Quantcast Realistic time frame to get to parks after arrival

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Realistic time frame to get to parks after arrival

Yes, I know the problems with assuming things, but here goes... We leave in 2wks., our flight departs RDU at 6:30am and we're scheduled to arrive at MCO around 8:30am I believe. If we use the on-line check-in to expedite our process, what is a realistic time we should anticipate getting to the parks? Since I've tried, in my head, to organize our packing, we should have all our park necessities in a carry-on when we arrive. Yes, we're excited about getting there, but really, I could care less how long it takes. The fact that were there, and for 9 days is enough in itself.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was me I'd plan on realistically being in the parks by noon. We like grab a quick and early lunch from our home resort before heading into the park on day 1. While I'm usually bouncing to get there stopping to eat is a good idea as we like to leave early like you.

Note: assuming your using Magical Express from the airport. If your renting your own car you can probably get in earlier...
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Allow three hours from touchdow before you do anything important. You might get to a park earlier, but I wouldn't make an ADR before 11:30 in your case.

Post Thanks / Like

That's about what I was thinking, at the very most earliest 10am, but just wasn't sure. In the past when we arrived early like this, we've had others with us,including 3 kids so we were slowed down just a touch. This year, it's just the 4 of us, all somewhat veterans, but still at the mercy of the system. Hopefully, with us arriving somewhat early, ME won't be too full, and the stars will align in our favor. One can only hope. Just thankful that we'll be there on vacation, regardless of how long it takes.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I think 11:00am if all goes like clockwork, but I think the 12 noon is more realistic.

Sometimes you get right on ME (assuming you're taking it) and other times you have to wait about a half hour. You probably won't be able to get into your room until early afternoon, so you can store your bags at bell services and be off to the parks.

Since you're staying at SSR, MK will be the longest bus ride. DHS: you'd probably prefer to get there when it opens so you can Fast Pass TSM. I'd probably do Epcot or AK the first day.

Like you said, you're there for 9 days, so try to relax. There should be time for all of the stuff you want to do, but it is hard to do "everything", save something for your next trip.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

We usually touch down around that time and my system is.....get the bags, get the rental car (we use National Emerald Aisle, so no waiting in line -- load the bags and go to the check out booth with ID and ressie). We normally stop for "supplies" at some grocery....Walmart, Super Target or regular grocery store. Then I (mom the planner) like to see if our room is available (either way we check in), then go purchase our tickets (as we normally stay at SOG) then break out the carry ons (if we couldn't get our room) and everyone changes in the restroom and we're off! We are realistically in park no later than 12:30. If DH gets his way we eat somewhere along the line and I'm backed up 30-45 minutes.....

That is as realistic as I can get for you, but I think you already have it in your head that you will not be in park at 10 am!

We're going for 9 days in Sept/Oct and I can NOT wait!!!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

We usually guesstimate about 2 - 3 hours after landing, yes definitely at the mercy of weather, DME, traffic, crowds checking in, etc.

How cool, Mudpuppysmom, we'll be there about the same time! We check in on the 25th!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

We usually arrive about 9:30am or 7pm, and have done both ME and been picked up by a towncar.

With the towncar service, we were out of the airport, bags having been gathered at the baggage carousel, within 45 minutes, and at the resort w/in another 30. (We usually stay at CBR)

We've never done online check-in, as we like to request a certain building, and you can work with that better in person - but even with "regular" check-in, we've been in our room within a half hour of arriving at the resort, or at least checked into it, and we've then left our bags and gone on to the parks.

With a 9:30am arrival, we've been at MK by 12:30... I think your guesstimate of about 2 1/2 to 3 hours is just about right!

Have a great time!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: