Quantcast Freakiest thing you've seen in a Disney Park... - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it's the people I sometimes see wearing t-shirts with totally inappropriate writing or pictures on them. I expect to see the lowlife stuff at Six Flags, but it's such a shock when I see them at Disney World.

I know they're supposed to be stopped by CMs but on our last trip I saw an awful lot of them. I can't even post what some of them said, although I"m sure these ... ahem ... highly classy people did not see any problem wearing them.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McLiberal8 View Post
    Tons of people (wearing ill-fitting swimsuits)...
    UGH - I hate this! DH's family lives at the beach, and it never fails to see a woman larger than me (I'm 250) in a bikini! Not a "tank-ini" where the top covers the belly... no a real life "string" bikini - and this happens often

Quote Originally Posted by Dream'nDisney View Post
    For me, it's got to be the big freaky clown face at the Boardwalk pool!!!! LOL
    I saw that ONCE on the boat to DTD and I practically jumped in the floor. I told DH we would never stay there - even if it were free!

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    I have a completely irrational, paralyzing fear of snakes.
    LOL - at least you fear a "real" thing - my irrational, paralyzing fear is BALLOONS! So imagine how I feel walking down a crowded Main Street with balloon vendors everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    For me it's the people I sometimes see wearing t-shirts with totally inappropriate writing or pictures on them.
    Last trip I saw a kid about 12 wearing a shirt that had the big bomb word on it missing the letter "U" and the saying "would you like to buy a vowel?" Mom & Dad were happily walking along - I thought I was entitled to smack all three of them!
    1st WDW trip - 1973 at 5 weeks old!

Disney addict since 1973!

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I loved Alien Encounter when that Alien's tongue came down on my head for the first time it freaked me out pretty badly! LOL
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

For me, it would have to be the Ghost Town that used to be the Legendary Years of the Pop Century. Staring across the lake at those shells of buildings was creepy. It looked like an abandoned city after some sort of natural disaster.
    In need of a Disney World fix really bad.

Dunkie

Post Thanks / Like

I am with Dunkiekong. We are going in May and I hope it now looks like a construction site across from POP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BandMan View Post
    I'm okay with it, but DD18 gets VERY freaked out on HM when the picture sings "Here comes the Bride..." or " 'til DEATH does us part..." .

Okay, that last one makes me shudder too.
    I didn't pick that out until a few trips back, but the music "Grim Grinning Ghosts" actually transitions into a creepy version of "Here Comes the Brides" as the pictures start saying "I do" "I do" "I do" Then there is the bride. Ooo that is creepy.

Post Thanks / Like

Expidition Everest freaked me out. I thought I was going to have a heart attack on that ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    Couldn't agree more! I've only eaten in the POFQ food court once, and while the food was good, the big giant heads staring at me while I ate were a little unnerving!

The only other thing I've seen so far that really freaked me out wasn't in a park, but on the walkway from the BW to DHS...a snake on the sidewalk! I know, not a big deal to some people, but I have a completely irrational, paralyzing fear of snakes. My DBf swears it was just a tiny, harmless snake. My eyeballs saw a giant, menacing anaconda laying in my path!
    I keenly feel your pain, Laprana! I'm ophidiophobic (irrational fear of snakes) too...and I used to have to shut my eyes at that one moment during "Honey I Shrunk the Audience." You KNOW the one I mean...when the pet boa constrictor (now a giant boa constrictor since you in the audience have been shrunk) shows up, bares its teeth and lunges at the audience in 3-D.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

...some of the clothes people choose to wear!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Towle View Post
    When I was at Grad Nite '06, I took this photograph in front of POTC. If you looks very carefully, it looks like what appears to be a see-through man standing in the bottom right of the picture. Standing under the archway, directly to the right of the metal column, wearing an open black jacket. You can barely make out his face/hair. Didn't notice him until I uploaded the picture onto the computer.

http://tinypic.com/r/5516jn/7
    I tried looking for it but I am on my nook and I don't have the best quality on it so I couldn't see it. But I thought it was interesting because the POTC ride at Wdw has a ghost story amongst the cast members of that ride.
    And it is of a man......so your post just gave me chills.
    The freakiest thing I ever saw was coral snake when I was working in Ak. He was backstage and I had to call animal control and wait there watching it so that I could show them where he was once they got there. Ugh. I can't stand snakes!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joannelet View Post
    I tried looking for it but I am on my nook and I don't have the best quality on it so I couldn't see it. But I thought it was interesting because the POTC ride at Wdw has a ghost story amongst the cast members of that ride.
    And it is of a man......so your post just gave me chills.
    Please, please tell the story! I looked at the picture and I think I can see the where the figure is, but I'm not positive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Towle View Post
    When I was at Grad Nite '06, I took this photograph in front of POTC. If you looks very carefully, it looks like what appears to be a see-through man standing in the bottom right of the picture. Standing under the archway, directly to the right of the metal column, wearing an open black jacket. You can barely make out his face/hair.
    OMG! That is so cool and yes I could see exactly what you meant. I would say well it might of been a person that just walked in on the pic while you were taking it but typically you'll see a streak behind them if they're moving. There's no streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    For me it's the people I sometimes see wearing t-shirts with totally inappropriate writing or pictures on them. I expect to see the lowlife stuff at Six Flags, but it's such a shock when I see them at Disney World.
    I agree, those kinds of shirts should not be in the parks whatsoever, b/c after all, it's supposed to be a magical kid-friendly experience. BUT, in Six Flags defense (I used to work at the one in St. Louis from 95-98), we didn't like it either and we also stopped people if we seen it as inappropriate, even back when I worked there that long ago. So Six Flags doesn't expect it either.
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not usually offended easily. but i did see a woman once w/ a bikini top on at the park, and no way was the bikini big enough to cover what she should have been covering.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like a horrible person telling this story, but years ago I saw a man at MK who was very tragically missing a leg riding in a wheelchair, gnawing on a huge turkey leg. To this day I can't look at someone eating one. Freaks me out.

Post Thanks / Like

The fast-food bird assassins in MK - the best (or worst!) one i saw was when a bird swooped down and swiped an ice cream cone out of a guys hand - funny AND scary!!
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
    BUT, in Six Flags defense (I used to work at the one in St. Louis from 95-98), we didn't like it either and we also stopped people if we seen it as inappropriate, even back when I worked there that long ago. So Six Flags doesn't expect it either.
    Didn't mean to pick on Six Flags in general. I remember going to the St. Louis park as a kid and it was so much nicer than "mine," the one outside Chicago. Judging by your post, I assume it still is.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RavsRuleDisney! View Post
    The fast-food bird assassins in MK - the best (or worst!) one i saw was when a bird swooped down and swiped an ice cream cone out of a guys hand - funny AND scary!!
    Have to agree with this one! I'm not a huge fan of birds in general, but I hate the vultures that seem pretty much fearless!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Too funny

I feel like a horrible person telling this story, but years ago I saw a man at MK who was very tragically missing a leg riding in a wheelchair, gnawing on a huge turkey leg. To this day I can't look at someone eating one. Freaks me out.
    I just busted out laughing when I read this. DW and DD18 gave me this look, so I read it to them and they busted out laughing, too.
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Just so you know, I'll never be able to see a big "honkin" turkey leg again without thinking of your story........ and laughing ALOT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lettripp View Post
    As much as I love ToT, if you are "lucky" enough to get the drop sequence that takes you all the way to the bottom, there is a frightening image of the little girl that flashes... I had never seen it until the last trip... and it freaks me out just thinking about it!!
    I don't know if I saw the little girl, but I saw what looked like a bellhop holding a noose! That really freaked me out!
    If we can dream it, then we can do it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: