Quantcast "Do Not Miss" List for my 4 y-o brother

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: What should we definitely do/see with my 4 y-o brother at MK?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dumbo

28 36.36%
  • Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride

14 18.18%
  • Astro Orbiter

9 11.69%
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

61 79.22%
  • something else?

11 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "Do Not Miss" List for my 4 y-o brother

(I'm posting this for my daughter. Let the dictation begin...)

What is the best ride for little boys in Magic Kingdom?

My brother is 4 and doesn't like dark, scary things. So, what do you think we should definitely ride and see?
    MK as a toddler - early 1970s
    Epcot 1980ish
    Polynesian 1986ish
    Epcot 1989
    Off-site 2005
    Pop 2006
    Off-site 2008
    Pop 2009
    Pop 2011

War Eagle! (Auburn University Alum, class of 1993)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Meant to choose Buzz not "something else".

My son LOVED that ride at 4
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

I would NOT go on Buzz if he doesn't like dark scary rides. I mean, it's certainly not the Haunted Mansion, but for a 4 year old, it can be frightening. I think Dumbo would be fun. If he doesn't mind spinning, the teacups were my favorite at that age. Ohh, and definitely driving the cars at Tomorrowland Speedway. The Jungle Cruise is probably appealing to little boys. It's A Small World and Peter Pan's Flight aren't too dark and would probably be fine.
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget the stationary attractions, like Philharmagic and Mosters Inc Laugh Floor!
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Depends. Does he like Buzz/Toy Story? When my son was 4 and we went to Disney for the first time, he was all about Buzz Lightyear. He watched Toy Story 2 every day! Plus, you can shoot laser guns the entire ride. Little boys tend to love that!

If he isn't into Buzz or guns, then it might be a bit scary as there are a couple dark part of the ride. I'd then focus on Dumbo or attractions the previous poster listed.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen comments on glow in the dark bracelets used to make the kids feel secure on the dark rides. Has anyone had success with that? Most rides are dim light, not dark. If his eyes have a few minutes to adapt, will he notice?

Post Thanks / Like

My 4 year old loved Tom Sawyer Island. running around the fort and walking on the rope bridge was lots of fun. Also other favorites were, Country Bear jamboree, Dumbo, Astro Orbitor, winnie the pooh ride.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Dumbo and Aladdin are essentially the same ride. If he likes going up in the air while going in circles, it will be fun. There are often REALLY long rides for Dumbo, though. So if they would be the same to him, do Aladdin.

I voted Buzz. Yes, it's "in the dark", but there is so much lit up, that it is not scary for most kids.

I think Philharmagic is fantastic. My whole family loves that show.

Astro Orbiter might seem a bit high for some kids - others will love it. As with many of these, you just don't know until you try.

Good luck!
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the PP's but I would add Aladdin and Jungle Cruise to the list. I would also say that you should take a stab at the TTA as well as a change of pace. I think he would ablsolutely love Tom Sawyer's Island.

Have a great trip!
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

TTA (Peoplemover) may not be a good one if he's scared of the dark. It has parts that are so dark, you can't see the person next to you.

Both Dumbo and Aladdin are wonderful, and make sure the camel spits on him on Aladdin! Try to ride Dumbo early in the morning, before the lines get really long.

My 2-year-old son LOVES the Buzz Lightyear ride.

I also recommend:
    Winnie the Pooh ride
    It's a Small World
    Teacups
    Carousel

Oh, and does he like trains? He might like to ride the train around the park!

Post Thanks / Like

Of the choices in the poll I'd go with Buzz Lightyear
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Default All of them...

...and many more. If your 4YO brother is TALL ENOUGH for other rides like BTMRR (My GS's top favorite since he was 3YO and BARELY 40" tall) then there he should do them ALL - except any your brother finds scary.

Post Thanks / Like

Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Carribean
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, it should all depend on his height. If he is tall enough, he should at least try it. My son will be five when we go in May. He is at 43" right now (I really do hope he spurts that extra inch before May...). We are already talking up Splash Mountain, BTMR, ToT and Test Track. I am not sure about Mission: Space. I think I will take him on the Green Mission and I will go on the Orange Mission myself.

Anyway, I want him to try those rides and determine if he likes them. Since he is already excited about the ToT and other rides, getting him on them shouldn't be a problem.

What we have been doing is using YouTube to watch ride videos so he knows what to expect. Since the facades are part of Disney's preshow, sometimes those can be very intimidating. I wanted him to know what to expect inside so the facade can be "ignored."

Post Thanks / Like

Buzz, Dumbo and Alladin are all good. Astro Orbitor not so much. Also, my kids always liked Peter Pan, Pooh, Indy Speedway and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Also, Mickey's Philharmagic is a wonderful show for the youngsters! I am sure he would like the Jungle Cruise, but Pirates may be a bit dark.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

You HAVE to add Peter Pan to that list.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

My 3 year old was "cautious" going into all the rides, but after some of them he said "that was fun" Philharmagic is a HAVE TO!! Both my kids loved it and so did we. Astros lines and elevator made my 3yr old nervous just looking at them. Buzz ride scared him. Tom Sawyer he loved! Just talk to him through the whole thing and he'll probably love it all....as long as you prepare him for whats next. Surprises aren't fun sometimes.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: