Quantcast Another Magical Express Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Magical Express Question

We are renting a car, is it OK to still use the ME luggage tags so we dont have to cart our bags? or will we hold the bus up?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're asking to use Magical Express to transport your luggage from the airport to your resort while you do not ride the bus, the answer is no, you can't do that. In order for your luggage to be transported from the airport to your resort, you need to use the bus service as well.

However, if your airline participate, you CAN use the resort check-in service to have your luggage transported from your resort to the airport even if you don't use Magical Express on your trip back to the airport.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spinnerf View Post
    We are renting a car, is it OK to still use the ME luggage tags so we dont have to cart our bags? or will we hold the bus up?
    faline is correct.

You wouldn't be holding up any bus ... luggage is transported in delivery trucks. And for the trip from airport to resort, no one is pre-assigned to a specific bus, so it's not like the driver will be waiting for you to show up.

Post Thanks / Like

@ Faline - are you sure? I re-read the Magical Express documents and nowhere does it say I must ride the bus. It does specifically state that my luggage will travel separate from me and the only prerequisite is that I attach the luggage tags. Maybe I should contact Magical Express. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got this from the magical express web site:

What is Disney's Magical Express Service?

Complimentary motor coach transportation and luggage transfer services from Orlando International Airport to select Walt Disney World Resort hotels and back for passengers of all Orlando air carriers
    Travel time is approximately 45 to 75 minutes. Motor coaches may make multiple stops before arriving at your Disney Resort hotel.
    Luggage delivery service is available for flights arriving between 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. daily. For airport arrivals after 10:00 p.m., Guests must collect their luggage at Baggage Claim and transport it with them on the motor coach.
    Reserve the service when you make your Disney Resort reservation prior to arrival at Orlando International Airport.
    Please note: The service does not provide luggage-only transfer.
    U.S. and Canada Reservations: (407) WDW-MAGIC or (407) 939-6244.
    United Kingdom Reservations: 0870 24 24 900 or online www.disneyworld.co.uk for Walt Disney Travel Company bookings - or contact your travel agent or tour operator. International Guests make your reservation through the same travel agent or tour operator used to book your trip. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
    Bryan

4/86, 4/89 Disney Music Days (off property)
    5/89 Grad Nite (off property)
    7/2005 POR
    4/2007 Grad Nite Chap ASMu
    4/2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Grad Nite Chap (off property)
    6/2009 POR
    5/2010 SSR
    5/2011, 12/2011 POR

Post Thanks / Like

@ zcrsdad . Thank you! That answers it!

Post Thanks / Like

If you wanted to use the luggage service, only one of you have to ride the bus.

This is an option if you don't want to handle the luggage, but your group will be split with this option.

For our next trip, we thought of having one or two of us go get the car(s) and the rest ride the bus, but this is not an option that everyone wants to do.
    Can I go "home" yet?
    Mickey where are you?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure where you are staying, but you could use DME to get to WDW free of charge and then rent your car onsight.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC