Quantcast Mid-SEP

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Mid-SEP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mid-SEP

We'll be heading back to WDW 14-29 SEP. Any ideas on crowd levels at that time or definite things to do or avoid at that time? We've only been to WDW in summertime so we're hoping for simething a bit cooler than July and hopefully a little less crowded as well.

Also, we'll be staying at Shades of Green for the first time. Anybody been there recently and have any comments?

Thanks
    Paradise Pier-2003
    Disneyland Hotel-2004
    Disneyland Hotel-2005
    PORS-2008
    Shades of Green - May 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Crowd levels are typically quite manageable in mid-September. It can still be quite hot and humid, though.

Disney's Not So Scary Halloween party should be going on during that time frame.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

to Linda's comments. The one caveat I would add is that WDW has released another "free" dining promotion for September which means that even though the parks won't be too bad, the restaurants will be jam packed as everyone visiting will be on the dining plan. So, any ADRs you want to make, do so now. I decided to make a "last minute" (120 days out) trip to WDW for the end of Sept this past weekend and had a really hard time getting ADRs, even for the places that aren't normally difficult to get into.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I would say to watch out for is to avoid having a love bug fly into your mouth!

Other than that, we love this time of year. Plenty warm enough to swim or do a water park and crowds are light.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reminder about the free dining. We won't be doing the dining plan this tim; we found that we spent so much time 'worrying' about dining (planning the meals, then planning the park around the meal, and further planning the fastpasses and attractions around the meal), not to mention the time spent at the table: that we missed so much at the parks. I know some peoples 'thing' is the dining but having just returned from Afghanistan I'm looking at enjoying ten days in the parks with my family and sticking to the Quick Serve locations and Kiosks/Stands.

Also, thanks for the reminder about the Not So Scary Halloween Party; we'll be doing that as well.

Thanks for all the help.
    Paradise Pier-2003
    Disneyland Hotel-2004
    Disneyland Hotel-2005
    PORS-2008
    Shades of Green - May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to help. Thanks for your service and enjoy your trip!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redleg96 View Post
    Thanks for the reminder about the free dining. We won't be doing the dining plan this tim; we found that we spent so much time 'worrying' about dining (planning the meals, then planning the park around the meal, and further planning the fastpasses and attractions around the meal), not to mention the time spent at the table: that we missed so much at the parks.

I felt this way the last time I went it was the first time on DDP we had 1 QS and 1 TS per day. So i felt I had to go on another trip only a year later because I felt I missed so much planning around dinner. It felt like we ate dinner at 5 or 6 and our day was done because we usually went to resorts for dinner. We went with my parents who are older and can't handle all day at the park and enjoy a nice sit down dinner. This time it is just Me, DW and DD... we are doing QSDP and i feel this will allow us to take full advantage of the park. I may be wrong but you can also get the QSDP during free dining which may be an option for you as you wont have any TS dinners.
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    I felt this way the last time I went it was the first time on DDP we had 1 QS and 1 TS per day. So i felt I had to go on another trip only a year later because I felt I missed so much planning around dinner. It felt like we ate dinner at 5 or 6 and our day was done because we usually went to resorts for dinner. This time it is just Me, DW and DD... we are doing QSDP and i feel this will allow us to take full advantage of the park. I may be wrong but you can also get the QSDP during free dining which may be an option for you as you wont have any TS dinners.
    This is EXACTLY how we felt on last trip with FREE TS Dining! Our days where spent around where were eating vs. really enjoying the Parks and we ate TOOOO much because it was FREE!
    Welcome to OUR month! Our trips will actually overlap.
    Crowds are down, kids are suppose to be in school and definitely not the heat of JULY.
    We got FREE QS (counter service) and are looking forward to it. NO reservations to react to and eat when we want to eat, wherever we are or wanna be.

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY and WELCOME HOME!

Steamboat Willy
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there Sept. 17-24! Our second trip during this time. Our first was 3 years ago and was our best trip to WDW to date. And they were doing free dining then as well, but crowds were very manageable. Weather, on the other hand, was very warm and we had to dodge a couple of crazy afternoon downpours, but we always carry fans and spray bottles with us anyway so the heat wasn't too much of an issue.
    Also, something to remember is that this is the gulf's most susceptible time for hurricanes as we experienced 3 years ago (we missed it, but just barely), which actually is part of what helps with crowd levels.
    On to the main reason for visiting during Sept., the start of the MNSSHP. I noticed you commented that you were planning on going and believe me, you won't regret it! My DW and I dressed up in Colonial garb, which was a lot of fun because other guests wanted pictures with us and the cast members kept wondering how we had escaped Liberty Square! When going to this party, you must stay the entire time (if possible), because as the crowds thin out throughout the evening, the characters do not which allows for some great one-on-one time with many of them and allowed us to even have our very own serenade of 'Grim, Grinning Ghosts' by the Cadaver Dans in the middle of Frontierland! Wasn't another soul in sight! And to top it all off, there were CM's placed all over the park just to give out candy and the later it got, the more generous they gave! Best. Party. Ever! Have fun!
    I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.
    Walt Disney

June 2006-POR (Anniversary)
    Dec. 2007-Pop (My Birthday) 9 DAYS!
    September 2008-POR

December 2009 OKW for MVMCP!
    Upcoming..September 2011-BLT/AKV for MNSSHP!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sept and SOG

We did love our stays at SOG- the rooms are big for an onsite. We walked to the Polynesian a lot for the monorail. This year is our very first time staying off-site (kinda nervous). The SOG pool area seemed very uncrowded which I really liked! The prices in their little mart seemed pretty decent(for disney): great for milk, cereal, poptarts, ponchos, sunblock & had wine and beer too!
    They also have their own shuttle but the BEST part is the extra hours!!
    All Star Music, March 2002
    Contemporary, Feb 2003
    SOG Dec 2006
    Pop Century April 2007
    SOG June 2009-Star Wars Weekend
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek Sept 2011-first time off-site
    Sheraton Vistana Dec 2013-second time off-site

Wyndham Anaheim Disneyland 2015-First Disneyland[/FONT]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: