Quantcast 10 Funniest Things Heard at Disney - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

This might be a "you had to be there" kind of thing, but oh well. I think this happened during the film at the Magic of Disney Animation attraction in HS...there was a little girl sitting in front of me who had to be only 3 years old or so. As they're showing clips from a bunch of Disney movies, the girl is shouting out the characters: "There's Ariel! Ooh, that's Belle! Peter Pan!" Then they show a clip from Fantasia with all of the centaurs. The little girl got silent and just said, "Oh my."

Something about the way she said it made me lose it and just start cracking up! Then my mom started laughing because I was laughing, and the woman next to me started laughing at us laughing! My mom and I still talk about this incident.
    If we can dream it, then we can do it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

"Not now kids......Mommy needs some aspirin and a nap".... as said by a mom holding hands with her 2 small kids who just got off the boat at WL heading back to her room at the resort around 3pm. LOL
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovinmesomedisney View Post
    At security bag check at Epcot....A man asked what they were looking for in his bag. Security told him, "We heard there is a mouse loose, we're looking for him!"
    Along that same line, my wife asked the security guards checking bags at the Studios, "What are you checking for?" The deadpan response. "Mouse Traps." We still laugh about that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep them coming...those just made me laugh! I wish I had one to share...
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I was once at The Living Seas attraction watching all the fish in the big aquarium. There were two little boys were sitting in front of me, noses pressed to the glass, basically. One was speaking rather excitedly to the other but I had no idea what they were saying because it was all in Spanish....UNTIL...i heard...dun dun dun dun dun....quite distinctly the Jaws theme.
    Sometimes, when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things,you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the security guards that check the bags at the parks. They have always been more than friendly, and quick witted, everytime I go!
    One of the many things to love..
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BWayGrl View Post
    This might be a "you had to be there" kind of thing, but oh well. I think this happened during the film at the Magic of Disney Animation attraction in HS...there was a little girl sitting in front of me who had to be only 3 years old or so. As they're showing clips from a bunch of Disney movies, the girl is shouting out the characters: "There's Ariel! Ooh, that's Belle! Peter Pan!" Then they show a clip from Fantasia with all of the centaurs. The little girl got silent and just said, "Oh my."
    I don't think that was just a "you had to be there" moment because I definitely just lost it imagining the reaction of that little girl.

Thanks for sharing!
    TTFN,
    Rose

1998 (10 YO & 1st time!)
    2002 (14 YO & 2nd time)
    June 12 2006 (18 & by myself!)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Our family still laughs about the time we were waiting for a bus to go to mickeys not so scary halloween party and a woman who was absolutely STARING at my dads t-shirt ot caught glaring at it and in an effort to excuse her staring decided to blurt out awkwardly " that's a really original ...vintage... Ummm unique shirt you have there" and ran onto the bus. Dad was wearing our home made skull-halloween Mickey Tshirt. It truly was awful looking because one ear didn't press on right so she was probably looking at it in horror.

Also funny was when a woman tried to cut everyone and board the bus from the backdoors instead of wait to board at the front of the bus like everyone else. She got her butt stuck and the doors closed on her. She came off the bus saying "stupid bus shouldn't have doors back there if you can't even get in"!!! All in line were dying laughing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovinmesomedisney View Post
    At security bag check at Epcot....A man asked what they were looking for in his bag. Security told him, "We heard there is a mouse loose, we're looking for him!"
    I heard something very similar a few years ago. "we are checking for mice Sir. Two of them got in back in 71 and the prices for everything went up. Just trying to keep the prices down by keeping other mice out."
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I boarded the car to go through Snow White's Scary Adventures. In the car in front of us was a young boy of about 5 or 6 years of age. Mother dear had obviously cajoled and smooth talked the young man into riding. She had her way, the boy went on the ride. However, he had his hands over his eyes the entire time and kept saying, "I'm having fun, Mom, I'm not scared. I'm having fun!" We couldn't help laughing through the whole ride!
    Jen C=:)

Post Thanks / Like

two of them, one i have told on here before, but it's still funny. the other one i haven't.

1. while in the ride for the Pirates ride a couple college age boys are in front of us talking to their dates...i hear them explain how it was soo cool that Walt designed so many rides after his movies. then one of the girls said that POC was her favorite ride, and she wondered how old it was. and one of the guys, in all seriousness said "well it can't be that old, the movie just came out about 7 years ago". it was hard to not start laughing out loud then.

2. many years ago there was a show, don't remember if it was live action, or a movie. but at the end Mickey said "That's all folks, see you soon"....and the theatre was kind of quiet and my little sister yelled out "BYE MICKEY"...it was so cute.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

My sisters and I still use this line. I was standing in front of the Emporium on Main St to get out of the afternoon thunderstorm. This lady kept ramming my shins with her stroller. When I said "do you mind"? She said "what, do you think I have eyes in the front of my head"? I replied that this is where most people keep them! And mind you, at the time she was FACING me!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

These are great! And just what I needed to perk up a not so great day at work.

I have a couple:
    1. This might have been a had to be ther moment, but a couple of years ago I was boarding the tram waiting to head to the TTC from the parking lot when the driver called for no more boarding. People were rushing through the lot and running past the waiting spot to try to jump onto the tram becuase they just couldn't wait for the next one. The driver repeated himself a few times about no more boarding and then finally finished with "Yes, this is not a recording folks, this is a real live person watching you continue to board after I have already called for no more boarding." The people who had been about to run through the waiting spot and jump into the empty spot next to me stopped dead in their tracks and looked around very confused.

2. We were on the Jungle Cruise and there was a family with a couple of small children sitting in front of us while we were waiting to take off on our trip. There was a duck siting right next to us on the little dock to left side of the boat. The parents of the two small kids were trying desperately to point out the ducks to the kids who were way more interested in looking around at everything else. The skipper finally leaned forward and said "we spent millions of dollars on a complete entertainment complex and you show him the DUCK?" the way he delivered it was just priceless. Every time we saw ducks the rest of the trip, both of us burst out laughing...particularly in AK when we were actually SUPPOSED to be looking at some of those ducks.

3. Said by a father practicaly dragging his daughter through the park while she wanted to stop and look at things..."We came here to have fun and you're going to enjoy yourself even if it kills you, we're not wasting any time standing in those lines." (it seemed like he was referring to one of the character lines) Later in the week we ran into the same family. The daughter was now tugging a very exhausted looking father's hand as they headed towards the carosel..."Why don't we sit here for a few minutes and then we'll keep going" "But daddy, you said we're supposed to be having FUN!"

and my personal favorite:
    4. Riding back on the bus at the end of the night, a tired, cranky little one was crying and fussing with her parents. The little girl sitting next to me was watching her with a very earnest expression on her face. She finally turned to her father and said "Daddy...doesn't she know there's no crying in Disney World? It's the happiest place on Earth!"

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

I am laughing so hard tears are running down my face and I have to leave my house so now I have to re-do my makeup!

I am definitely saving these for a blue day!!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

This could either be sad or funny, depending upon how you look at it.

I was wearing my Dunder Mifflin shirt that my wife had purchased for me from the NBC shop. A woman, who was completely serious, said to me, "Are you from Scranton, PA?"

I was not sure how to answer. Again, the woman was completely serious at the time and showed no hint of humor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McLiberal8 View Post
    I love the security guards that check the bags at the parks. They have always been more than friendly, and quick witted, everytime I go!
    One of the many things to love..
    We usually get the wise-guys too - they crack me up. When DS was small, I packed small ziplocks of powdered formula to mix in the park - at security, the guard held one up (there were a few) and said "ma'am - something you need to tell me?" with this big grin - it was too funny.

Another time one started pulling out our packed sandwiches and I said "what are you doing?" since they never take stuff out - he replied without missing a beat "forgot my lunch today and these look good!"

Most recently, however, I had to seriously convince the guard that my can of Cheerwine (shout-out to NC Intercotees!) was in fact a soda and NOT an alcoholic beverage! I really thought he was going to take it from me!

Funny thing my DS said either our last trip or trip before (so he was 6 or 7) - someone on Main Street shouted "WOW - it's Cinderella's Castle!" to which DS had to reply "No... it is Cinderella Castle - the name is not possessive tense!" ROFLMBO - okay, maybe my grammar lessons and Disney addiction have created a monster!
    1st WDW trip - 1973 at 5 weeks old!

Disney addict since 1973!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's one for you old timers:

Summer of 73 my sister was 4 at the time. We were on Flight To the Moon. Right after lift off - she stands up and yells that her chair is broken.
    The crowd erupted with laughter.

You had to go on that attraction to remember what she was talking about.

Thanks
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McLiberal8 View Post
    I always hear people say things like 'Okay, were doing Disneyland today, then Epcot tomorrow, right? And then the zoo place on the last day?'

It takes all I have not to nerd out and correct them..
    haha my gymnastics coach came home from his trip and announced he wasn't impressed by the place with the animals in disney...what's it called sea world? "NO SEAWORLD ISN'T DISNEY"
    Poly GVC 11/04
    BC 09/05
    WL/Disney Wonder 5/06
    Poly LVC 09/06
    AKL club/WLvillas Jan/Feb 07
    CR/&Poly LVC 11/07
    Poly/LVC 08/08
    Poly LVC 03/ 09
    HHI 7/09
    Poly LVC Aug 09
    Poly Club 4/10
    Poly 8/10
    DL Hotel 8/10
    Poly 9/10
    CR/Poly Easter '11
    Vero/Poly 7/11
    DL 8/11
    10/11 MNSSHP
    FUTURE CP

Post Thanks / Like

Old timers Scott C?? Hey now....I'm only 33 years young and I remember goin on that ride several times throughout my life of vacations down there. But old timer, definitely not.
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
    Old timers Scott C?? Hey now....I'm only 33 years young and I remember goin on that ride several times throughout my life of vacations down there. But old timer, definitely not.
    No offense taken I hope -- it just seems sometimes that there is a age division between myself (47) and many here. BTW had a friend who used to teach school in Arnold just up the road from you.

Thanks
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys