Quantcast Two studios for Mom and teens?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two studios for Mom and teens?

I am trying to plan a trip this summer for my 15 year old daughter and 3 of her friends , with me as the only adult. The trip is planned for June. I have an August use year and no points left for the current year. I only have 165 points to borrow from next year. A one bedroom villa wouldn't work since most only sleep 4 and there is currently no availability at AKV or BLT which I think are the only 2 places that will sleep 5 in a one-bedroom. The least expensive 2-bedroom villa is at Old Key West and there is availability, but the total is 168 points....3 more than I have! I thought today about looking into the possibility of getting 2 studios instead. Indeed, the total number of points needed for 2 studios is much less than a 2-bedroom at all locations. My question is whether Disney will allow one adult and 5 teenagers to be in 2 studios (only one adult, so obviously one of the studios will not have an adult in it). Does anyone know if there has to be an adult in each room? Thanks!!
    Wendy

"Everybody wants to be a cat. Because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at."

Upcoming trips:
    August 2018: Honeymoon trip for DD and her new husband
    September 2018: Food and Wine trip
    March 2019: Disneyland Food and Wine trip?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know whether they would let you have the kids in studios with no adult but I wouldn't think so. Honestly, as a parent, if I was sending DS16 with you I would need to know there was an adult in the room.

As an alternative, you can buy the extra points needed from DVC. I think they are $15/pt and you can buy up to 24 in any use year.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I sent you a PM.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    As an alternative, you can buy the extra points needed from DVC. I think they are $15/pt and you can buy up to 24 in any use year.
    Good idea to buy the extra points...I had completely forgotten about that option! So, if I borrow the 165 points I have in the next use year, I assume I'll be able to buy the extra points at that same time when I'm making the reservation? Does anyone know how that works?
    Wendy

"Everybody wants to be a cat. Because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at."

Upcoming trips:
    August 2018: Honeymoon trip for DD and her new husband
    September 2018: Food and Wine trip
    March 2019: Disneyland Food and Wine trip?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: