Quantcast Coronado Springs or CBR?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coronado Springs or CBR?

We usually stay at the Poly but not sure we will get a good deal for it on our next trip. We might have to do CBR or Coronado Springs. Any thoughts on either, good or bad for children? We have stayed at CBR a few years ago before the new pool. I would love opinions on either. Thanks.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's tough. We've stayed at, and really enjoyed, both resorts. With kids I think I'd suggest CBR over CSR. My boys are 11 and 9 and we've stayed at CBR twice and they loved it. Its probably their favorite pool on property, and they've experienced plenty of pools including the pools at BC, Poly, WL, AKL (both lodges). We've stayed at all 4 moderate resorts and CBR is the only one we've stayed at twice. That was because my kids requested, no begged, to stay there again.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Having stayed at both, my family always chooses CSR over CBR.

The main pool is amazing and never seems to feel crowded. We've never had a problem getting chairs or a table. The kids love the slide and the playground area. I like that the playground area is right by the pool so everyone is happy.

We also prefer the food court over CBR. At CSR - you can find more selection than the usual chicken nuggets or mac & cheese. There are many more options available.

The grounds are spectacular! Truly beautiful.

If you've already stayed at CBR - why not give CSR a try. You really can't go wrong - you're still in Disney.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

I also agree with CSR. We have stayed at both and in our opinion CSR is much better. The pool is 10 times nicer as is the food court. CBR seemed way to big and the bus transportation was lacking. In short, we would stay at CSR again but never CBR. Good luck with your decision and remember either way, you'll still be at WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Planned for 2015, SSR in June, BWV in July
    14 AKL & BCV
    13 WLV & BCV & SSR
    12 AKV, BCV, POFQ
    11 Akv, BCV, SSR
    10 AKV, BCV, WLV
    09 AKV, BCV,POFQ
    08 BWV, WL & BC
    07 OKW
    06 SSR, OKW, BC, PR & DVC
    05 AKL, CBR, WL & HARDROCK
    04 CS & DISNEYLAND
    98 CS
    77, 87, 94 OFF SITE

Post Thanks / Like

I also have stayed at both resorts. While both are nice, I'd definitely stay at CSR over CBR. I prefer the food court and pool at CSR. Also, the grounds are simply beautiful!
    Lauren

AKL ('04)
    BLT ('11)
    CBR ('09, '15)
    CSR ('03, '11, '16)
    POFQ ('06, '14)
    POLY ('12 - Honeymoon)
    WL ('05, '08, '13)
    BWI ('15)
    Disney Cruise ('15)
    Disneyland Hotel ('08, '14)

Next Up: Beach Club- Oct 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Two points about the CS. First off as a convention resort you may see people in business attire as you are hanging out at the pool.

Another thing is you mostly stayed onsite at deluxe properties. Most moderate resorts offer double beds with the exception of CS which has queens.

One thing about the CB is the pirate themed rooms are pretty cool. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/res...-beach-resort/

Click on rooms and view pics

Post Thanks / Like

I would choose CSR, hands-down. Out of all the mods, it is the one that has the closest feel to a deluxe. CSR even has a fitness center. Both are very large resorts, but I like the layout of CSR much better.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your great feedback! We really hope we can do Poly again, but if not, it doesn't sound like we could go wrong with CSR of CBR!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

If I had to choose between CBR and CSR for me I'd choose CBR each and every time. Having stayed at both I really prefer the CBR for several reasons. In my opinion the food court at CBR is better, the main pool is better and the grounds at CBR are nice to just walk around and relax.
    Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge-twice
    Polynesian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Pop Century

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." ~~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

This is just the decision we had to make! We picked the CBR over CS because after doing research I found the CBR being one of the original moderates would be able to give me and my family the best Disney feel & experience. The only downside that I could find was the size(could be a plus) & bus service reviews.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: