Quantcast Episode 14 - That?s Not Transportation

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Episode 14 - That?s Not Transportation

The INTERCOT InsiderEpisode 14 - April 19, 2011The Cast: Melanie, Gary, Ian & John“That’s Not Transportation!”

Murray Head reference starts the show

Tokyo Disneyland Re-Opens

Punked by the Fantasyland pictures- Beast castle wasn’t so huge… forced perspective- Cinderella and Beast fight it out

Disney Channel confusion. Miley is so over.* Debbie Ryan, the new Miley.

The Royal Sleepover and Wedding.* Cool free event that Disney should do more of… Kudos to the big D.*

Also a big Wedding event at the Swan & Dolphin: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...ighlight=royal

Armed Forces Salute extended into 2012

Talking Shades of Green, The Disney Inn and Golf Resort

New Race at Disneyland - Tinkerbell Half Marathon

We’ve lost Gary

Lots of activity on the Discussion Boards and @INTERCOT Twitter account

Best of Disney Transportation: Mel likes using her own transportation.* Gary likes the boats between the Wilderness Lodge and the Magic Kingdom.* John says Monorails are the obvious choice but instead goes with the Epcot Resorts boat loop.* Ian likes the Monorails and specifically the Epcot Resort Loop.

That’s Not Transportation!* Mel defines transportation as being from point a to point b

See the @INTERCOT Twitter feed for pictures of the Year 2000 package giveaways

DVC Rehash and Discussion.* Ian goes over the basics of the DVC, common questions and features.

Updates, Refurbs & Vacation Savings

Site Feature - Report a Post Button

Podcast Bonus Materials!

>> Listen Here
    Last edited by John; 04-24-2011 at 02:38 PM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to apologize to the entire British Empire for this one.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Another good podcast by "the Intercot's".

My favorite Disney transportation is Space Mountain since you load and unload at different places, it goes from point A to B. lol
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Another good podcast by "the Intercot's".
    Classic!

My favorite Disney transportation is Space Mountain since you load and unload at different places, it goes from point A to B. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    I would like to apologize to the entire British Empire for this one.
    Gary, I am TOTALLY with you on this one. I laughed when you said what you did. It's so true! I couldn't give a flying flip about this wedding.

Another fun podcast guys!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Gary, I am TOTALLY with you on this one. I laughed when you said what you did. It's so true! I couldn't give a flying flip about this wedding.
    To further offend our friends across the pond, me neither! In fact, I can't fathom why anyone is interested ... outside of the UK that is.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was glad that my topic idea(late night dining) was mentioned at the end of the show. Please contact me if you would like any clarifications.

Thanks
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

The thing about this royal wedding is that when girls my age (late 20s to early 30s) were 16 Prince William was one of THE biggest heart throbs in the late 90's and early 2000's. We dreamed of being in Kate Middleton's shoes, so now that he's getting married we want to watch all the pomp, circumstance, and fanfare and still wish it was us instead of Kate.

Thanks again for using my transportation idea, I am thrilled, even though it was mocked by Ian.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    To further offend our friends across the pond, me neither! In fact, I can't fathom why anyone is interested ... outside of the UK that is.
    I really wouldn't expect anyone in your demographic to understand what the interest is.

I was obsessed with Charles and Diana. It's almost embarrassing how obsessed I was, cutting out pics from magazines, watching anything I could on them on TV, etc. I was 11 when they married and it was the whole princess, fairy tale thing that was exciting to me. Of course I followed their married life and awwwed at their cute baby boys. After all the tragedy of his parent's marriage and then mother's early death, I love that it seems William is truly marrying for love and is happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Touche', Mel.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I really wouldn't expect anyone in your demographic to understand what the interest is.
    No a very fair point ... As a dad to three girls I of all people should get the princess thing. Shame on me!

Also, I have to issue a clarification on a comment I made during this podcast. When we were doing our segment on the wedding Mel mentioned she still had a chance to be a princess and I made the comment, "I wouldn't want to be the prince!"

In listening back to it I realized it came off like a knock on Mel, but what I was actually saying was that Mel is married to a very large Marine and I wouldn't want to be in the prince's shoes when he came a callin'!

Sorry for the potential for misunderstanding there! Much love to Mel, even though she is a Lightning and a Braves fan.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Ian - that is hilarious! I should go back and listen (but I won't ), as I didn't catch that when we were taping. It's all good!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

LOL Ian - that is hilarious! I should go back and listen (but I won't ), as I didn't catch that when we were taping. It's all good!
    I was working out when I heard it and I almost fell off the treadmill! I was like, "Oh wow that didn't sound nice at all!"
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Great podcast guys! I have to agree with the boys... I can't wait until this royal wedding thing is over. It's taking over our TV programing and I am not interested in the least.

I do hope he has a happy marriage however, he lost his mother as a child, has great privilege but seems to stay out of trouble.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Great podcast guys! I have to agree with the boys... I can't wait until this royal wedding thing is over. It's taking over our TV programing and I am not interested in the least.
    It's like anything in the news, for example, the Super Bowl doesn't hold interest for everyone either and it certainly dominates the media for a few weeks every year.

Post Thanks / Like

It's like anything in the news, for example, the Super Bowl doesn't hold interest for everyone either and it certainly dominates the media for a few weeks every year.
    Ooh. Ready for this? I don't care about that either unless I have a pony in the race.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    Ooh. Ready for this? I don't care about that either unless I have a pony in the race.
    Actually this may shock, but I'm pretty much with Gary on this. I'm not a big fan of "THE SUPER BOWL" ... to me it's just the last football playoff game and if my team is in. If not? Meh .......
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post

I do hope he has a happy marriage however, he lost his mother as a child, has great privilege but seems to stay out of trouble.
    I agree and I do feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have a parent alive to see them get married. But this is like watching political ads-- I have no interest and will be happy when its over.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Actually this may shock, but I'm pretty much with Gary on this. I'm not a big fan of "THE SUPER BOWL" ... to me it's just the last football playoff game and if my team is in. If not? Meh .......
    Wasn't really my point. TV ratings alone show what a popular event the Super Bowl is, but still, not for everyone.

Actually, political elections are another good example, and they take up WAY more "TV programming" than this royal wedding has. It's not that I don't care about our government and who is running it, but the media goes way overboard with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Murray Head was okay, but I want to hear John sing Flock of Seagulls on the next episode.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: