Quantcast Opinions wanted

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions wanted

Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinions wanted

We are booked from Sunday to Sunday at BCV. However, we found it significantly cheaper to fly out Saturday night.

Here are our options. Stay at Pop Saturday night. I'm little worried about that because I keep reading it's kind of loud (but it's only one night). But I figure we'll be on property, so we'll just take our luggage down to Bell Services and have them drop it off at BCV.

Or

Stay at the Hyatt at MCO and line up for the Magical Express for BCV in the morning. It's a little cheaper, but not significantly so. Has anyone done this? What has been your experience?

We had ADRs at Kona Cafe that morning, but I can always swap them out for something like the Captain's Grill.

Any feedback is appreciated.
    Jen

Next trip: Beach Club Villas; August 2011.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've added on an extra night at the beginning of our trip for exactly the same reason you cite. On that trip, we stayed at Pop. I didn't find Pop to be at all noisy. Our biggest issue was the size of the beds (we prefer king sized)but we knew that when we made the reservation.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd go with POP. I think it would be logistically easier.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

We have done this as well. I would prefer to stay at POP and have my bags transferred the next day. It has always worked out well for us.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at the Hyatt at MCO at the end of a trip with an early flight the next morning. We booked the extra night to maximize our stay at the parks the previous day. It worked out really well. We arrived at 11 pm after a day at Epcot and the MK and were ready for our flight without the dread and sadness of leaving early the next morning. It was a decent room, good place to stay. But coming in, I would be eager to get to the magic and would probably choose the Pop option just to be on property.

Or, actually, check into the price of rooms at the Hilton, Downtown Disney. We did that for a first night before, and being able to enjoy Downtown Disney (with a great view overlooking it) made it all that much more magical for not a lot of money. We had dinner at the Benihana in the hotel, which was also pretty good. The next morning, we took a cab to our other hotel (the GF) and then just headed right over to the MK in time for opening.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Pop! I like visiting this resort just for great photos - the huge displays all over the property are just too fun. Plus, it helps your vacation start sooner - once you are on Disney property, vacation starts!
    DAWS = Drink Around The World Showcase
    INTERCOT members get a discount
    Drink Around The World Showcase

Post Thanks / Like

we had a flight mixup and had to go down a day early. we stayed at the hyatt at night and just walked down to ME in the morning and made it to POFQ where we were staying early and got to go into the parks right away. the hyatt room was very nice and they had a nice breakfast too, not free, but waht is? we would do this again if it came up.
    fw 75-80-85-90
    cbr 95-98-01
    pofq-02-05-09-13-15
    disney wonder aug 08
    Disneyland Mar 18
    Contemporary Dec 2019

Post Thanks / Like

One vote for Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I would say since you say you will fly Saturday night just stay at the airport and use ME in morning. If you would have been arriving in the morning I would've said stay at POP.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Or, the Dolphin is right next door and often has special rates. It would be close to catch the magical express and you would have transport to Kona.
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the same issue and chose to stay at Pop just so I could explore a new resort and get started with the magic!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't have any problems with noise at Pop Century when we stayed there at the end of November/beginning of December last year. I would go with Pop Century.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UCJen View Post
    We are booked from Sunday to Sunday at BCV. However, we found it significantly cheaper to fly out Saturday night.
    What time are you suppose to arrive at the airport Saturday night?
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    What time are you suppose to arrive at the airport Saturday night?
    Our flight gets in at 9:45. I think by the time we disembark the plane, line up for ME, load the bus, we could be checking in at Pop at 11-12--at the earliest.

With a AAA discount, the Hyatt is cheaper than Pop, is a better standard of accomodation, and we get free breakfast, too. I know it's not as fun or magical as Pop, but with what we will be saving, it will be a QS meal that week.

We were only going to use Pop as a place to put our heads until the morning, so a lot that of fun theming would not be fully appreciated in the dark.

Also my son is an Aspie, so I think he will love "plane spotting" and getting to sleep at a reasonable time--which will make life easier for me the following day.
    Jen

Next trip: Beach Club Villas; August 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We staye at POP back in 2008 before we went to the GF the next day. It was also during Pop Warner but we really didn't have a problem. Next morning we let them transfer our luggage and we went over checked in got our park tickets and off we went.
    Next trip Oct. 2013 Yatch Club Resort club level

Post Thanks / Like

sounds to me that u made your decision already.... if it were me i would stay at the airport hotel. you are getting in late and you could get up at the crack of dawn and be on you way to disney !!!! free breakfast sounds good to me too. and it is cheaper than the value, good as well. why put more travel on to an already long day. wake up refreshed and ready to have fun.

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Post Thanks / Like

since you are getting in so late I would stay at the airport. You can get settle for bed earlier than if you go to POP and then get up early to start your WDW vacation.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Is that am or pm? I would say if it's late, stay at MCO. We did the same thing, but stayed at ASMu the first night. We waited so long to get the bus, so long to get into the room, and forever for our luggage. It was about 2am before we got to bed (we arrived at 9pm). It made the next day hard. Our next trip we will be staying at MCO
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

I can see why you sought advice because it's a tough question. Both options seem like they'd work pretty well. My first instinct is to say stay at Pop, for the same reasons others have stated, luggage issues, it's a WDW resort, etc. I'm thinking your other option would work too, however, so I don't think you'll lose either way.

I guess my opinion would be go for Pop, especially if you've never stayed or visited there, if only to check it out for future reference.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Would def stay at the PoP that first nite!
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: