Quantcast Leaving on Friday!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leaving on Friday!!!

We had to move our vacation so we're leaving on Friday and I am soo excited. We keep watching the 'too excited to sleep' commercial because it's so us We plan on spending Saturday in DTD and doing Quest and hopefully Legoland. Sunday is our first official day in the parks, we want to recover from the long drive. Our plan is Sunday MK, lunch at Coral Reef. Monday Epcot, dinner at Garden Grill. Tuesday at HS, no food planned. Wednesday at AK, no food planned. Thursday is open for any park, lunch at Whispering Canyon. Friday MK, late dinner at Ohana. Saturday is open for any park with breakfast at Ohana. DH doesn't want too many meals and activities planned so that we can be flexible on eating fun stuff or cooking back at the room. He wants it to be relaxed. We have mister fans, new skin, comfy shoes, sunscreen and will probably spend a few hours a day back at the hotel so we don't get over exhausted. Sound good? Are we missing anything? How miserable will I be if I wear jean shorts a few days of the week? Also thinking about using deodorant in place of body glide to avoid chafing, does it really work?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun plans!

If you're talking about using deoderant on your feet, it does work.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of things - 1.) Are you talking Legoland or the Lego Store at DTD? Legoland doesn't open until October. That's an entirely different theme park. The Lego Store is simply a Lego store at DTD.

Now, as for the body glide versus deodorant. First off, you can't use just deodorant. That doesn't do anything at all. It must be one with antiperspirant. However, from a meteorological point of view, I would strongly discourage the use of antiperspirant during the summer months. The reason being, your body cools itself by sweating. You sweat and as the moisture evaporates from your body heat is transferred into the air and helps your body maintain a safe temp. Antiperspirant works by clogging your pours and preventing you from sweating. This is a VERY bad idea in the hot Florida summer. It can lead to over-heating quite easily. Actually, it's easy it over-heat regardless because the Florida humidity is so high that eventually the sweat will no longer evaporate, which leaves your body unable to cool itself. Anyway, body glide does not clog the pours. Plus, it leaves no residue and has no scent like the other. So, does antiperspirant work? Yes, and I think it would be fine for October-March or April. But it's not safe to use during the hot summer months, even on your feet. Body glide does also come in a formula specifically for feet.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's the lego store then I didn't look too much into DTD but read somewhere that there was a big lego play area around the store, I could be wrong! Good point on the antiperspirant, I will look for the body glide. I was planning on using it on our thighs where our shorts (even cotton) always chafe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crsimpson View Post
    I didn't look too much into DTD but read somewhere that there was a big lego play area around the store, I could be wrong!
    It does have a small play area. Now, I'm not sure if they still have the little "playground" or not. They just did a total refurbishment of the Lego Store this spring so I can't tell you what still is there. As of February, there was a little playground and a table with blocks kids could build on, but it wasn't anything very exciting. The store itself is extremely cool, though, and a Lego nut's dream. The Legoland you may have heard of is a full-on amusement park with lots of rides and shows opening in Orlando in October.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well thats disappointing! The site makes it sound huge and fun! Oh well, I'm sure there are tons of other things to enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

Your trip sounds great, and I am jealous.

One thing - it says you are going to MK on Sunday, with lunch at Coral Reef. Unless I am misunderstanding, you should know that Coral Reef is at Epcot...

Have so much fun!

Post Thanks / Like

All sounds great! We always start our trip with visiting DTD on arrival day, since it's always afternoon & don't want to waste a park day with just half a day! Lst year we had dinner at the T-Rex & it was fantastic!

Sounds like you are leaving yourself plenty of open time to fill as you desire! That's perfect for WDW! One question - did I miss or no Epcot?
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: