Quantcast Edge & Oceaneer Lab for 11 year old?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Edge & Oceaneer Lab for 11 year old?

My dd will be 11 when we go on our cruise. Can she try both the Edge & the Oceaneer Lab, or does she have to choose one or the other?
    PrincessJadesMom
    January 1985-Off site
    April 2006-All Star Movies
    September 2007-Pop Century
    October 2010-Pop Century
    January 2012-Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise
    February 2012-All Star Movies
    October 2013-All Star Movies
    October 2014-Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter was 11 when we went in march. They can go to both.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I HIGHLY recommend the Edge for 11 year olds. I have a 13 and 11 year old. My 13 year old is a social butterfly, always has been. My 11 year old isn't and wasn't looking forward to the kids club because he said "I don't want to play with 3 year olds". Well, we introducted him to the Edge the first day and we never saw him the rest of the trip. He totally loved it! He participated in things my husband and I didn't ever expect him to do and he has come back a more confident young man. The couselors are great and I think it is a wonderful place for our tweens to hang out.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

They can go to both. My 11 year old dd did not want to even try the Edge though, so she went to just the club/lab and they even gave her an armband, which was reassuring to her. She had a great time there.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

What about an almost 11yo? We leave next week, but our daughter will be 11 in less than 3 months. Would they give her a pass to move up?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    What about an almost 11yo? We leave next week, but our daughter will be 11 in less than 3 months. Would they give her a pass to move up?
    We just got of the Wonder in Alaska and the Edge couselor did say they would allow a 10 year old to move up, but they would have to be "very close" to their 11th birthday. Not sure what that meant, so you'll need to call Disney Cruise Line to find out.

Also, I am hearing that the new boats have new rules as far as their kids clubs and ages? The Wonder still adheres to strict age groups, but not sure about the Dream. I heard when they first sailed they didn't have age restrictions?
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned Thursday from our "Dream" trip and my 11yo son LOVED Edge! He didn't even go to the Club/Lab. Now my 9yo daughter went to both the Club and Lab and preferred the Lab. Neither wanted to leave when it was time for dinner. They serve the kids dinner in the clubs, but we decided before the cruise that dinner would be "family time". We had a wonderful time and cannot wait until our next cruise!!
    2008 - DVC owner SSR
    2010 - DVC owner OKW
    2011 - DVC owner AKL
    2013 - Additional DVC points at AKL :)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slheflin View Post
    Just returned Thursday from our "Dream" trip and my 11yo son LOVED Edge! He didn't even go to the Club/Lab. Now my 9yo daughter went to both the Club and Lab and preferred the Lab. Neither wanted to leave when it was time for dinner. They serve the kids dinner in the clubs, but we decided before the cruise that dinner would be "family time". We had a wonderful time and cannot wait until our next cruise!!
    Isn't the Disney experience the best?!!!
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFr33k View Post
    Isn't the Disney experience the best?!!!
    We CANNOT wait to cruise again! Hoping to do the Members Only cruise in 2013
    2008 - DVC owner SSR
    2010 - DVC owner OKW
    2011 - DVC owner AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We CANNOT wait to cruise again! Hoping to do the Members Only cruise in 2013

What is a Members Only Cruise? Sorry, still learning!
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

It's a cruise for DVC members only (plus their family and friends). It's not open to public booking.
    2008 - DVC owner SSR
    2010 - DVC owner OKW
    2011 - DVC owner AKL

Post Thanks / Like

It's a cruise for DVC members only (plus their family and friends). It's not open to public booking.
    Okay, thanks! I was wondering if it was that or a Castaway Club member. DVC makes sense!
    - Elastigirl

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: