Quantcast First week of June?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First week of June?

Ugh, what a mess planning this trip has turned out to be. My sister has decided to do an extra semester at college, which is great--except that it totally derails our original trip plans, which were for the first week of May. So now, factoring in commencements and finals, we're looking at June 2nd through 9th, 2012.

How bad will this be?

(Ducks and covers.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been around that same time a couple of times and have found it can range from pleasantly uncrowded to busier than expected. We did a long weekend at the beginning of June one year, expecting heavy crowds, but were surprised at how light the crowds were. We went the same time the following year and found the crowds to be much heavier than expected.

I'd go with the expectation that the crowds will be at least moderate. Since the Gay Day celebrations can also drive crowds up, I'd suggest checking out the calendar of activites to know which parks might be seeing more crowds on any particular day.

Expect the weather to be very hot and humid and expect the liklihood of a daily thunder shower.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Faline, it will be busy, but not insanely crazy. Don't panic ... but plan well (and use fastpass) and you'll have wonderful trip.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default First week of June?

We have been defaulted into the first week of June twice for a variety of reasons but actually had very nice trips. The crowds were manageable, the weather was hot but not unbearably so and yes I too suggest you plan for afternoon thunderstorms.

We got out early to the parks in the mornings, spent the afternoons at the pool and then went out again to the parks at night. Really this week is very doable.

Post Thanks / Like

We went very close to this time in 2009. Crowds were not bad, especially in parks other than MK. The heat really got us down some days so I would suggest scheduling in time at the resort to cool down and relax or at the very least, a cool, air conditioned lunch.

You might run into some school trips, which aren't bad unless you are staying at the resort with them and in that case you mind find them to be a bit of an annoyance or inconvenience. At any rate, you will have a wonderful time no matter what! It's Disney!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: