Quantcast To Water park or not to Water Park...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default To Water park or not to Water Park...

Ok so, we are going to the world in October 7th-14th. We are doing park hopper, but now my wife is trying to talk me into adding water park hopper option. I am skeptical for a few reasons, first being I don't see going that much and it is an exta $200 for the 3 of us. Secondly it will be October and I am not sure that it will be nice enough every day to take full advantage of adding this. Lastly I feel like it will take time away from the park which I don't know that I am willing to do. Any advice or recommendations? Also I feel if I am spending $200 I would rather goto Wizarding World...
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

October is often very warm, so the weather shouldn't be too much of a deciding factor.

Since you're staying at POP, your pool won't have a water slide. Is this something that the family wants to enjoy? Have you looked at how much it might cost to upgrade to a moderate so you can have a slide at the pool in lieu of a waterpark?

Do you have any desire to go to Disney Quest as well? If not, then maybe suggest you keep the idea of visiting ONE water park one day open, and decide while you're there. Buying one day water park admissions (for just one visit) is cheaper than adding on the WPF&M option.

Just some ideas...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't mention what age your child is.... but my kids enjoyed the waterpark as much as the parks. It's a great way to end the day, after a long hot morning at a park. We've only been in October once, but it was definitely hot!
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

my daughter is 5, she has never experienced any type of water park before. But she does like thrill type rides etc... I am excited to be able to take her on BTMRR and Splash Mountain for the first time this year. Are the rides at the water parks suitable for her age? I don't even know what disney quest is exactly, i have heard of it but thats it.

I think I might try just buying a one day ticket because i couldn't see us going more than one day. with thay said which is better BB or TL?
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

My personal favorite is Typhoon Lagoon because we like swimming (snorkeling) with the sharks.

Since your daughter is so young, you might want to wait until she is a little older to add a water park. She is going to want to be at the other parks if this is her first year to get to ride some of the big roller coasters.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

We always spend time at the water parks. We will go in the morning and then head to a park for the evening. We kind of feel like the water park gives us some time to relax and as my kids got older they loved the slides, lazy river, and tube rides. There is an area at each water park for "little ones" and families to enjoy. Like the above poster said there are really nice pools at each resort and when our kids were little they had as much fun spending an afternoon there as they did at the water park. Have fun and enjoy your trip!

Post Thanks / Like

The water is heated and you just HAVE to ride Crush n' Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVonDrake View Post
    Absolutely agree 100%!!!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVonDrake View Post
    AND Teamboat Springs at Blizzard Beach. It's a great family raft ride. Fast and long. It's our family's favorite attraction at the water parks. Blizzard Beach also has a great kids area for the younger ones.

October days are usually plenty warm enough to enjoy the water parks.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Of course $$$ are personal for everyone and I don't want anyone to spend more than they can afford. However, the water parks are awesome and we enjoy them as much as the regular parks. They actually encourage me to relax and enjoy my vacation much more so than I otherwise would. But the lazy rivers, rides etc are awesome. I would do so if you can.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

We are debating whether or not to go to the waterparks as well. We have been to the waterparks every single visit prior to this one, and so far, the kids are okay with not going. I hate to spend another $200 as well. We are staying at YC though, so we will at least have a waterslide. I guess we will just wait and decide whether or not to go to a waterpark once we are at the World.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dream'nDisney View Post
    We are debating whether or not to go to the waterparks as well. We have been to the waterparks every single visit prior to this one, and so far, the kids are okay with not going. I hate to spend another $200 as well. We are staying at YC though, so we will at least have a waterslide. I guess we will just wait and decide whether or not to go to a waterpark once we are at the World.
    Stormalong Bay is as good as (and sort of better, in some ways) the waterparks!

When we went to Blizzard Beach with our kids last year, we were staying at Beach Club. While we had fun at BB, the boys actually had MORE fun at the resort pool. So, DH and I decided that if we are staying at BC/YC in the future, we'll skip the water parks.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

The kids do love SAB but they also love all the waterslides and the water coaster at TL. I hope they will be satisfied with just swimming at SAB.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Would've, Should have, Could have, Better to have and not need than to need an not have. Do It!

Post Thanks / Like

That $57 option can be added any time. I would not do it for a 5yo staying at BC/YC with 1 waterpark already. You don't have enough
    time.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

unless you're planning to use the water parks each day, I would opt out of adding the water park feature and simply pay the day's rate.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Don't add the water park option.

If you do decide to go to a water park for a portion of one day, just pay out of pocket. It would be cheaper.

If this was one of my first trips to WDW, I wouldn't want to take one moment from my park experience. I understand your wife's attempt to 'do it all.' It doesn't do, however, to cram the schedul with too many things. Sometimes more isn't better, it's just more. Remember the guiding thought: We are here to have a good time as a family and have positive experiences. Whatever leads you to that is the right thing to do.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Love the waterparks. They are always some of my favorite days. We like to take a day and do both. Their lazy river is so relaxing and so much fun. Atmosphere is fun too. October is great weather.

But my kids love water and so do we. We always fit in time for the pool almost everyday. Its one of the things we love.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

The other thing to consider is the park closing times in October, which typically are earlier than summer. In addition to the water parks, you would be able to play min-golf or visit Disney Quest in the evenings.

We add the Water Parks and More option, but we love the water parks. We typically visit them on the mornings they have the magic hours and are able to ride everything to our hearts content by 11 AM and then off to the regular parks. Thats just us, but I give a big thumbs up to both water parks. My DD8 loves Blizzard Beach but I prefer Typhoon Lagoon.
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't done the water parks.....yet; We'll be going in Jaunuary and even with only one WP in operation - we'll be adding the water parks.
    Paradise Pier-2003
    Disneyland Hotel-2004
    Disneyland Hotel-2005
    PORS-2008
    Shades of Green - May 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: