Quantcast camping trip october

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default camping trip october

We camp alot so this time I am looking for some creative ways to make this trip unique, for our children. We will be there for 2 weeks so anyone who has any ideas on how to get settled in and be just genuinely comfortable for 2 weeks would be awesome! We always bring a carpet remanant and plastic drawers to store our clothes in. this seems to keep our clothes cleaner than them ending up on the floor, in sand. We called today and upgraded to a preferred site with a request for the 100 loop, so here's to hoping we get it. *cross your fingers* that way we can walk to the beach and playground very easily. We are only booking 2 dinners; biergarten and akershus. I was gonna book hoop de doo or backyard bbq but i have to say im not impressed with the menu for the prices they offer. How is the security on this side of the campground? We were nothing but happy with the other side of the campground.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This side of the campground is incredible, you will absolutley love it. We have stayed in the 100 loop several times over the years and we love the conveinance of being so close to everything
    Sean
    So many Happy Trips!

6/30/12 through 7/10/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/11 through 1/4/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/10 thorugh 1/4/11 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/14/10 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/09 through 1/4/10 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/11/10 Fort Wilderness!

Post Thanks / Like

We've never found security to be an issue at Fort Wilderness. October is a perfect time for camping there!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can come and stay with you.

Just kidding. (sort of)

One thing that comes to mind is decorations around your campsite. Perhaps you and your two or three oldest can design a theme, and brainstorm what you can do to make your campsite unique and feel like home when you come back to it. You're going in the fall which lends itself to lots of potential.

Those plastic drawers do come in handy, don't they?

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

yes, they really do. we use them for all sorts of things. its nice to have that extra sand barrier, in the tent. we were looking at solar ground lights last night. thinking maybe covering them with some ghosts. Since its halloween time maybe some halloween decorations. I imagine people go all out like they do for christmas???
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

sure. come stay with us. haha. there will be homeschool packets involved though that will be due at the end of the trip. if you come you will also be responsible for the work, lol.
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

No problem being responsible for the work. My niece is seriously considering homeschooling her daughter who is currently in kindergarten. Since my niece and her daughter live with us, I reckon we'll all be involved.

Halloween is a big deal at Disney and probably the campgrounds, tho I can't say for sure, not having toured around FW much that time of year.

On our September trip my niece decorated her daughter's stroller with fall leaves garlands, a small string of mini-lights, and some ribbons in fall colors. We thought her stroller might be over the top until we walked into MK that first morning and saw decorations everywhere - including pumpkins decorating the roof lines. Disney can do a great jack-o-lantern, you betcha!

Maybe you can figure out how to make some jack-o-lanterns for your campsite that won't spoil in the Florida heat. Your ghost lights idea sounds promising. You'll also have electrical at your campsite. You could bring some LED light strings down too and incorporate them somehow.

When we stayed at Fort Wilderness in December - some of us in a campsite and some in a Wilderness Home - my niece drew up floor plans of the Home with details of which themes/decorations she was going to use in each room. We made a lot of the decorations ourselves. And decorated the golf cart too.

If you're bringing bikes, be sure to decorate them as well!

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if we are bringing bikes yet. We are considering buying a trailer for the van and if we do, bikes will come with us. Im working on homework booklets right now for their homeschooling in the parks. they are looking good! I love them! I have had no problems homeschooling other than days we say forget it and do a museum or something field trippy instead and sometimes I think that is better. I think Disney has helped a lot with schooling!
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    I have had no problems homeschooling other than days we say forget it and do a museum or something field trippy instead and sometimes I think that is better. I think Disney has helped a lot with schooling!
    I don't doubt it a bit, either the museum/field trip or the Disney part. Young kids don't really equate learning with schooling. And most are so thirsty for knowing things. It's good when they see that their adults are still learning and that there are many different places to learn more things.

Probably why camping is so much fun for kids - lots of exploring to do!

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Disney has a program called YES! its a schooling program for homeschoolers who want to take classes. Unfortunately this is thicker in disneyland than world and we are too far from land to really get much out of this. Epcot and Animal kingdom are just FILLED with an immense about of learning opportunities! Disney is not just rides. There is so much to be taught. Something I think that camping helps with that really needs to be pushed with youngsters is independence, working as a team, and self competency. I really love that Disney has continued to keep their campground. It really is a better trip for us sometimes to add this into the mix of theme parking. Sitting a kid down in school and saying well you cant take that much time off school for a trip to disney world is just simply oppressive. The idea that schools should be wanting their children to be as open minded and enriched as possible, they really should encourage family vacations. Especially to a GIANT hands on Museum where they can touch and feel and really experience sooo many different cultures and foods and life! You cant teach that in a social studies book! You gotta go to Disney World!
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD