Quantcast Crowd Tracker on Touring Plans is bumming me out!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Crowd Tracker on Touring Plans is bumming me out!

Sigh... I signed up for the touring plans website, and have been receiving updates on my upcoming March trip. I am so glad and excited to be going, and we have a pretty good plan, but all our days have jumped in terms of crowd levels! We're going the last week in March and our days were all 4's through 7's. They are now all 9's and 10's. Parks that were recommended are now the parks not to visit. I know that with fastpass and my knowledge of the parks, along with the lines app, we'll be just fine, but it kind of bums me out that it's gonna be crazy... Well, we're lucky to be going! It's gonna rock no matter what!
    Maggie
    DVC Member @ OKW & BCV

Mamma to DD's E and C
    CR 80
    POLY 84
    FW 91
    POFQ 04~Last trip w/Gramps
    POP 07~E's 1st Trip
    GF & SOG 08~(Not My)Disney Wedding
    POFQ 08~BIG Family Vacation
    POP 09~Just the Girls
    BCV 10~1 Night @WDW
    OKW GV 11~C's 1st Trip
    BLT/OKW 12~Surprise!

2014 OKW/?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The busy spring break season is hard to predict. I wouldn't put too much stock in those predictions - you might find it as busy as you fear but it might also be a lot less busy than you expect.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I wouldn't worry too much about that. It's Disney World and you'll have a GREAT time. It is always crowded to a certain extent now. If you go in the least crowded times there are less show offerings and they cut back on employees and ride vehicles so it all evens out somewhat.
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

Being the Pollyanna I am, I never worry about the crowds. Just think, if people didn't go to DW and crowds dip too much, they might close. Heaven forbid!!!
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the late Easter holiday is causing havoc with projections.

I know my kids' school normally has off the week before Easter but this year spring break is the last week of March.
    April 2000 -- ASMu
    November 2004 -- ASMo (First time with kids)
    September 2005 -- Pop
    September 2007 -- Pop
    January 2009 -- POR
    April 2012 -- POR (Cramming 6 people in one room)
    July 2014 -- Pop (12 days in Disney)

Post Thanks / Like

You know the drill.....be there when the parks open and leave when it is too crowded. Come back in the evening.....How nice you have a GV at OKW....Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We vist WDW nearly every year in late March. We will be there March 19-25 this year.

It is usually crowded, but with the routine of arriving for rope drop, using fastpass, eating at "weird" times, we rarely stay in line for 30 minutes, and most rides are 15 minutes or less. It really is not that bad. Plus, the parks are open very late which helps.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about what you cannot control-CROWDS! We are going at that same time. I think it will be busy, but not as busy as Easter or Christmas. You will be surprised at how well you can manage the crowds with a little planning & a lot of flexibilty. If you try to adhere to a strict touring schedule, you will miss out on a lot. Remember-you are on vacation!
    1987-off site (Honeymoon)
    1992-off site (5/3 yr. old)
    1995/97/99 FW
    2000-WL
    2001/02/03 -FW
    2005-FW
    2008-FW(still camping w/the kids)
    2009-WL (No Kids!)
    2011-WL
    2012-WL (25th Anniv)
    2015-POFQ
    2017-30th Anniv trip w/kids & grandkids! MK for a day!
    2018-FW in OCT! (camping with MOOSE)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having the same anxiety about crowds. When I booked six months ago for the first/second week in March, the crowd predictions were low. I checked them today, and they're 8 through 10. I know I shouldn't worry about what I can't control, but I'm hoping they are wrong.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Crowds have been up all around since October or so. I think it may be a trend we're all going to have to get used to, at least for the near future.

Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping they are wrong too. I guess I do not believe the crowds will be that bad. With Spring Breaks all over the place, and Easter in late April the crowds will probably be moderate all month. We went the week after Easter a few years ago & it was VERY busy. But my Crazy hubby & I visited all 4 theme parks in 1 long, exhausting day! This year, we are planning on leisurly touring. Lets hope for LOW crowd levels!
    1987-off site (Honeymoon)
    1992-off site (5/3 yr. old)
    1995/97/99 FW
    2000-WL
    2001/02/03 -FW
    2005-FW
    2008-FW(still camping w/the kids)
    2009-WL (No Kids!)
    2011-WL
    2012-WL (25th Anniv)
    2015-POFQ
    2017-30th Anniv trip w/kids & grandkids! MK for a day!
    2018-FW in OCT! (camping with MOOSE)

Post Thanks / Like

Yep...just checked and the 14-16th is up to all 10s now, too. Not a big deal, though. My DW and I have been during spring break 'season' many times, and as long as you're smart about things, it's no biggie
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at that too. 9&10s many days we will b there (March 16-23) Im wondering if i should change t park plans and reservations.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Crowd Tracker on Touring Plans is bumming me out!
    Well I suppose one response would be to suggest not watching the crowd tracker so much ....but I can't make that suggestion since I too watch the crowd tracker before our trips. And (I hate to say it) but most of the time when we've watched it its either been fairly accurate or a little busier than projected. So you could well be dealing with "10s."

However, tens are very doable at Disney world (we have gone during the oober busy Christmas to NEW Year Week for the last four years) if you are disciplined in your approach to the parks and take full advantage of the perks of an on-property stay.

As others have suggested if you are going to get much riding in you really need to get there early (park opening) and go at it pretty hard until mid-morning to late morning at which point you can slow your pace a bit and use the fastpasses you will have hopefully accumulated along the way (trying to get one as soon as you can timewise).

We will usually leave the parks around one or two o'clock and head back to the resort for a swim and long nap. (that nap is important for us in what we tend to do that night)

We then head back to a park around five and pick up a fastpass (if there are any left for attractions we like). And casually pick and choose what we do...often choosing fastloading roads that can move lots of people through quickly...we watch parades and kind of take it easy until the crowds begin to thin out a bit...and then we go at the riding again real hard until park closing. (One thing to remember about "ten" days is that the parks tend to stay open quite late ---and the crowds really start to drop off after 11 or so).

Like I said we have used this approach on multiple occasions and it has worked well for us...we pretty much ride everything we want...but most of our riding is done before ten am and after 11PM...and that afternoon nap is important in order for us to pull this off now that we are in our mid forties.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mammabruski View Post
    Sigh... I signed up for the touring plans website, and have been receiving updates on my upcoming March trip. I am so glad and excited to be going, and we have a pretty good plan, but all our days have jumped in terms of crowd levels! We're going the last week in March and our days were all 4's through 7's. They are now all 9's and 10's. Parks that were recommended are now the parks not to visit. I know that with fastpass and my knowledge of the parks, along with the lines app, we'll be just fine, but it kind of bums me out that it's gonna be crazy... Well, we're lucky to be going! It's gonna rock no matter what!
    I have the same concerns as you, however, I really think that with Easter falling so late this year and it seems to be affecting Spring Break in many school districts, the crowds are going to be more spread out. If not, and TP is correct (we will be there 3/11-3/19) we are just going to adjust our plans. We also plan on taking more advantage of what our resort (OKW) has to offer. Have a great time!!
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

I also check that site frequently, but its amazing how many times those numbers get changed, both up and down. The one thing they are usually accurate on is which park to avoid, which park is best that day, etc.

If you know how to attack the park and know what you want to do you'll be fine. Just make sure you are at each park before opening.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

We started looking at this too. I am hoping it's accurate because on our vacation it's showing 1-3
    Me DD 15 DD 15 DS17 DH

MARCH 2008 OFFSITE
    ME, DS13 DD13 DS15

MARCH 2009 POR
    ME, DH DD14 DD14

SEPTEMBER 2011
    ME, DH, DD15 DD15
    16TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Post Thanks / Like

the trouble is getting to the parks early as we both are more night people. she will have more problems than me i think. ill keep an eye on predictions
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM