Quantcast poly buildings and more questions about POLY

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default poly buildings and more questions about POLY

Okay the count down has begun for our honeymoon in MAY . We are Staying at the poly for the 1st time. I requested a theme park view for the "special occaction"...so what building would we be in and can I reqest second or 3rd flore???
    Also what is the fastess way to MK...by boat, right?
    Just keep swimming Just keep swimming

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Polynesian, theme park view without club level service would probably put you in Tahiti, which is lovely. I'm not sure the second floor has balconies in that building. I always prefer the third floor anyway. Tahiti is also great for people who like first floor with patio and you can walk out right to the beach. It depends on personal preference.

The boat goes right from the Poly to the MK. The benefit for you in Tahiti will be that you can see, maybe from your room, when boats are arriving and departing, plus it's right down the beach from that location. I love the boat. Coming back from the MK, also good, but it stops at the GF first along the way (and will have GF people on board first, before it stops at Poly). The monorail is also fun and leaves right from the Great Ceremonial House, top floor. Also, from Tahiti, it's a short walk to the Transportation and Ticket Center to hop on the monorail to Epcot.

Best wishes and congratulations! You must be getting so excited.
    Last edited by SBETigg; 04-27-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: added wishes
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Agree that it's most likely Tahiti will be the building and yes you can request 2nd or 3rd floor. Third will be quieter with no one walking over top of you.

You probably did this but when you say 'requested' theme park view you do mean booked it? It is a different booking class not something you can request. Just thought I'd ask given how it was written in your post.

We like the resort launch to MK from the Poly dock. Don't know if it's faster but it sure is nice.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks guys!!!!! When we booked the room we said MK view..when I paid in full they confired it was mk view... I am not club level.
    and I did tell them this is our honeymoon too.

our reservations say "poly them park view..."

We are so thrilled!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimsgal05 View Post
    Thanks guys!!!!! When we booked the room we said MK view..when I paid in full they confired it was mk view... I am not club level.
    and I did tell them this is our honeymoon too.

our reservations say "poly them park view..."

We are so thrilled!!!
    Great!! A special place or your honeymoon. What memories you'll have. Take time to sit on your balcony, watch the Electric Water Pageant and the fireworks. It will be truly magical.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Take time to walk along the beach and through the grounds in the evening under the tiki torches. It's beautiful and peaceful. A midnight swim in the quiet pool is perfection.

Congratulations! Remember to relax and enjoy yourselves.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Congrat's on the wedding!

There are actually 3 building with magic kingdom view.
    1. Tahiti
    2. Aortorea
    3. Tavulua

#2 &3 are on the opposite side of the resort from Tahiti. They also only have balcony's on the 3rd floor, and patio's on 1st. 2nd floor has the sliding door and rail no balcony.
    [these are located on the side nearer the grand floridian]

#1 Tahiti, has its own beach. and you are right next to the dock for the ferry. The ferry is a quick ride from tahiti too. The walk is the same and being much larger you will always get on without having to wait for the next boat. But you also get the "horn" which blows each time it pulls in and out. Tahiti, has 2 bathroom sinks in all rooms and both 2nd and 3rd floors have balcony's and patio's on 1.

Keep in mind the poly is rehabing the east [quiet] pool at present and no date for completion has been given.

Have a great time,
    Simbajr4ever!

Planning 2014
    May
    September

Post Thanks / Like

My choice was Tahiti, 3rd floor (I always figure the higher the better in terms of view). I also liked being relatively near the Transportation & Ticket Center for two reasons: convenience of short walk to the Epcot monorail; and when leaving Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios we could get on either the monorail resorts bus OR the TTC bus, whichever came first. But Tahiti is the farthest pf the 3 from the Great Ceremonial House. It was a pleasant walk along the beach, no doubr, but from my room door to the outside door of Capt. Cook's it was a 5-minute walk (I timed it). Tahiti has balconies on the 2nd AND 3rd floor rooms. Unlike the other 2 buildings, it has 2 sinks in the bathroom, and the rooms are about 30 or 40 square feet larger than in the other 2 buildings (it's a newer building).

Tuvalu probably has its huge fans. It is just about right on the lagoon, very little lawn and no beach and then the land drops off into the water. This puts your room right on the lagoon, which I'm sure can be pleasant. Note: second floor rooms DO NOT have balconies.

I'd stay away from Aotearoa. It's set back pretty far from the lagoon; there's a lot of real estate between your room and the lagoon. Disney's definition of MK view at Poly is an unobstructed view of Cinderella Castle. And from most MK view rooms in Aotearoa, that's all you CAN see is the Castle, in a tunnel-vision sort of way ... it's framed by Grand Floridian on the left and Poly's Fiji longhouse on the right. In addition, the Mk view rooms are right on the path from the GCH to the Luau Cove, meaning that the crowds going to and from the Luau have to pass right by your room. This longhouse also has NO balconies on the 2nd floor.

I paid for theme park view, and I requested 3rd floor Tahiti. When I checked-in at 9:45 a.m., I got 2nd floor Aotearoa. I asked nicely if I could have my request granted. The front desk cast member got on the phone with Housekeeping, and told me I could get it if I was willing to wait until about 3 p.m. It wasn't ready until almost 6 p.m., but that's OK. Having a balcony was a MUST for me, and being in Tahiti was important to me. In my opinion, for what I wanted and needed, it was well worth the wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

thank you everyone I called today and Poly said "to call at 10 days before my trip, which will be monday which is great so I plan on going with the tathi building and 2nd or 3rd flore...I am sure they are not filled yet.

can't wait...I have our m. ears already! borrowed the grooms ears from a friend and bought the bride..soon to be hubby thinks I am too funny....
    my wedding band was stolen back in Oct it is by WYLAND so we are getting one at POLY...the org. one I had they don't make anymore
    But least it's replacement will have a heartfelt meaning ...

No everyone pray it doesn't rain just at 3 or 6pm while we are there in lessthan 2 weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping best wishes for you that it all goes smoothly, no weather issues, and you find the perfect wedding band and have an amazing honeymoon. Cheers! And looking forward to trip reports.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

can't wait for a trip report! we are staying at the poly for our honeymoon in december
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure to get your "honeymoon buttons" at any guest service location. Evey cast member will greet you with a congrats

Oh by the way......CONGRATULATIONS!
    Have a Disney Day!

Vinnie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just in case:

If you do not get an unobtructed view of the castle go to the great ceremonial house in person. We got to our 3rd floor tahiti room and had 4 palm trees right where the castle is. I called "front desk on phone" and you get some office NOT the poly front desk. On the phone they asked "what can you see" i replied "space mt. She said that is "park view" and all your entiled to." I was livid. The bellmen arrived cause the desk arranged him while we walked to the room. He agreed, and called the real front desk. I was then told "they knew about the view and it needed to be re-classified or the trees cut". But, I guess they put people in it just hoping you would NOT know better. This was last October 2010. Was NOT the way we wanted to start our vacation.
    Simbajr4ever!

Planning 2014
    May
    September

Post Thanks / Like

I have a theme park view booked for the Poly as well, and requested 3rd floor Tahiti.

Disney charges more for Theme Park View than it does for Lagoon View, based on having an unobstructed view of the castle.

I stayed in Aoutera last time, and while the view was great, I couldn't stand all the drumming from the luau. I won't stay there or in Tuvalau because of this.
    Offsite - 2x
    AS Sports
    AS Music
    AS Movies - 9x
    Pop Century - 3x
    Caribbean Beach Resort
    Riverside
    Old Key West
    Wilderness Lodge - 7x
    Polynesian - 4x
    Grand Floridian - 2x
    Beach Club
    Yacht Club
    Boardwalk
    Wilderness Lodge - January 2014
    Boardwalk - July 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Tahiti building in january. We had a second floor (which had a full balcony) but did not have a MK view.

Just a little tip: From the Tahiti building if you want to get to the MK, it is a quicker walk to the MK monorail at the TTC than it is to monrail station at the GCH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    Just a little tip: From the Tahiti building if you want to get to the MK, it is a quicker walk to the MK monorail at the TTC than it is to monrail station at the GCH.
    It's not only a quicker walk, it's also a quicker RIDE ... the ride from TTC on the express monorail, so there are no stops in between.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I will let everyone know what they tell me on monday when I call and yes trip report I will do never done one before..so this will be fun...ever since i was a little girl I always wanted to stay at poly and have a mk view of the castle..hey a girl can wish apon a star right??

thank you all for the Great info on here and my other silly questions...
    Hopefuly no rain and I get see robin hood the fox...and R2-MK at star wars weekend
    okay I am really wishing now...
    but this is my honeymoon~~~

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: