day, there's always at least one inappropriately underdressed woman, and let's face it, being a dude, it's difficult not to look.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I like to play "Who's Going To Regret Wearing Those Shoes". Still astounded at the number of high heels you see in the parks.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

I people watch inside the store after you exit Rock 'N' Rollercoaster. I am usually waiting for my family when they have gone through the single rider line. I like to stand near the area where the rocker wigs are in a bin. You wouldn't believe the number of times a wig is put on head after head. When my daughter is with me, we usually guess the person in the group who will put on the wig. I know it is gross, but funny at the same time.
    Daisy712

Caribbean Beach Resort 1989, 2010
    All Star Movies 1999, 2000, 2002
    Dolphin 2001
    Fairfield Cypress Palms 2003
    Port Orleans French Quarter 2004
    Contemporary 2004
    Wilderness Lodge 2005
    Pop 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I like sitting in one of the rocking chairs outside Tony' Town Square restaurant watching guests get their first look at Main Street and the castle.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

From our balcony at bwi. we use the balcoy more when there is action and people to watch. we watch the magic express, box trucks with lugggage, taxis, cm etc.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    I almost never people watch at WDW, as I'm too focused on the parks and their details, however, there's almost always a person that stands out in the crowd, like the older gentleman we saw sitting on a bench in AK, wearing a hat shaped like a giraffe head, and he was sitting there so deadpan, like it was the most normal thing in the world!
    Another one was on our first trip, when we got home, we had a wide shot of Main Street facing the train station, and there in the picture was a man dressed like Fred Flintstone! That's all I have to say about that. Finally, of course, at least once in each park day, there's always at least one inappropriately underdressed woman, and let's face it, being a dude, it's difficult not to look.
    We too don't make people watching a habit. However, just like you there are some people you can't help but take notice. Although I've never had the nerve to ask I ALWAYS wonder what compels a woman to dress so inappropriately at a family park full of children (or anywhere for that matter).
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

We love to people watch and our favorite spot is the bench right outside of Chefs de France in Epcot. Depending on time of day we usually get some ice cream or a glass of bubbly from the kiosk. We too check out the footwear!
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

One of our favorite things to do is to sit back and relax and take in our surrounds including the people, we also call this doing research though lol. We paid particular attention to the strollers and baby/kid gear that people used on our last few trip since we figured we'd probably start having kids in the next few years. Well, it's now finally happened, we're expecting our first little one in November and I already know what type of umbrella stroller and such we want to take when we take them to Disney. People thought we were nuts but really where else can you see almost every stroller availble out there and see how they work in the real world setting
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment104 View Post
    Well, it's now finally happened, we're expecting our first little one in November and I already know what type of umbrella stroller and such we want to take when we take them to Disney.
    Congrats!!! That's so exciting. Best wishes.
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

We also love just grabbing a bench somewhere and relax and people watch. The best is when you see those women in stiletto heels.. to each his own, but I cant even wear a NEW pair of sneakers to WDW.. they must always be broken in first lol. Also those excited little kids that you can just tell its their first trip.. and remembering how excited I was when I was 6 yrs old on my first trip.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love to sit by the slushie cart in France...sipping Grey Goose slushies at dusk. It is fun to see how people relate to each other...

Post Thanks / Like

mentioned these before, but i like this post...

I have two real spots.
    1. Tokyo Dining. I like to sit either near the sushi chefs, but the window spots are perfect because you can watch people go by through the World Showcase. It's nice and quiet there, and perfect for people watching.

2. Value Resort Poolside Bars. It's always nice to sit after a day in the parks and chat with strangers or just watch all the people go by. I always meet such nice people from all over while sitting there. It's one of my favorite parts of my stay.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Our game of choice..."What Were They Thinking?" This can apply to numerous situations. Such as...Clothing, (or sometimes lack thereof), child interaction, (ie: ignorable or over-reaction to the inevitable melt-downs), domestic disputes (in public-@ WDW-really?), PDAs (as in, do they need a room?), and obnoxious behavior (c'mon, do you really NEED to cut in line?) This game can be played anywhere on WDW property, parks as well as resorts. All that is required is a seat, a snack or beverage, and a short waiting period. People watching can be extremely entertaining!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL