Quantcast Restaurant Merrakesh

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Restaurant Merrakesh

Might be stopping in to Epcot in a few weeks and looking to eat at Merrakesh...any thoughts out there? This would be completely new for us. When looking at the menu we noticed the 'feasts'...if one is on the dining plan, can you select one of those? Also, does the whole party have to have that or can an individual order it? Thanks for your imput.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My son and I ate there about 1-1/2 years ago on the dining plan and were told that the feasts and sampler platters are not included; you can order them if you want, but you end up paying an extra charge. As far as your second question, I do not believe it is necessary for the entire table to order the feast.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

The atmosphere and belly dancer is nice, but we really did not like the food. I would never eat there again.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Post Thanks / Like

I'll start this by saying that I really do like Middle-Eastern food and have it on a regular basis. I was not impressed in the least by Marrakesh. I found the food to be overly greasy; I wasn't too impressed with the waitstaff either. I'll be back to Tangierine Cafe but I doubt we'll be back to Marrakesh.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Much of what you guys are saying mirrors what I read on another site. I just value your opinions. Our youngest DD is a picky eater so it looks like we will save a trip to Morocco for another trip. Thanks Intercotees.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

If you just wanted to try a taste of Moroccan food use a counter service credit at Tangierine Cafe the platters are huge and and you all could share one. I agree with Ellen the counter service is much better than the restaurant.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    I'll start this by saying that I really do like Middle-Eastern food and have it on a regular basis. I was not impressed in the least by Marrakesh. I found the food to be overly greasy; I wasn't too impressed with the waitstaff either. I'll be back to Tangierine Cafe but I doubt we'll be back to Marrakesh.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We've enjoyed Restaurant Marrakesh several times at both lunch and dinner. Our children eat well there, and I can get a lovely lamb shank and couscous. Because we are a family of four, we are usually placed up next to the dancefloor, and get to enjoy the musicians and the bellydancer up close (which my DS12 REALLY enjoys ).

I have no comments on the feasts, as I have nut allergies, and order pretty specific items off the menu.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Some people may really enjoy this place, but I will caution you that just walking into the restaurant you will smell the different spices that they use. It can easily turn away the average person from trying it, so be forewarned.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

We love this restaurant. Big portions and the couscous is fantastic. The lemon chicken is really good.

Have eaten here many times.
    Former VMK nic : majolica
    Native Floridian.

Post Thanks / Like

We loved Marrakesh. The food isn't so exotic that picky eaters cannot find something to eat..there are basic kabobs and dishes that are mild and would appeal to most anyone. It sounds way more exotic then it is. The belly dancer was a surprise. I expected a "Disney" belly dancer, but thats not what happened!! Without going into too many details, lets just say my 10 year olds eyes popped out of his head, and my husband enjoyed it the same. Ahem. That was a surprise!!!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    We loved Marrakesh. The food isn't so exotic that picky eaters cannot find something to eat..there are basic kabobs and dishes that are mild and would appeal to most anyone. It sounds way more exotic then it is. The belly dancer was a surprise. I expected a "Disney" belly dancer, but thats not what happened!! Without going into too many details, lets just say my 10 year olds eyes popped out of his head, and my husband enjoyed it the same. Ahem. That was a surprise!!!
    Yes, this old married male noticed that too. The last two belly dancers I've seen bordered on stunning. So you males out there who don't want to tag along with your wives, you may want to reconsider.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Well....although we didn't enjoy the food my teenage son quite enjoyed the entertainment as well

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have any recent experiences with Marrakesh to share? Also, is the belly dancer just at dinner, or also at lunch? TIA!

Post Thanks / Like

We had a belly dancer at lunch in 2008

Post Thanks / Like

We went about 3 weeks ago and we really enjoyed it. The food was very good. We've never had middle eastern food before though, which was one of the reasons we wanted to go there. We both had the feasts. (we have TIW, we didn't use the DDP) I had the goat cheese appetizer which was absolutely delicious! All of our food was good and the only complaint was that my husband had sausage that was very very spicy and he was not expecting it to be that spicy. The belly dancer and the music was cool. The music played for about 15 minutes at the beginning of the hour and the belly dancer came out and danced for 2 songs then they all took a break until the next hour.
    8/97, 6/00--Fort Wilderness Campground
    7/02--Disneyland
    6/04, 6/07--WDW Offsite
    12/05, 9/08(Honeymoon)--Pop Century
    2/09, 7/10--Saratoga Springs
    9/09, 9/10--Animal Kingdom Lodge
    9/09, 7/10--Old Key West
    10/10, 12/10--Hilton Head Island Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Go for it ..You will not regret it . Marrakesh is one of those places thats tends to be a tad underated in my view .The food cant be faulted ( make sure you have an empty stomach as the portions are large ) The service and atmosphere is second to none .The entertainment is unique ...

Weve eaten there a few times and always enjoyed the experience
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

While we have not eaten at Marrakesh since January of 2010, I will say that over the years, the food has been uneven. I generally get the lemon chicken because it was awesome the first time we ate at Marrakesh. The next trip it was definitely blah. Better the next trip. My sister usually gets the lamb and loves to eat at Marrakesh. We brought some newbies with us in 2010, not really adventurous eaters, and they thoroughly enjoyed their fish selections.

One big reason Marrakesh has - in the past - been one of our favorite restaurants is that the tables have not been crammed together, nor have we been rushed to get through our meal. Service has usually been very good - can't drink a [non-alcoholic] beverage even down to half before it's topped off. Any sort of paper (wrapper, etc.) does not stay on the table. And other than the somewhat atonal music (which we don't mind), the restaurant has been quiet, especially compared to, say, Coral Reef.

One trip we were very late due to a complete deluge while we were walking in from the Beach Club. The CMs couldn't have been nicer, and we were still seated promptly (as soon as we removed our ponchos and recuperated some from the drenching).

As to the belly dancer, my sister had been taking lessons before one trip, and was excited to find that she knew what the different hand motions meant. They apparently tell a story. Her granddaughter, on our last trip, had a great time, with other little girls, dancing with the belly dancer.

We are hoping to eat at Marrakesh again on our next trip, and hopefully it will still be a nice quiet leisurely place to eat. Even if the food is not always wonderful.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the food and atmosphere at Marrakesh, and of course the belly dancer. Although, we ate there way back in 1998, so my review is just a tad outdated.

If you're wondering why we haven't been back, we're still trying to get to all the restaurants in World Showcase, and don't get to WDW as frequently as we'd like.

The bastilla is the best dessert I've had at WDW.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    I agree with this entire post. I eat Middle-Eastern food at least once or twice a week, and I was disappointed by Marrakesh. Like Ellen, I much prefer Tangierine Cafe. It's probably my favorite World Showcase counter-service location.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: