Quantcast A stay within a stay?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A stay within a stay?

Just curious if anyone has ever done this?

We have a trip planned for late June....just me and my husband. It will be our first trip without our kids and we want to make it a sort-of second honeymoon (or first, since we didn't really have a honeymoon). We're staying at POR, our favorite resort (well, favorite in our price range ), but I had an idea today and wondered if it's possible. Taking one night during our 5 night trip and staying at GF. I know we could do a split stay, but I'd rather not do that. For us, I think it would be easier to spend a night during the middle of the trip at GF, then go back to POR for the remainder. Has anyone ever done this? Is it even an option? We have a package booked under DH's name at POR....could we do a single night under my name at GF during the same time frame? I know it's a crazy idea....just thinking...
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

SURE !!!! book the room under your name and keep it a secret !!! plan a dinner or late lunch in the hotel and excuse yourself to use the bathroom and check in. then go have a drink at the bar and enjoy the music (a romantic time) and then bring your husband to your room. you can have the bell service at the cbr bring an overnight bag that you have packed to the hotel. or you could bring it yourself. i am so jealous !!!! enjoy

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

I'm definitely going to look into it! We figured we'd get to all the resorts when the kids are grown, but I think it would be soooo much fun to take advantage of this time alone and do one night in club level room with a view of MK
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

My parents did this in 2004. We were @ CBR with my whole family (13 of us), and they wanted some quiet time. Mom booked CBR and dad booked one night @ Boardwalk.. While the resort wasn't their favorite, they liked getting away, and loved exploring a new resort!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

friends of mine stayed club level at GF and they said it was the most wonderful thing they ever did. it was also there wedding so they were given ROYAL TREATMENT. they loved being able to watch the fireworks from the club level sitting area as well as their room and i believe the beach area. if i am correct they pipe the music in from the kingdom as well. def take advantage of the time you have alone. we have a 2 year old and i always welcome alone time with my husband. it is so far and few in between, it is easy to lose the romace when children are involved although i wouldn't change having my little guy for anything.

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: