Quantcast Using other tickets

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Using other tickets

I know that Disney does not allow sharing tickets, using other peoples tickets, etc. but does anyone know if it is acceptable to use tickets that were purchased by one person, but never used? My friend has a 2day base ticket that has her last name on it. It has never been used. She was going to give it to me because she will not use it because of having an AP, and other left over tickets. Would I be able to use that, or is it against policy also? I was going to add a few days to it. Thank you.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Technically, you can use it, however you may have some problems upgrading it. I beleive the rule is tickets must be used by the same person for ALL days and they are non-transferrable. However, there are many cases where tickets are gifted to others, for example, I've bought tickets for my wife many times, and she has returned the favor. I plan on getting my kid a ticket or two sometime in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

People can buy tickets as gifts for others. However, if the tickets were purchased as part of a Disney vacation package which included the required purchase of a 2-day base ticket, they clearly were not purchased as a gift. In that case, I would think they would not be transferable to another as they were issued to the ticket holder and were meant to be used by that ticket holder.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Disney's policy is that issued but totally unused tickets ARE transferable, but can't be sold for a profit. Once the ticket is used in any way, Disney policy prohibits its use by anyone else, and Florida law prohibits selling it.

Post Thanks / Like

So, if the tickets were purchased as part of the Free Dining package (they are two day base tickets) and were never used, it would be okay for me to use them? I wanted to upgrade them to 7 day tickets. My friends last name is on the ticket, but she never activated them. If I was to try and upgrade them, would it be against Disney policy? I want to do the right thing. Thanks.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: