Quantcast Ticket Upgrade question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ticket Upgrade question

I have a friend that would like to give me 4, 2-day base tickets that have never been activated. They were purchased as part of a Free Dining package. Since she has AP's now, she will not be using them. I know tickets are nontransferable, but does that include tickets that have never been used? Thank you.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe that gifts are a problem. I'm not sure however what kind of upgrading you'll be able to do. I think package tickets are tied to a name, and when names don't match, questions may arise.

I'm not the resident ticket expert however...

Post Thanks / Like

We just wanted to add a couple of days to the existing 2 day tickets. They had been purchased as part of a Free Dining package but were never used. I believe they have my friends last name on them, but she will not be using them since she now gets AP's.

Post Thanks / Like

You will eaither be able to add on or not. Just two days, or 8 with park hopper and water parks, it won't matter. Someone else will need to answer the question of upgrading tickets that are not yours but were gifted to you.

Generally, gifted tickets are like any other, HOWEVER, when purchased as part of a package, part of the "deal" is usually tickets, so there may be a restriction on upgrading them when you are not the original recipient. You can certainly use them as two day tickets, that won't be a problem, the problem MAY be with trying to upgrade them.

Post Thanks / Like

This is really up to Disney's interpretation of "non transferrable". Honestly, because your friend purchased these as part of a package, I have a feeling you're not going to be able to utilize them. Just a gut feeling on my part, but I know the restrictions we had when trying to cash ours in for A/Ps.

I have a few KTTW cards which have base tickets on which we had to purchase a few years back for the "Buy 4, Get 3 Free" promotion. For each package we purchased, we had to buy one base ticket each, but ended up with two separate KTTW per person due to the length of our stay (14 nights). The back of the card states, "If you purchased a ticket, the following terms apply: Nontransferable; must be used by the same person on any and all days."

What I can tell you is this: We were able to utilize one of these tickets each toward our A/Ps last trip (2010). However, there were two caveats: 1) We could only use one base ticket towards each of our A/Ps - we had to pocket the other base ticket until our next A/P purchase; and 2) DH and I had to show proof of identity upon forfeiture of the card to upgrade to A/P status. Now, I realize that regardless when purchasing an A/P you need to show ID. However, I wonder if it isn't like that for any KTTW card that you're trying to exchange to upgrade when there's an actual name involved on the original ticket.

I think a call to Disney definitely is in order for this one - I'd hate for you to get to the Guest Services window to exchange the tickets & find out you can't use them at all.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the help. I will put a call into Disney and let people know what they said.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't bother calling Disney. The only number you can resally call is 407-W-DISNEY. That is a reservations line. The cast members who staff the call centers are not trained in the intricasies of ticket USE, only in ticket SALES. Seriously, it won't be worth the phone call, because the answer you get may or may not be correct.

The fact is that UNUSED tickets can be used by anyone. Disney has no policy against you giving away your totally unused tickets to someone else for them to use. But once YOU use it, no one else may use any portion of that ticket ... that's the non-transferable part.

If anyone at a ticket booth or resort Lobby Concierge desk gives you a problem, ask to speak with a lead or supervisor.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: