Quantcast Moments that make your heart melt... - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

1996 was my 1st trip with my DD and now EXDH..well we were in epcot germany...she went right up to Doopy and said "I love YOU"....she wasn't even 2 and it was the 1st time she said I love you too ANYONE... oh ya there were tears...

the funny part is she had never seen SW movie... it was too cute..

now she is turning 16
    Just keep swimming Just keep swimming

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have so many, but these two really warm my heart. The first was on our last trip my son,9, and I were walking past the Country Bear Jamboree and he insisted on going in. When I asked him why, he said because I saw this with Grammy. He was three when he and my Mom went to see it while we all went on Splash Mountain. My Mom had been gone a little over a year. I could not believe he remembered that!
    The second was on the same trip, we were waiting for the rope to drop at EPCOT. My son had a Donald Duck hat on, his absolute favorite, and when the characters came out, Donald spotted his hat. He came over and Jonathan gave him the biggest hug! I was able to take the greatest picture. He turned to me and said, "Mom, he loves me as much as I love him!"
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Just remembered another one. On our last trip Capt. Hook stole DD6's autograph book because it had Tinker Bell on it. DD10 rescued it for her. DD6 had to tell every character we met after that the whole story, and all the characters were awesome about listening, but two really stood out. When they met the fairies, she told Tinker Bell about it and they scored a fairy group hug - one of my favorite pictures! And on our last day they met Peter and Wendy. When DD6 saw Peter she said in the most serious voice, "I have a story to tell you about Capt. Hook." He looked back at her just as seriously, sat down, patted the ground in front of him and said, "Tell me!" Another favorite picture, those two nose to nose on the ground while she tells this story. And another picture of DD10 telling Wendy, they were both so animated and they were pointing over to the Hook meet and greet.

Post Thanks / Like

These are all excellent, and they remind me why we go back time after time! My memory is actually my husband's.

Big D grew up in a large family, and the father was absent. It was pretty hardscrabble for them, but they had a black and white TV and the Wonderful World of Disney was on every Sunday at 6 - and every Sunday at 6 the whole family was settled in front of it to see what was happening this time. He remembers seeing about building DisneyLand, and by the time he was old enough to be working and helping to support the family they could afford a second hand colour TV and remembers the first time he saw the show in colour - the beauty of the castle - and about Disney World and Epcot construction and all... so our honeymoon, almost 25 years ago, was in California, LA and Disney Land. And the expression on his face when he saw in real life something he'd convinced himself as a youngster he'd never see in reality - it was as amazing as any childs' face, and it's a memory I treasure. He thanked me for that. And every trip to the Land or the World, he thanks me.
    Once as a kid
    Sept 1992 with hubby offsite
    May 2005 Disneyland Paris!
    Sept 2005 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2007 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2009 with hubby - AS Sports!
    Sept 2014 with hubby - POP!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, all of these are wonderful. We leave in 34 days for our next trip to WDW and these stories are getting me ready to make new memories with my kids.

However, I do have one (well many but I will start with one) to share. A few months before we left for our 1st ever WDW trip, my grandmother passed away. She watched my kids everyday of their lives before they started school and they were close. Anyways, they were very young and had a hard time dealing with her death. So, I told them she was in heaven looking after them. I told them that if they missed her they could look in the night sky, find the brightest star, and that was her watching them.

Well, after we made it to WDW, we were sitting waiting for the fireworks when my son looks up in the sky and says, "Look Mom, grandma is with us at WDW." When I looked up, the sky was cloudy and there was 1 star shinning. Only 1 star in the entire sky. I cried and cried. I really felt like she was with us.
    Jodi șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BandMan View Post
    I've mentioned this before in a thread a while back. We have 4 kids - DD18, DS16, DS14, DD9. Both our boys have autism. On our first trip with the family, about 5 years ago, my wife and I were scared to death we were going to get seperated from the boys and lose them in the crowds. Well, after several days, we all started to relax and just enjoy a slower pace. At one point we were in Tomorrowland and we let the boys - then 11 and 9 - just walk ahead on their own for a bit. They were great - just looking around and enjoying the atmosphere. For one, brief moment they were just my boys, not my disabled boys. It's hard to describe the feeling to someone else, but I'm tearing up as I'm typing this. I've often told people that I had a tiny glimpse of heaven that day.
    Thank you SO much for sharing that. I teared up. God bless you and your family.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: