Quantcast Renting a Car while on Disney Property

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renting a Car while on Disney Property

Hello my Intercot Friends who I KNOW WILL HAVE THE RIGHT ANSWER...

We want to rent a car for 2 days of our August trip, which company is on property, so I can make the reservation.

Thanks!!

Do I understand correctly, that we can get a ride over to the rental car company, by asking at the resort...Please let me know that too!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Got this on Info Central:

Rental Cars:
    If you are planning to spend more than one day away from Disney property, renting a car may be your best option. Rental rates, depending upon season, type and size of car, and availability run from $20 to $60 per day. If you only need a car for one or two days, your best bet would be National, which is the official car rental agency of Disney. National is located on Disney property and will transport you between their location (Disney's Car Care Center) and your hotel. A rental car gives you the ability to control when and where you go on any of your excursions outside of Disney. If you want to visit an outlet store or a local restaurant before you return the car, you have that freedom, as opposed to the regimented schedules of other services. If you are traveling with small children, child safety seats are available for an additional charge.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

we rented a car 2 years ago when we stayed onsite. we only wanted it for 3 days of our vacation, not the whole week, so we waited and got it from the car care center. we used alamo at the time, the morning I went to pick it up I called (alamo) for a shuttle, 20 minutes later I was on the shuttle (from ASMu), 15 minutes later I was in my car heading back to ASMu. when I dropped it off, I waited 5 minutes for the shuttle back to the hotel. May have just been lucky with the shuttle schedule, but it was the EASIEST thing ever, and I never have any luck with these kinds of things ( my reservation is usually the one that gets lost)

I would use it each and every time if I didn't rent a car from MCO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vicster View Post
    Got this on Info Central:

Rental Cars:
    If you are planning to spend more than one day away from Disney property, renting a car may be your best option. Rental rates, depending upon season, type and size of car, and availability run from $20 to $60 per day. If you only need a car for one or two days, your best bet would be National, which is the official car rental agency of Disney. National is located on Disney property and will transport you between their location (Disney's Car Care Center) and your hotel. A rental car gives you the ability to control when and where you go on any of your excursions outside of Disney. If you want to visit an outlet store or a local restaurant before you return the car, you have that freedom, as opposed to the regimented schedules of other services. If you are traveling with small children, child safety seats are available for an additional charge.
    I just got off the Alamo site . . . they are now the "Official" rental company. Their rate, renting from the CCC for two days, was $2 less that the rate quoted me from National. Plus they offer 10% discount for prepayment. There is also a discount if you are enrolled in their "Insiders" program.

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS!!!

I will be making my reservation through Alamo!!

We need it for two days to go to Universal.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Alamo also has a counter at the dolphin. I'll be picking a car up there in a few weeks!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: