Quantcast our MAW trip : the arrival

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default our MAW trip : the arrival

First off let me say that MAW and GKTW are incredible. We had a few bumps with MAW, getting wrong info, small things but I put it off to it being inexperienced people making the mistakes and giving bad info.
    So the big day finally arrives and my DH takes off on a mysterious errand, he had to go pick up my sister Kat because the boys don't know she's coming with us. So she comes to the house and tells the boys that she's going to take pictures of them getting into the limo. Her luggage is outside in the truck of hubbys car. The limo driver shows up and we get the car seats in so the boys are all settled into this really really long black limo feel oh so cool. We sneak my sisters luggage in with ours without the boys knowing any better. My sister "asks" the limo driver if she can just ride to the airport with us. Of course he says, and he'll give her a ride back after (we let him in on the secret). So we are driving to the airport and the boys are waving to people on the way like they are movie stars, they were so cute. We get to the airport and unload ALL of our bags, and check in. We had no idea we could do the preboarding with MAW because this is one of the areas where they dropped the ball. The guy checking us in at the gate told us and was pretty surprised that MAW wasn't there to walk us through everything. He had never seen that happen before, oh well we made it on the plane anyways. My sister is still with us, she told the kids she was just going to sneak onto the plane and take pictures. The innocents that they are have no idea she needed a ticket to get through security. So we are all seated and getting ready for take off without the boys saying anything. Finally half way through the flight my youngest age 3 says you coming with us to Disney auntie kat? yes they do catch on quick. We land and it dawns on my oldest that hey Kat is still with us. So we finally let them in on the joke that we had this all planned out. Oldest son wasn't happy we kept it a secret but was happy his auntie was with us. We had to call to get ahold of our greeter from GKTW because we had made it in such good time, we were actually about 20 minutes early. This young man shows up and was so helpful, his name is Aaron and helped us with our bags and get our rental van.
    So we are all settled into the rental and are on our way to GKTW. Wow was it hot! We pull up to GKTW and are let through the gate to see the cutest little village. We pull up and park so we can go check in. They have a stuffed Mickey and a Shamu for the kids. William decides he wants Shamu so he trades with his brother. They give us our key cards and we follow them to our villa. We pull up to the cutest little purple and blue villa that is to be our home for the next week. They take our picture in front of the sign with our last name on it and we head in. The fridge has all sorts of goodies in it and there are more goodies on the table. We go to the Gingerbread house (the restaurant) to eat dinner since we didn't arrive until after 5. We have it planned out that my DH, Sister and kids will play mini golf and go to the store to pick up supplies while I go to the meeting to get all the info we need plus the park tickets. They give us a 3 day park hopper for WDW, 2 day park hopper for Universal, and a 1 day for Sea World, plus parking for all 3 parks, plus WDW gives us a free photo pass!
    I get done and head back to the Villa and my sister and I and the kids head to DTD for a couple of hours before our week starts. DH decided to take the opportunity to sit and relax while he can because he knows there won't be a whole lot of that happening in the week to come.
    The first day at the parks! We start it off in a run literally. They had arranged to have Disney sign DS up for Jedi training so we had to hurry to the HS to get him there for that. WE hurried through breakfast and found our way to the park. I took william and we were dropped off as close to the entrance as we could and then we ran to Star Tours. Poor kid should''ve clued him in onto how the week was going to go. He was so excited he got to fight Darth Vader! I think he might have been a little bit nervous though too. He followed the jedi Masters instructions and helped to defeat the evil lord vader. Then we got to go on Star Tours ride, thank god for the GAC. I can honestly say that next time we get to Disney I will be getting him another one. It saved him a lot of standing around in lines. Since it was Thursday and the real Star Wars Weekend start the next day we decided to go to one of the other parks and hang out and leave HS to a day when the big festivities are going on. We head back out of the park and head over to Epcot. To be continued...
    Coreen

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Is MAW Make a Wish? I think that's what you're referring to.
    Your trip is off to a great start especially with the addition of Aunt Kat!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your off to a good start. Can't wait to read more. Pardon my ignorance but what is GKTW?
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard some very great things between Make A Wish and Give Kids the World, both here and through acquaintances. I'm so glad your trip started off well. How exciting that Auntie was able to make the trip with you!

Looking forward to reading about the special memories you made!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great kick off to your week!!!

Thanks for reporting!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

sorry yes MAW is Make a Wish and GKTW is Give Kids The World. When we left HS and ran over to Epcot, it was a lot more running around. I found it kind of funny that neither of my kids wanted to do Turtle Talk with Crush but hey it was their trip. William's MAW trip and Justin's first real trip (he went when he was 7 weeks old). The GAC was so helpful getting us on the rides without having to wait. We had them try Beverly, with the desired look on their face after trying it. We did all their favorites, Soarin, and Test Track were again the big favorites. William wishes that they would bring back the make your own robot that they had years ago. We made our way over to the World Showcase and the boys did the Kim Possible game. Which had us racking our brains and with the way the heat was left us needing a drink . They got to have their pictures taken with Mexico Donald which had a friend of ours very jealous when she saw the pictures. We had to take their picture with the big troll in Norway so we could compare it to years past pictures. It's sort of a video growth chart. We ended the night watching Illuminations which is always good. We wanted to get back to the Villa because we knew the next day was going to be a busy one, it was the start of Star Wars Weekend. During all of this we were also trying to get info from back home because we had heard that the day we left a F3 tornado hit central Massachusetts which is where we live. Thankfully it didn't hit our towns but there was a lot of destruction.
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

This is bringing back such great memories for me!! I can't wait to read more - please share ALL the details
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

It must have been a wonderful surprise to have Aunt Kat along for your trip! You're off to a wonderful sign!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

And then, they all arrived home and DH, hit her with divorce papers! He had planned to do this to her for months. Completely ruined all the memories of the Make a wish, destroyed the kids world, but Hey, he's happy. so it's all good.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start to a wonderful trip
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: