Quantcast Disney Withdrawal symptoms

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Withdrawal symptoms

Not sure if this is where to post --but I am having some serious WDW withdrawal. It has been 6 months since I left and as of this second-- I don't have a return trip planned yet. I'm kinda waiting on the rest of the "fam" to get together on when we all want to go -- I gotta say - I'm tired of waiting on them. I think I'm just going to plan a trip for end of Feb./early March 2012. Is this a good time to go? How are crowds,weather any deals going on that time of year(in WDW history)?
    08/07 Ft. Wilderness Cabins (WAHOO!)
    10/06 All Stars Music (me & dd)
    6/06 POFQ
    6/05 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    1/05 Offsite and Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    8/03 Offsite
    3/02 Offsite
    9/99 Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was there once in March and it was chilly. We wore long pants and a light jacket during the day. No swimming because it was too cool. I know the weather can vary at that time of the year, but that was our experience in March.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

End of February/beginning of March is part of the busy spring break season which kicks off with Presidents' Day week and runs through Easter week. Some weeks are better than others depending on which schools are on break and who has decided to use the break to go to Disney so there's no way of predicting whether or not you'll hit a good week - crowd-wise.

As noted, weather at this time of year can be quite variable. Sometimes, you'll get swimming weather; sometimes you'll need jackets and jeans. No way of telling what it might be.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We used to do mid-March. It was flannel shirt weather most times. And my crazy wife and sister still went swimming.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Well, at least you made it six months! We were just there in February and DD17 and I are losing our minds. We are planning on a September trip. I was hoping for the free dining, but I may just have to go with or without it!

Post Thanks / Like

I start having WDW withdrawal the minute I land back at home!!!

Reality smacks me in the face when I enter the city I live and I wish, wish, wish I can go back.

The good thing that keeps me going is that I already had booked the November 2011 vacation prior to leaving our for our November 2010 trip
    Nov88off/Nov89Poly/May91Poly/Nov92 Poly/Dec93Doubletree/Nov94Poly/Nov95 Contemp/Aug 96 Swan&Dolphin/Sep 99 Portofino Bay /Dec 99 GF/Apr 01 Disneyland Paris 1 day visit/Dec 02 GF/Nov 03 Grand Californian/Dec 04 GF/Dec 05 Dec 06 Poly/Dec 07 GF/Nov 09 Nov 10 Poly/Nov 11 Poly/Nov 12 Poly/Nov 13 GF

Post Thanks / Like

March has been the best trip I've done so far in a lot of ways. Mild weather (or a little chilly, depending on where you're from), really light crowds, and you can catch the beginning of Flower and Garden Festival. Definitely awesome!
    Caribbean Beach August 1992
    Pop Century March 2008
    Beach Club April 2010
    Vero/BLT August 2011
    VWL July 2012

Next trip - Beach Club August 2013

Post Thanks / Like

we went once over easter vacation, and we didn't even get close to the park. If i remembe it was in late march, early april, so make sure you check out when easter is next year.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I've been over presidents day in feb. before and the only complaint i have is that it was rather chilly. crowds are good though. and i believe plane tickets (whereever you are) would be less expensive. GET BACK THERE!
    Poly GVC 11/04
    BC 09/05
    WL/Disney Wonder 5/06
    Poly LVC 09/06
    AKL club/WLvillas Jan/Feb 07
    CR/&Poly LVC 11/07
    Poly/LVC 08/08
    Poly LVC 03/ 09
    HHI 7/09
    Poly LVC Aug 09
    Poly Club 4/10
    Poly 8/10