Quantcast Dooney & Bourke 40th Anniversay Bags

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dooney & Bourke 40th Anniversay Bags

I was so excited when I read that Donney & Bourke have released Anniversay Bags in honor of WDW's 40th. I also saw that they are now available on-line. Has anyone been at The Parks recently who noticed if there is more to chose from there? I don't know if I can wait much longer, but I also don't want to limit my choices.
    Any feedback would be great!
    Thanks in advance!

2005-2007 Off Property
    2008 Grand Floridian
    2009 Wilderness Lodge
    2010 Suprise vacation to AKL for the boys!
    August 2011 Beach Club

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean more styles and sizes? If so, yes there are many - was just looking at them yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

They are very nice. I like the 40th anniversary pattern the best. I was so tempted but held off getting one.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

I love the 49th anniversary print. Dh and I are working on the puzzle right now and I told him I must have the D&B bag!
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

When I was there in January, they hadn't released the D&B 40th anniv. bags yet, but if what they carry in the rest of the D&B line is any indication, I did see the same bags in the stores as what I was seeing online... I didn't see anything different or new available in the parks. Have fun choosing!! I'd really like to get one of the middle-sized ones myself...

Edited to add -- just saw Melanie's post... so maybe there are more styles and sizes available for the 40th anniversary design than what is carried in their more "traditional" designs....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Edited to add -- just saw Melanie's post... so maybe there are more styles and sizes available for the 40th anniversary design than what is carried in their more "traditional" designs....
    I think the styles are the same as the other designs - messengers (small and large), letter carrier, wristlets, wallets, etc.

I took some pics today....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dooney & Bourke 40th Anniversary Bags

Thanks for your feedback. I was curious if there were additional styles & sizes. I know I should wait, but 152 days is a long time. I guess I am also one of those crazy people who enjoy "trying purses on for size." I was able to get one from the original line a few years ago and love it. When I read on another site that they were released, I was jumping up & down in my kitchen when no one was home. (I think only fellow Intercottees truly understand ! )
    For those who enjoy Disney purses, I did order a Harvey (Minnie Mouse) in December and absolutley LOVE it. I have received numerous compliments on it. When I point out that it is made from recycled seatbelts, everyone likes it that much more !

2005 - 2007 Off Property
    2008 Grand Floridian
    2009 Wilderness Lodge
    2010 Surprise vacation for the boys to AKL
    152 more days til Beach Club...but who's counting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dooney & Bourke 40th Anniversary Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I think the styles are the same as the other designs - messengers (small and large), letter carrier, wristlets, wallets, etc.

I took some pics today....
    Thank you so much! You are making me so jealous & excited! I do believe Disney Shopping offers all the styles that you posted. Maybe I won't be able to wait...lol! I also saw a new D&B Mickey silhouette with pin stripes.
    Thanks again Melanie!!!!!!!

2005 - 2007 Off Property
    2008 Grand Floridian
    2009 WL
    2010 AKL
    2011 Beach Club...152 more days

Post Thanks / Like

Mel, you're killing me.... now how are the OP & I supposed to be able to wait???
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I want that mailbag sooooo badly! (Must be a good girl, must be a good girl, must be a good girl. )
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Oh, I want that mailbag sooooo badly! (Must be a good girl, must be a good girl, must be a good girl. )
    Ditto.... I'm just going to keep repeating your mantra....
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymom201 View Post
    also saw a new D&B Mickey silhouette with pin stripes.
    My MIL just bought that one last weekend. It's very cute, and patriotic!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if these are going to be limited? We are not going until September -- for my 40th! -- and I'm thinking this bag will be just the perfect gift. I have 2 of the others and was planning on that new one with the balloons all over it, but am thinking the 40th bag fits.

Just wondering if it will be ok to wait or if I need to move on this now.
    My Disney Trips:
    Disney World as a kid
    1991 - Offsite (Honeymoon)
    2001 - ASMu
    2001 - ASSp
    2002 - CSR
    2003 - ASSp
    2005 - ASSp
    2006 - ASSp
    2007 - AKL
    9/9-18 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I really want a D&B 40th messenger bag but $265 for a vinyl bag for myself seems so wrong. On the other hand I still have some 25th anniversary shirts and sweatshirts so I definitely got use out of them. DH had gotten me the big D&B tonal for Xmas and I sent it back so I'm thinking this could be my mother's day present. Anyone else cheap when it comes to themselves but extravagant when it comes to others?
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted one of these bags so bad a few weeks ago. I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on a purse! Who knows I may bite the bullet and get one anyway. I wouldn't spend that much on the other designs, but I love the 40th anniversary print!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I love the new 40th anniversary design! I reluctantly purchased a D&B at WDW last May and it is without a doubt the BEST purse I've ever owned...and I've had Coach, Fossil, & many others. Even though it's "vinyl", it wears like iron. I beat the living daylights out of purses and it still looks as good as the day I bought it. So yes, they are expensive but are worth every penny, IMHO.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tygger7 View Post
    I love the new 40th anniversary design! I reluctantly purchased a D&B at WDW last May and it is without a doubt the BEST purse I've ever owned...and I've had Coach, Fossil, & many others. Even though it's "vinyl", it wears like iron. I beat the living daylights out of purses and it still looks as good as the day I bought it. So yes, they are expensive but are worth every penny, IMHO.
    I agree! I've never been a big purse person. I would get one good one, usually Coach, and carry the heck out of it. Now I have a few of these Disney Dooney's and I love them! The cream colored Disney sketch one I got last summer still looks great.

Fingers crossed I get the messenger style of the 40th. Mother's Day is right around the corner!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Disneyland one. Similar pattern. Love the vintage design.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies, good to know they wear like Coach. I have some coach bags that are over 20 years old!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question for those of you who have one of these.

I'm looking at the Kristen bag--so cute. What exactly is it made of? Is it durable? My husband offered to buy me one for my upcoming graduation, but I'm on the fence.

(I'm having a hard time justifying the price. It must be the Social Worker in me.)

But it is so adorable.
    Jen

Next trip: Beach Club Villas; August 2011.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: