Quantcast Using Gift Cards for dining

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Using Gift Cards for dining

Hello everyone,

Heading to WDW in June and have free dining during our stay. However, we still need to pay for tips for our table service meals. I was at the grocery store today and they have gift cards for Disney and I was thinking of buying some to pay for our tips at the sit-downs.

Do all table service restaurants take the Disney gift cards? I just want to make sure before I buy a couple hundred dollars worth.

Are they also taken at snack carts etc...throughout the parks? Thanks in advance for your help!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The last two times we went, we were on the DP. Here is what I do. I go to the grocery store to buy my Disney gift cards that earn fuel perks at their gas station. I use my Disney Visa to earn points. While at Disney, I charge everything to the room, then the night before I leave, I go to the front desk to pay my bill before it is put on my charge card. This way, I earn a few perks, but I still only have to carry one card with me each day.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

I actually used my Disney Gift card as my Credit Card on my room key. So if you have a $500 GC you can use your room key to charge up to $500. I never us my credit card on my room key...just the cash or gift card I attach to my room key. But yes, if you want to carry around the gift card...I believe it is accepted at most places where credit cards or room keys are accepted.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

i always use gift cards for my tips. My family knows i go to disney so often, it's an easy gift, just get me a disney gift card, and i just use them for my tips, etc....
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Yep...I used 3 gift cards for a variety of things in the parks and at resorts with no problems. They even work for margaritas near Mexico in Epcot
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the non-Disney owned restaurants do not accept them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice everyone. I forgot about charging to the room. I may have to keep that a secret from the teens

I will definitely get some gift cards, then. They are offering double fuel perks at our local grocery store.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup! I used two birthday giftcards on my trip last week for my food/snack purchases. The table service as well as snack carts and counter service restaurants all accepted it and I felt as though I actually were ON the DDP!
    It was very handy and fast and each receipt gave you the balance left on your card. Then on the last day I used what was left for souveniers. Its a great way to go without having to carry extra cash on you.
    "M-I-C....K-E-Y....M-O-U-S-E!"<br /><br />"I'm gonna need a stretch....uh...make that a SUPER STRETCH!" (Rock N' Rollercoaster with my favorite band, AEROSMITH!)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: