Quantcast How Often? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Often?

Post Thanks / Like

We try to go every other year now...but hoping to make that more frequently now that our DD is heading off to college. She is planning to do the college program with Disney, so we'll have an even better excuse to visit.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess that I'll be the unusual one here. It has been 8 years since we were last at WDW and I don't see a family trip headed back there anytime soon, although DD might go on the senior trip to Grad Night in 2012.

Do I miss it? Yes. Up until I married in 89 (we honeymooned at WDW), I would make the trip twice a year on average. However, we have decided as a family that we want to experience more than what we can get with Disney. I don't mean that as a slap at anyone who goes frequently.

Our family vacation time is precious to us. Stress-free downtime is priceless. Having to plan meals 6 months out is just one thing that makes no sense to me and would detract from what I want a vacation to be.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

We try to go at least once a year. If finances allow we go 2 or 3 times. WDW is the place my wife and I enjoy the very most, so why not go there?
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Not often enough! We're thinking about Disneyland in 2012 and Walt Disney World again in 2014. We'll have to see what happens. 6-7 years between trips to Walt Disney World is a long time!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

We first began going every 4 years but soon that plan was no longer in effect

We go when we can afford it and fortunately for us that happens pretty often

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

We have a somewhat odd pattern. We wait 4-5 years between visits, but then go 2 years in a row. That first trip always gets me anxious to go back, but after the second we just fall away for a few years. I'm hoping in the future to bump it up to every other year, since there are still many other places I want to see, but Disney just feels like a second home.
    1994- Offsite
    1995- ASMusic
    1999- Contemporary
    2000- ASMovies
    2005- Pop Century
    2006- POR & AKL
    2010- Pop Century
    Dec 2011- Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We're going less and less as the years go by, our family increases in size, and the prices keep going up and up.

It helps that we've bought into DVC to give us some level of certainty around accomodations, but that doesn't help with park admission and food. The cost of both annual passes and the DDP has gone up significantly in the past couple years and with another child (DS4) now old enough to need a dining plan and an AP it's getting price.

And then there's airfare which, for a family of six, is a big expense. And now with fuel costs skyrocketing, it looks like airline tickets are going to shoot up too. We're actually going to drive this next trip to save some cash.

But anyway to the point ... when we were a family of three we used to go anywhere from three to five times a year. When DS was born, we cut back to more like two to three times a year. Now that the twins were born, we're looking like we'll be once or twice a year max. Probably once barring some miraculous turn in our financial situation.

It's not all money, though. Some of it is also time off. I swtiched jobs back in '08 and at my old place I had like six weeks of paid time off. At my current job, I have a little less than four. And DW has even less, so ...
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have only been to able to go about once every other year, even though we live relatively close (5 hours driving). That's about all we could fit into our family budget, and as our boys got older our schedules. With more extracurricular activities (band, sports, church trips) there were less and less opportunities for us to go except in the middle of summer (without missing school), and I don't really have the desire to experience those crowds in that heat and humidity again. Been there, done that. We will probably go again next year, October, 2012.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Share This Thread On Social Media: