Quantcast 4 Additional Questions!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 Additional Questions!

I'm really having a great time reading all of your responses to the previous 4 (4 question posts) Here is another one. I'm always interested in what items people purchase while at WDW. So............
    1. Is there a single item you buy on each and every visit?
    2. What, if any, small souvenirs do you buy while at WDW?
    3. What was the strangest item you ever purchased at WDW?
    4. What was the most expensive item you ever purchased while at WDW?

Here are my responses...
    1. Used to be the pins but my daughters have now moved on to the vinylmations.
    2. We seem to do a lot of magnets for our frig.
    3. Worst purchase ever! My wife bought 2 flutelike musical instruments for our 2 daughters at the store in AKL. It was the first night of a 14 night trip. Do you know how many time we tried to hide them?
    4. We have a few of the limited hand painted cells which we purchased in HS. We really like the cells that feature any of the rides in WDW.

Have fun....
    Planned for 2015, SSR in June, BWV in July
    14 AKL & BCV
    13 WLV & BCV & SSR
    12 AKV, BCV, POFQ
    11 Akv, BCV, SSR
    10 AKV, BCV, WLV
    09 AKV, BCV,POFQ
    08 BWV, WL & BC
    07 OKW
    06 SSR, OKW, BC, PR & DVC
    05 AKL, CBR, WL & HARDROCK
    04 CS & DISNEYLAND
    98 CS
    77, 87, 94 OFF SITE

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Good question!!

1) we have to buy fudge to bring home from the confectionary! Always!!!
    2) we always buy tons and tons of themed pens. Princess pens...jack skellington pens...etc!
    3) believe it or not one person in our party scratched his eye and it hurt to look around in the sunlight. in the pirates gift shop we bought him an eye patch with a skull and he wore it the rest of the trip!
    4) most expensive is hard... We like the photos of us on the rides and tons of photo pass prints can add up!!!

Post Thanks / Like

1. I come home with a bunch of Mickey shaped chocolate rice krispy treats!! They are the one thing I never go to Disney without having.
    2. I always bring home pens, weird I know but I love esp the Hello Kitty ones in Japan and the ones with Marie on them.
    3. Not sure if it was meant as a skirt or a headpiece but it was a black cloth like thing with golden coins all around the sides in Morocco. Never wore it or did anything with it after trip.
    4. Would have to be the two Dooney & Bourke sketch bags I bought. I have one large on and a small pink one.
    October 2000 & 2003 CBR
    March 2004 Offsite
    May 2004 AK Lodge
    July & Sept 2004 Pop Century
    Nov 2004 Offsite
    Dec 2004 Coronado Springs
    March 2005 Contemporary
    July 2010 Contemporary
    May 2011 AK Lodge
    Nov 2011 POR-Riverside
    Feb 2012 Polynesian
    April & May 2012 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

1. Is there a single item you buy on each and every visit? Yes a few actually. Pins, a picture frame and an ornament with the current year on it.
    2. What, if any, small souvenirs do you buy while at WDW? t
    he only small items i buy are pins

3. What was the strangest item you ever purchased at WDW? diapers! LOL I ran out while we were there and thankfully the hotel sold them.
    4. What was the most expensive item you ever purchased while at WDW? Our family crest from Liberty Square.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

1. Lately, we always buy pins, and my wife loves the chocolate covered pretzels.

2. Pins

3. Our last trip the airlines lost our luggage. So we had to buy toothbrushes. Which reminds me, do they really need to sell condoms at WDW?

4. The most expensive would be a monorail toy. Actually, JohnY and Intercot paid for it from the contest I won on here.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

We always buy a balloon (last time it was a ginormous princess balloon that drove me crazy all weekend!) and an autograph book (usually the classic blue one, but occasionally a fancier one with photo pages).

We usually collect all the stickers CMs give my son and he takes them to school when we return.

My son wanted a light-up spinner toy (Buzz, Cinderella, Mickey, etc.) every time we went to WDW. Once we got home, he forgot all about it. We began quite a collection before we realized we should start recycling them from trip to trip.

We don't spend too much on souvenirs, so the "on the ride" photos we've bought over the years are probably the most we've spent on one thing.

Tess

poly07

poly08
    pop09
    popChristmas09
    contemporaryJune10
    wlOctober10
    wlChristmas10
    polyMay11
    wlOctober11
    bcJune12
    dreamThanksgiving12
    bcJune13

Post Thanks / Like

An ornament with the year on it

magnets, shot glasses, or keychains

Probably some of the candy we've gotten in Japan. It looked good on the package but tasted disgusting.

Haven't been able to buy anything too expensive yet being a student and all, but I did spring for a white gold setting for my black pearl I got. I really want a D&B bag and a few of the larger figurines. Maybe when I save up some money and we go on our honeymoon in the Fall.
    Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Post Thanks / Like

1. Mickey balloons
    2. Keychains and pressed coins
    3. A goofy hat, literally of goofy's head, not very stylish!
    4. Probably the photos from the rides
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LovinWDW View Post
    (1) We usually buy pins or t-shirts on every trip.

(2) I usually buy pins, which are pretty cheap (to me) and a writing utensil of some sort. This last trip I bought a new mouse pad, because I needed one!

(3) Strangest item - gigantic dinosaur from Animal Kingdom. My son just had to have it! He carried it on the plane when we flew home and he got a lot of funny looks. The dino was almost as big as he was.

2nd strangest - a "Walk Around the World" brick for $75. We didn't get to take it home, though. It's still near the MK. We bought it in 1996 when we were on our honeymoon. In 2002, our first trip back after honeymooning, we found the brick on the walkway to the GF. The kids ask about it every time we enter MK because they see bricks just like it!

(4) The most expensive item was from the Lego store when we were there earlier this month. I had told our boys they could spend $25 each there, but when their dad took them in (while I did World of Disney with the girls) he let them pick a $250 Star Wars Lego set to share (it was the 4th, which is Star Wars day, so all Star Wars sets were on sale). I was flabbergasted, but my hubby is a big kid at heart, so I wasn't surprised!
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

1 It has to be Christmas Decorations
    2 Fridge Magnets
    3 A puppet Beaver from Canada land ( dont ask )
    4 DVC
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

1. Is there a single item you buy on each and every visit? Always have to buy new pins. Aside from that though, I have started looking into buying wines from the different countries on each trip now (very small collection at this point). So far I have only 3 icewines, one from Germany, 2 from Canada (different wineries of course).

2. What, if any, small souvenirs do you buy while at WDW? Again, always buy new pins.

3. What was the strangest item you ever purchased at WDW? The Haunted Mansion top hat complete with bat wings on the sides, white hair attached around the back half of the inside rim and glow in the dark HM wallpaper faces. But I will also mention of a small plaque I had bought many years ago from the Main Street Magic Shop (it used to connect to the Penny Arcade). The Disney price sticker is still on the back of it to this day. It's nothing really Disney whatsoever since it's just a vulture perched on a dead branch, 2 bones making an X underneath him and the framing is reminiscent of Victorian looking.....Did I mention the whole plaque glows in the dark or under blacklight conditions?

4. What was the most expensive item you ever purchased while at WDW? This is an easy one. I bought a framed autographed picture of Sean Bean as he appeared in LOTR. That was a couple hundred bucks right there. I've also bought 2 swords from MK (separate occasions) back before they would have to mail it to you instead of you taking it with you or having it sent to your room. The looks I had with the smaller one and carrying it with me from the Castle to the bus. It was a cardboard box with a vinyl tape type of handle. Most people kind of got out of my way for some reason.
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=JasonH;2169982]1. Is there a single item you buy on each and every visit? Always have to buy new pins. Aside from that though, I have started looking into buying wines from the different countries on each trip now (very small collection at this point). So far I have only 3 icewines, one from Germany, 2 from Canada (different wineries of course).

Do you get them home? I tried to do the same thing once, but they all seemed to disappear before we left!

Post Thanks / Like

1.Pins I just absolutly LOVE them
    2.Pns, I'm obssed
    3.These chinese ribbon sand bag things
    4.It was not something i bought but for my 11 birthday from my parents I got a glass sliper, a crown and a certificat signed by princess aurora

Post Thanks / Like

We have many items that we buy every trip, but we always have to get a cookie from the bakery on Main Street!

We buy a new magnet every time...we get them no matter where we go. At Disney, we try to get the dated ones to remember each trip every time we get into the extra freezer!

I had to buy Swimmer's Ear medicine once for my daughter after too much time at the pool!

Sunscreen! Well, it wasn't the most expensive, but the most expensive compared to what it cost elsewhere!! The bad thing was that we did have some, but forgot it in the room.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Clothing! I have to get a new shirt and hoodie every year, so I can brag about my trip where ever I go! Also, I have to buy a new xmas ornament every year.

2. Pins for my collection and charms for my bracelet

3. I don't think I have bought anything strange... I will go with a bag of cotton candy a day while on the trip!

4. Currently, probably a $60 hoodie. However, I am saving up to buy a Dooney & Bourke purse for my next trip!
    Disney dreaming in progress....

April 2016- Polynesian!

May 2014- Animal Kingdom Lodge!

August 2010- Polynesian!

May 2009- Animal Kingdom Lodge!

July 2008- Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Post Thanks / Like

1. I usually buy a new shirt or hoodie. I have to buy a few pins and a new vinylmation. I also have to buy a Dole Whip in MK.

2. Usually pins and key chains.

3. I don't know if I've ever bought anything really strange, but I did get a kermit the frog hat in Hollywood Studios when I went in February! :-)

4. A Dooney & Burke bag. <3 Hoping to buy a new one when I head down for Memorial Day Weekend. :-)

WDW:
    Aug 2007- Off-site
    Aug 2008- Dolphin
    Aug 2009- Dolphin
    May 2010- Dolphin
    July 2010- Dolphin
    Feb 2011- Dolphin
    July 2011- Dolphin
    November 2011- Coronado Springs
    August 2012- Coronado Springs
    December 2012- Coronado Springs
    April 2013- Pop
    August 2013- Dolphin<3

Post Thanks / Like

1. Is there a single item you buy on each and every visit? I always buy a couple frozen banannas during the trip. i always buy a pin or two. and calender....

2. What, if any, small souvenirs do you buy while at WDW? i buy a calender. i also always buy a mug.

3. What was the strangest item you ever purchased at WDW? strangest? that's a hard question. It's not strange...but one item sticks out. we flew in one night and it was so cold. we went to eat, but our luggage wasn't there. I was so cold i bought a sweat shirt. I dind't want to buy it, but i had to. so i bought the cheapest one. it was bright orange....not really my favorite.

4. What was the most expensive item you ever purchased while at WDW?i don't buy a lot of expensive items. usually a lot of small ones. But it would probably be a jacket or something like that.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

1. The single thing I buy are magnets half of my refrigerator are Disney magnets

2. Pins especially limited editions ones for AP/DVC ones

3. A Barbie doll in Downtown Disney back in the 90's

4. DVC on Thanksgiving day 2009 for BLT
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Stuffed animals- ds7 is obsessed with them. Me an ornament with the year.
    magnets
    Not sure- maybe the 35 antenna toppers for all my family members that wanted various ones.
    I believe it was my ds's sweatshirt/jacket

Post Thanks / Like

1. There are several items I buy every trip-year mugs, ornaments, wine, t-shirts and aprons
    2. Smallest items was probably a pair of tinkerbell earrings
    3. Strangest item-socks-I packed my suitcase the night before we left and put it in the car and left out my clothes for the next day. I forgot to leave out socks but didn't want to unpack everything so I bought socks at the gift shop
    4. Most expensive-A sword in the China pavilion that my son asked wanted for Christmas

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: