Quantcast What kind of cell phone do you have? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I have an iPhone 3GS. I love it, and will get the 4 when I can upgrade in a few months. I am totally addicted!!
    If you're set on upgrading your iPhone I would wait until the next version is released (probably in the fall). You'll likely pay the same price as you would for the 4 in a couple of months but get a newer generation device as opposed to a year-old one.
    April 2000 -- ASMu
    November 2004 -- ASMo (First time with kids)
    September 2005 -- Pop
    September 2007 -- Pop
    January 2009 -- POR
    April 2012 -- POR (Cramming 6 people in one room)
    July 2014 -- Pop (12 days in Disney)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprect View Post
    If you're set on upgrading your iPhone I would wait until the next version is released (probably in the fall). You'll likely pay the same price as you would for the 4 in a couple of months but get a newer generation device as opposed to a year-old one.
    Theoretically you could say that all the time about smart phones nowadays. It's getting to the point where three or four months down the road the phone is outdated. Especially with Android phones where there are so many of them.

The new iPhone should have 4G with it. I can't see it not having it...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I have a mytouch 4g. Love this phone.
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprect View Post
    I'm strange...I love my tech toys, but I almost never have the newest version. I like to hear about glitches and fixes first. But apple will most likely draw me in no matter what!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    Theoretically you could say that all the time about smart phones nowadays. It's getting to the point where three or four months down the road the phone is outdated. Especially with Android phones where there are so many of them.
    True with Android but with Apple tending to release new phones only once a year at the most it is worth the time to wait for the next gen especially if the price point doesn't change (and it hasn't in past years).

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    The new iPhone should have 4G with it. I can't see it not having it...
    This is an interesting topic. There are no indications yet that Apple has purchased any 4G components. I could maybe see Apple on AT&T's pseudo-4G network this year but wouldn't be surprised if they wait until 2012 to do an LTE iPhone. The reason they might wait is that LTE is a technology that will be supported by both AT&T and Verizon so they won't have to support two different types of 4G networks. AT&T's network isn't rolling out until this summer and the current LTE antenna's don't live up to Apple's performance standards.
    April 2000 -- ASMu
    November 2004 -- ASMo (First time with kids)
    September 2005 -- Pop
    September 2007 -- Pop
    January 2009 -- POR
    April 2012 -- POR (Cramming 6 people in one room)
    July 2014 -- Pop (12 days in Disney)

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Droid X - pretty much in love with it
    Jason aka EpcotFan182
    DVC Member
    "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It"

Coronado Springs: '99
    Boardwalk Villas: '02, '04, '06, '15
    Grand Floridian: '03
    Villas @ Wilderness Lodge: '05, '07
    Bay Lake Tower: '10, '13
    Polynesian: '11
    Villas @ Grand Floridian: '14, '16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    Oh, I'm so not hip....no data plan, just texting and phone. I'm due to upgrade in May...
    Long time T-Mobile person.

I do want an I-phone!!!!

My husband is fully connected, but that's a good thing. HE is less bored when waiting anywhere, and he can always get his sport scores!!!

Julie
    If you're with Tmobile but want an iphone then I recommend the Samsung Galaxy 4G. It just came out about 6 weeks ago and I've had it since and I love it! It's very quick. Before this one I had the G1 and before that I had a blackberry. I thought I would never be able to give up my blackberry but I guess I'm a droid person now!

The only thing I dont like about it is it doesnt have a camera flash and swype takes some getting used to instead of reguler typing. And I can't figure out how to delete the pre-loaded Inception movie to free up some space. But overall I love it!
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

DH & I just switched to the HTC Thunderbolt. Love,love it!
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Currently I have a Motorola Global 2 Droid. I change phones about every 20 months.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Post Thanks / Like

HTC Evo, rooted running Gingerbread of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Have been loyal iphone user for 6 years now. Currently have iphone 4 and love it. Cannot imagine life without it!
    October 2000 & 2003 CBR
    March 2004 Offsite
    May 2004 AK Lodge
    July & Sept 2004 Pop Century
    Nov 2004 Offsite
    Dec 2004 Coronado Springs
    March 2005 Contemporary
    July 2010 Contemporary
    May 2011 AK Lodge
    Nov 2011 POR-Riverside
    Feb 2012 Polynesian
    April & May 2012 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

HTC Hero, but I'm upgrading as soon as I get full credit. It's unbelievable how quick cell phones are changing.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Samsung Fascinate... love, love, LOVE my phone!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Blackberry Torch.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

I've become an Apple junkie in the last couple of years.

I had an iPod touch so I turned it over to the kiddos when I got my iPhone 4. Since I'm only eligible for upgrades every 2 years, I'm thinking I'll get the even numbered versions of iPhones. However, I enjoy the solid feel of this iPhone.

I heard the iPhone 5 will be slimmer (similar to the slimming of the iPad 2). Right now that doesn't interest me . I don't mind the slimmer iPad 2 version, maybe because it's larger.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

As I posted in this thread earlier, I have the Incredible and am most happy with it. DD has the Fascinate and she equally loves it. DS and DW both have the Droid and are mostly happy with it, as they both prefer sliding keyboards to virtual keyboards.

The problem is that yesterday I discovered I am eligible for an upgrade (thought it was not until later this year or early next year).

Now I am wondering if I should switch over to Verizon's iPhone, stay with my Incredible, or get the new Incredible 2 or Thunderbolt. On one hand I like the Android OS, but switching would allow me to no longer need my iTouch that was handed down to me from DW when she got her Droid. True, I could put music on my Incredible too, but since I have the iTouch, I figured might as well use it.

I'm really on the fence on this one. That means I probably will not do anything rash, waiting and gathering more info before making any kind of move.
    DD is headed back this summer for a 2nd tour as a CP Intern!
    Time to renew our annual passes.

Last trip was Mar 2015
    Next trip is Aug 2015
    Began with day trips in 70's
    Too many trips to count

Post Thanks / Like

I have been watching some video of the new Kyocera Echo that uses Sprint and it looks like a very interesting phone. It has been getting some good reviews, it has dual touch screens so you can unfold it from one 3.5" screen to 2 screens which doubles the screen size.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I have a samsung lg. Sorry my brain doesn't do high tech.. We signed over to a verizon plan from alltell because they made it sound so great.. My dd verizon phone broke yesterday and so we tried to hook up her old alltel phone. I was told by verizon that they can't because it is an alltel phone.. I don't understand because the only reason I am with verizon is because they bought out alltell... I thought they are the same company..Just another way for them to sell another phone.. My friend had a lo tech verizon phone(brand new) so I bought it for 50 dollars... If my dd wants high tech she will have to pay the 200 dollars or wait for an up grade in 12 months..As soon as they are out of college I am done with cell phones...That will be 200 dollars a month I can put towards a WDW trip..
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblingman View Post
    ...On one hand I like the Android OS, but switching would allow me to no longer need my iTouch that was handed down to me from DW when she got her Droid. True, I could put music on my Incredible too, but since I have the iTouch, I figured might as well use it.
    That was the primary reason I chose to get the Thunderbolt over the iPhone. Both of the kids already have iTouchs and DH feels that if he wants to listen to something, he can borrow mine or the kids. It was no need for me to essentially have both. I LOVE the Thunderbolt, but it is taking some time getting used to the larger phone when I'm talking. The only thing I don't like about it is the speaker phone and it's not really that bad, just akward. I feel I have to turn the phone over and around sorta to use it. TONS of great apps for it as well.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: