Quantcast Freakiest thing you've seen in a Disney Park...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Freakiest thing you've seen in a Disney Park...

I know in two other threads, we were talking about the most frightening thing you've seen at Disney (kids climbing on stuff, etc) and the funniest things you've heard, but what about the freakiest you've seen. Like, a large prop or something that scared you.

As much as I love the Pop Century, the HUGE people and effects (Mickey Phone, the fake soccer boards) just really unnerve me. Also, I can't handle the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" playground in DHS. It really messes with me--I can't even walk through the area without freaking out!

What about you?
    TTFN,
    Rose

1998 (10 YO & 1st time!)
    2002 (14 YO & 2nd time)
    June 12 2006 (18 & by myself!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm okay with it, but DD18 gets VERY freaked out on HM when the picture sings "Here comes the Bride..." or " 'til DEATH does us part..." .

Okay, that last one makes me shudder too.
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely get 'unnerved' at the water parks.
    Tons of people (wearing ill-fitting swimsuits), hot sidewalks, kids running around large pools of water, long lines.. not my cup of tea! Frightening to me, for sure!
    I also have an irrational fear of dinosaurs, so the Dinosuar attraction and/or the T-Rex resturant at DTD freak me out, as well.
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

For me, it's got to be the big freaky clown face at the Boardwalk pool!!!! LOL
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hands down it was the man letting his roughly three year old son go ... uh ... "number one" in a bush directly out front of the rest rooms between Main Street and Tomorrowland.

Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Two freaky things that stand out to me are the Mardi Gras masks in the French Quarter food court and the clowns in Spectromagic. *shudders*

Post Thanks / Like

I went on that Stitch ride at the MK one time and one time ONLY. Hated it!

My mom would say the caves at Tom Sawyer Island, hands down. She was on the verge of a panic attack, which makes me wonder how many really have had a breakdown in one of them, and how many kids have freaked out. I hit my head pretty good a couple of times as well. Surely they have had concussions in there, which would freak me out even more!
    Another thing...how do larger people fit in there? I am small and I could barely squeeze through, but I saw a fairly large woman breeze out of there like it was nothing! Maybe if you know your way around, it's easier to maneuver?
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw two women dressed in sleazy princess-style costumes with platform sandals at Epcot. One was Jasmine and the other was Belle. I don't know how they got in dressed that way. I thought it was against park rules to be an adult guest dressed as characters, unless it was for the Halloween party. Plus, these women looked to be for hire, to be honest. It was downright bizarre and definitely freaky.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

The Spectromagic clowns for sure!

Also, I am REALLY freaked out when I ride Dinosaur. I know it's fake and all, but it scares the bejeezus out of me.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love ToT, if you are "lucky" enough to get the drop sequence that takes you all the way to the bottom, there is a frightening image of the little girl that flashes... I had never seen it until the last trip... and it freaks me out just thinking about it!!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with those Spectromagic clowns!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with the clown at the boardwalk pool. Don't think I could ever swim there.
    July 2012 Western Caribbean Cruise on Fantasy!
    2011 Offsite
    2009 Offsite
    2007 POFQ
    2000 Poly
    1996 Offsite
    1992 CBR
    Many childhood trips Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

The dolls in it's a Small World....
    [*]2013 POR[*]2012 Swan / AKL[*]2011 POFQ[*]2009 AS MUSIC FAMILY SUITE[*]2008 POFQ[*]2007 POLY/ POFQ[*]2006 AS MUSIC[*]2005 AS MOVIES[*]2004 POP CENTURY[*]2003 AS MOVIES[*]2000 POFQ / 3 DAYS ON WONDER[*]1998 AS MUSIC[*]2 off site trips in High School[/LIST]

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Another vote for the freaky "Chuckie" dolls in the Spectromagic parade. There is something seriously wrong with those things.....
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the Stitch Ride. I also rode it once, that harness pressing down on you, the disgusting chili-dog or whatever it is burp in your face. Ugh! My son actually was pretty freaked out by the harness pressing down. We've never been back on it since. I actually did go on when it was Alien Encounter (was that what it was called?) and it didn't bother me that way.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    Another vote for the Stitch Ride. I also rode it once, that harness pressing down on you, the disgusting chili-dog or whatever it is burp in your face. Ugh! My son actually was pretty freaked out by the harness pressing down. We've never been back on it since. I actually did go on when it was Alien Encounter (was that what it was called?) and it didn't bother me that way.
    One of my funniest moments @ WDW was walking onto Stitch's Great Escape with a group of foreigners behind me, who spoke little to no english. I don't think they had any idea what the ride was, and they all started FREAKING OUT when it started.
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Two freaky things that stand out to me are the Mardi Gras masks in the French Quarter food court and the clowns in Spectromagic. *shudders*
    Couldn't agree more! I've only eaten in the POFQ food court once, and while the food was good, the big giant heads staring at me while I ate were a little unnerving!

The only other thing I've seen so far that really freaked me out wasn't in a park, but on the walkway from the BW to DHS...a snake on the sidewalk! I know, not a big deal to some people, but I have a completely irrational, paralyzing fear of snakes. My DBf swears it was just a tiny, harmless snake. My eyeballs saw a giant, menacing anaconda laying in my path!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    This!!! When we stayed @ POFQ, I couldn't eat in the food court I was so freaked out by those masks. And I have only seen Spectro once. I didn't know there were clowns, and the second I saw them, the rest of the parade was lost on me! So creepy!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    Couldn't agree more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    This!!! When we stayed @ POFQ, I couldn't eat in the food court I was so freaked out by those masks. And I have only seen Spectro once. I didn't know there were clowns, and the second I saw them, the rest of the parade was lost on me! So creepy!
    Let's start a club!

Post Thanks / Like

The Dolls of course

But the freakiest thing I ever saw was this one family dressed in long pants and long sleeve shirts that were all black. It had to be 110 out and I seemed to see them everywhere that day and they didn't even seem to be sweating or uncomfortable at all! I think they were aliens who lived on the surface of the sun! I was in shorts and t-shirt still feeling like I was about to pass out!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: