Quantcast Birthday cakes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Birthday cakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Birthday cakes

Who has experience with birthday cakes at Disney?? I am thinking of ordering one at the Nine dragons for my 19 yr old's birthday. Are they worth it?? Any other suggestions would be great too.
    Sarah K.
    85-87 Campground - 89 CAbins
    91 The Tree House Villas - 2001 Nov. Lake Buena Vista Best W.
    2002 Movies - 2002 Sports
    2003 Music - 2004 Cabins
    2006 DW Movies
    2013 DisneyLand- Embassy Suites S
    2014 Disneyland-Anaheim Plaza
    2015 Disneyworld Sports
    2017 DL?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand that the cakes available at restaurants are mostly, small, previously frozen cakes though I have no personal expereince of this.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I understand that the cakes available at restaurants are mostly, small, previously frozen cakes though I have no personal expereince of this.
    We received a small previously frozen cake when I pre-ordered for my husband's birthday one year. I would not do it again ... we much preferred the complimentary cupcakes that we were given when we were down for my DS12's and my birthdays last year.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I've ordered two cakes for special occasions. In November of 2009 I ordered a cake that was delivered to our dinner at Yatchsman's Steak house. This one was a yellow cake with a custard filling with fresh strawberry chunks in it. It was really, really good. I told them to decorate it any way they wanted, just to include Happy 10th Anniversary somewhere on the cake. This cake was $40. Then last Wednesday was my 9 year old's birthday. We had dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I ordered a Mickey Head cake. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate filling. It was really moist and tasty! This cake was $48. I odered both cakes by calling the cake hot line about a week or two ahead of time. Hope that helps.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Some locations offer better cakes than others. Nine Dragons, as it's in Epcot, is not one of those locations. Yachtsman Steakhouse is known for having great cakes, as are the Grand Floridian restaurants and lately, the Contemporary restaurants (a shout out to the pastry chef there... he's great). Call the cake hotline and see what they can do... maybe you can arrange for a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery to be delivered. Otherwise, you may be stuck with a thawed Sara Lee cake.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

You can order just about anything - and while the cakes are incredibly awesome, Disney will charge you for it. For some of the good cakes, you can pay upwards of $175, although most come in around $120. There's a cake order form (can't post the link here) as well as the "cake hotline" at WDW. Cake hotline is (407) 827-2253. If you want a fancy, elaborate cake, contact the private dining number for one of the following resorts: Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Lodge, or Yacht & Beach. On some occasions, these resorts will deliver elsewhere, but generally speaking, the cakes go to a room or restaurant within that bakery's resort. Be sure to have the ADR number along with date and time for your dining ressie. As a side, you CAN place fancier orders at the Boardwalk Bakery and pick it up there.
    Send me a PM if you need further info.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I ordered a Mickey Head cake. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate filling. It was really moist and tasty! This cake was $48. I odered both cakes by calling the cake hot line about a week or two ahead of time. Hope that helps.
    This sounds really delicious!! I'm taking my daughters friend and want to surprise her at Teppan Edo with a cake for her 14th bday and 1st trip.What's the number to the cake hotline?
    "It's fab, Its fun, It's DISNEY"!

Offsite March'05
    POR June'06
    Pop Century June 30-July 4,09

Offsite Apr '10
    Pop Century Apr '12
    Pop Century June '14
    Wilderness Lodge June '15
    Caribbean Beach May/June '16
    UPCOMING: Disney's Contemporary Aug '17

Post Thanks / Like

The cake hotline is (407) 827-2253. As far as I understand, the bakeries will not deliver to Epcot as it has its own bakery. You may, however, place an order to the Boardwalk Bakery, pick it up there and carry it in.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Last August I ordered a delicious chocolate cake with a chocolate mousse filling. It was decorated with a picture of the Fairy Godmother. We were eating at San Angel and I placed the order with the cake hotline. They said it fed 8, but we took a large part back to our room. I think it only cost about $30. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicjasb View Post
    Last August I ordered a delicious chocolate cake with a chocolate mousse filling. It was decorated with a picture of the Fairy Godmother. We were eating at San Angel and I placed the order with the cake hotline. They said it fed 8, but we took a large part back to our room. I think it only cost about $30. Have fun.

Being that the previous poster stated that they would not deliver to Epcot, did you pick it up and carry it in to San Angel?
    "It's fab, Its fun, It's DISNEY"!

Offsite March'05
    POR June'06
    Pop Century June 30-July 4,09

Offsite Apr '10
    Pop Century Apr '12
    Pop Century June '14
    Wilderness Lodge June '15
    Caribbean Beach May/June '16
    UPCOMING: Disney's Contemporary Aug '17

Post Thanks / Like

No I did not carry it in. I called the cake line number that I had found on Intercot, about 2 weeks before our trip and left a message. A woman called me back and I ordered the cake over the phone. The night of our ADR, I checked at the San Angel podium and they had a paper stating the cake was in the kitchen. It was delivered just as ordered. It was delicious and perfect. I am not sure about others who could not have it delivered since it worked for us in August 2010. I was also told I could have any picture put on it. It was just a frosting picture of the Fairy Godmother. Good Luck.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: