Quantcast Wild Deer at Magic Kingdom

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wild Deer at Magic Kingdom

Can anyone tell me or was i just seeing things,on my way to the Magic Kingdom last year i saw a glimpse of what i thought was a deer.Is there wild deer in Walt Disney World.
    Also what other cool animals have people seen inside Walt Disney World.As we are staying in the Saratoga Springs in October hoping to see some wildlife around.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there are lots of deer roaming the undeveloped areas of WDW. You can often see them along the roadway near Fort Wilderness. You might also see raccoons, possums, armadillos, and numerous other smaller species of animals that make their home at WDW. And it is not unusual to spot an alligator there.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Back before Disney World got so huge, we used to see wild deer there all the time. In fact, on our way back to Fort Wilderness, the bus drivers would even stop the bus in the road to point them out to passengers. Can't do that any more without possibly causing a major accident!

I've seen alligator, opossum, armadillo, turtle, and, on our last trip, even saw a pair of otters in the water at Downtown Disney. Others have seen turky - though I haven't. I once saw a huge owl sitting on the top of a tree.

At one point, there was an alligator hanging out in the water in the Magic Kingdom. Last year, we saw one in the water by Coronado Springs.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I almost stepped on an armadillo while walking to the stairs of our building in CSR this past December. It didn't move that fast, but too fast for me to get a picture. Of course I was alone and no one believed me (some of the people we were with didn't believe me that there were armadillos in Florida at all ). BUT, on our last night, coming home from MVMCP, my daughter and I saw an armadillo in the same spot. I like to think it was the same one. I also named him Andy.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We've definitely seen alot of deer along the roads. A few years a go we saw an alligator in the waterway inside Magic Kingdom. While staying at Fort Wilderness we've seen opossums, armadillos, turtles, and bunnies. And at other resorts the little lizards and bunnies that run arounds. There are animals all over, you just have to keep an eye out for them.

Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Post Thanks / Like

We have seen lots of turkeys on the way to the Contemporary.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at Saratoga and Treehuoses and never saw a deer... But I did see a family of bunnies in Wilderness Lodge!!! I named one of them Thumper.... I know, I'm such a geek LOL...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

We've seen lots of deer and 1 armadillo. The weirdest thing we ever saw was Disney employees trying to catch and wrangle an alligator out of the water between the Liberty Tree and Tom Sawyer's island. We spent a good half hour watching from the bridge (they'd shut down the walks) before we HAD to leave for our dinner reservation at the LT. I asked one of the workers if they had to catach it and was informed "Yes, since several youngsters fall in this thing a week!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksmom02 View Post
    I also named him Andy.
    Years ago we named a groundhog Andy, and it stuck so much that now when we see a groundhog, we shout, "There's an Andy!"

We've seen deer on the side of the road, turkeys at All-Star Music just this February, armadillos at Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness, and lots of bunnies and lizards. I even saw an alligator once on the ME ride back to MCO - of course, DH was sleeping at the time and thinks I'm nuts. I'd love to see an armadillo again - have even considered going over to Fort Wilderness just to see if we can find any.
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot! Just this February, we saw a bald eagle fishing right on the edge of Seven Seas Lagoon, between the bus stops and the ferry docks. It was an awesome sight! We'd seen one flying overhead in the same area a few years back while taking the boat from the Poly to MK.
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz36 View Post
    I forgot! Just this February, we saw a bald eagle fishing right on the edge of Seven Seas Lagoon, between the bus stops and the ferry docks. It was an awesome sight! We'd seen one flying overhead in the same area a few years back while taking the boat from the Poly to MK.
    We saw a bald eagle in February cruising over Saratoga Springs.
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

We stay at Wilderness Lodge and when coming back to our room at night, we have to be careful of not hitting deer. We have seen tons of them!

Post Thanks / Like

Wild deer are ALL OVER Florida. Any long stretch of road without street lights is liable to have deer eating along side it. I see it so often I sometimes forget how wonderful a site it is.

We usually stay at the values. Many walk-ways on the outer edges are dark and quiet at night. While walking to our room, we OFTEN see wild bunnies snacking in the grass.

On more than one occasion we've seen LIVE armadillos in the parking lots. Just recently, I ran into one near the pool at one of the All Star Resorts. That was crazy because it was well lit and so many people were around.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Yep, tons and tons of wildlife all around WDW. The thing to remember is that all that property was either forest, swamp or farm land before Disney bought it up. And only a relatively small percentage of the property has been developed.

Thus, there are still lots of critters living in them thar woods... and waterways... and golf courses... and parking lots...
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Default snake

My sister and her husband encountered a big snake like a python at the Polynessian resort when they honeymooned there years ago. They told the staff and it was like it was no big deal. They'd take care of it! OK, then!

Post Thanks / Like

We have seen the bald eagle as well, our boat captain told us that he had a nest in a tree near Seven Seas lagoon. Also we watched the alligator at toms sawyers island. when we pointed him out to a CM the CM put his finger to his mouth and said "sshhh, we have someone coming to get him. My job for now is to watch him until they arrive" We took a picture because we figured no one would believe a gator got into MK without a hopper pass!
    We also try to see an armadillo each trip. One year when going to play mini golf, an armadillo walked out from some bushes right across my path. He startled me and I screamed. I was bummed that I was too startled to take a picture.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

I think its great that one of my favorite places on the planet is still so wild and i hope it will always remains so.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

It's also rumored that you might encounter a five-foot-tall mouse or two, a six-foot-tall dog, an uncommonly large duck, and even flying elephants during your visit.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    It's also rumored that you might encounter a five-foot-tall mouse or two, a six-foot-tall dog, an uncommonly large duck, and even flying elephants during your visit.
    After two Lapu Lapus I see the elephants also.
    But they're pink.

Sorry I have strayed.

Seriously we enjoy seeing all the wildlife also.
    When staying at the cabins we had visitors everyday.
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

Post Thanks / Like

We usually stay in the cabins at Fort WIlderness and my family and i have seen lots of deer. We have also seen otters, alligators, rabbits, turkey, owls and we too have seen the Bald Eagle several times. It's part of the charm of Fort WIlderness to me. If you ever get a chance walk the bike path between Fort WIlderness and the Wilderness Lodge and you will see lots of deer
    Sean
    So many Happy Trips!

6/30/12 through 7/10/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/11 through 1/4/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/10 thorugh 1/4/11 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/14/10 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/09 through 1/4/10 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/11/10 Fort Wilderness!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: