Quantcast The Impact of Brazilian Tour Groups

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Impact of Brazilian Tour Groups

We just returned from our 1/24-1/31/11 trip.
    The Brazilian tour groups definitely added to the crowd levels at the parks. The groups can quickly congest an area of a park, similar to the migration of the Wildebeest.

Strategies to deal with their impact:
    1) Avoid the park with PM EMH
    2) Stay ahead of the flag-bearers
    3) Do not follow the groups into a line queue
    4) Play capture the flag and lead the groups to another side of the park.
    5) DHS will be crazy on Fantasmic nights, go to DHS on a different day. Both the 1st and 2nd shows were packed.

Overall, crowd levels were not bad, ranging from walk-on to longer than posted wait times.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I like your strategie #4. We were there the
    25th thru 31st. I agree, the crowd levels were very light.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We are going in the middle of March. I hope the
    crowds will be light at that time. Can't wait to
    get back in the land of Mickey and the Magic.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this time of year
    middle of March??

Post Thanks / Like

I went the first week of March last year. Crowds weren't bad at all, especially if you get there when the parks open and hit all the majors rides then. Never saw any Brazilian tour groups. The main things were trying to avoid the park that had EMH that day. On the day we were going to see Fantasmic, we went to another park for the morning then went to DHS a couple hours before the show. We also waited until the second showing which helped somewhat with the crowds. Aside from the freezing temperatures at night, it was definitely a great time to go.
    planning for 2016...
    Oct 2011 - Offsite
    Feb/Mar 2010 - Offsite
    Feb 2005 - All Star Movies
    Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings
    Aug 1996 - Dixie Landings
    Aug 1994 - Dixie Landings
    Aug 1991 - Caribbean

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We just got back, and overall, we didn't notice a big change b/c of the groups. We didn't notice ANY on Fri or Sat, they must have been travelling... Sunday, a large group checked into our resort, but they were managed very well and the leaders definitely did a good job spacing out when each group of 75 or so hit the food court area. They were spread out well amongst the parks, although at DHS they were more noticeable as of course, they all want to ride the "big" rides. I think we saw about 4 different groups there, one of them being the group staying at our resort. But overall, they were polite and didn't really affect us that much -- maybe a bit longer wait for a few rides Sun/Mon, but not terrible. Definitely a better experience than what we had 2 years ago -- I won't be as afraid to travel in January next year!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in July last year, at the peak of the Brazilian tour group season. There were groups everywhere, all in bright neon matching shirts.
    And for the most part, they couldn't have been more polite. Sure, there were a lot of teenagers, and you get one or two that runs too fast and nearly knocks over your toddler, but that happens in the local mall all the time.
    We heard a lot of people complaining about the groups, but if you didn't get behind them in line, you didn't have any problems at all.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Another reason why I love these boards...where else can a whole discussion be found on the impact of BRAZILIAN TOUR GROUPS on an amusement park?!! Love it.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I know I was only there for two days last week, but I saw tons of the "dreaded" BTG's in Epcot and I have to say I had no issue with any of them. They were all very well behaved and not in any way intrusive.

They also didn't seem to have any affect on lines or anything. Nothing out of the ordinary at all.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It has been 3 years since our last visit to WDW. Are these Brazilian Tour Groups something new? When do they go?
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    It has been 3 years since our last visit to WDW. Are these Brazilian Tour Groups something new? When do they go?
    The two months with the most impact are July and January.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back on Jan. 11, and didn't really have any problems, even though many were there. Have been in May and encountered some, especially last year. Boisterous, shall we say, but this year was no big deal.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I had a little run-in with a couple dozen teenage boys from a BTG last January. By myself, I turned down the Canadian garden path toward Le Cellier. The group of boys saw me coming and started clapping at/toward me. Now, I'm no young hottie, and I thought they were probably making fun of me a little, but they didn't seem mean spirited about it. So, instead of getting all offended, I played it up, thanking them in a grandiose way and accepting the "accolades" as if it were my due. They appreciated my performance and were very friendly. It was a memorable Disney experience to me.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree...we have gone in January for many, many years and have always encountered the flag and neon green shirt groups. They are very, very well behaved and have never had a problem. Just go in the opposite direction of them and try not to get behind them on a ride line as they are groups of 50+...that just added 10 minutes to your wait time

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone to WDW the last week in June the past 3 years (Fathers Day til 7 days after), and the tour groups were there. They were okay as far as behavior. My DS enjoyed having conversations with them. I thought they only came over in the summer. There was also a chinese group a couple years agoi as well.
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We saw many groups on our trip in January 2010. We like to be at a park at rope drop, and logistically, it's more likely for large groups to arrive at the park later. We like to leave about lunch time, so we weren't impacted much.

We did see a lot of soccer type activity, especially in Epcot. Many of the CMs in the World Showcase countries had soccer balls handy. It was entertaining to watch what can be done with a soccer ball. Apparently some of the groups were also from Europe and were soccer oriented, in some way.

We were at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge and didn't see any groups there.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

You know we've gone to WDW several times in February. There is alway a large contingent of Argentine groups there at that time.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

As we were waiting to board our plane home this week, we saw a couple of American dance troupes getting off their planes. They were way more boisterous than the Brazilian tour groups that we encountered the whole week at Disney and at Busch Gardens.
    Can I go "home" yet?
    Mickey where are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peemagg View Post
    As we were waiting to board our plane home this week, we saw a couple of American dance troupes getting off their planes. They were way more boisterous than the Brazilian tour groups that we encountered the whole week at Disney and at Busch Gardens.
    Agreed! The cheerleading/ dance teams are far more..um..spirited than the BTG. However, I've never really been bothered by either. In fact I kind of like large groups. They're only clogging up one or two attractions at a time so it's fairly easy to just chose a different attraction.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I once got into a confrontation with a dance troupe / cheer director.

We were at Pop Centurty in 2007. It was after midnight and suddenly I was awakened by cheering. I got up, looked outside, and saw that a cheer / dance team was arriving. This went on for some time and finally I blew my stack. I told the director she needed to silence these girls and have some respect as it was after midnight and we were not in a gymnasium. She responded by calling me "Rude", as if I were the one waking the entire 90's building at Pop Century up. Needless to say, I told her about herself and she didn't like it too much.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Rudeness knows no nationality nor age group. They are everywhere. My advice, just ignore them.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: