Quantcast GF Club Lvl / BC Club Lvl / or Boardwalk?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question GF Club Lvl / BC Club Lvl / or Boardwalk?

My Family and I (3 kids - 8,5,4) are taking a trip in October 2011. We are trying to decide where to stay. We have narrowed it down to Grand Floridian-Club Level / Beach Club-Club Level / or Boardwalk. Any insight would be Great! Also.. Is it worth getting club Level, if you plan on doing the Meal Plan?

YC - 2001
    Poly - 2008
    Pop - 2009
    WL - 2009
    AK - 2010
    CL - 2010

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

It all depends I think, we've done the Poly in a suite/club level with the DDP, I felt like a slob the entire trip. The first year we did it because both of my brother in laws had never been to WDW before, so we did tons of TS meals, the Castle, it was worth it, plus we enjoyed lots of cocktails that trip so the club level perk was great also. The second year at the Poly, we had such a great time and our room was like home sweet home, we did it again the DDP...again lots of TS meals--this was our Xmas trip from my parents so they love to have nice meals throughout the trip. Now last year it was just dh, kids, and I we stayed at the CR in a suite again, but not CL w/DDP it was fine(my parents went to Europe instead!) We did a few TS meals, one signature meal, but my kids are close in age to yours and really hate sitting for a long period of time unless it's a character meal. So I figure if we enjoy one non character TS meal dh and I are happy, and 1 character meal for them--my big happy medium....so we came to decide on going back to Club Level. Breakfast in the Club or room everyday, and we usually come back to go for a swim during the day so that's a perfect snack time for the kids, plus dh and I can have a cocktail before dinner, then after we're ready for the night we can get something quick at the club before heading out again. Then when we return a glass of wine for me, and some rice crispy ears for the kids and it's sweet dreams for everyone! My kids can still get away with splitting an adult meal either CS or TS, or kids meal TS for each so it's cheaper for us not to do the DDP this time, and we don't need all that food. I plan on grabbing a few pcs of fruit, a juice box, milks keep them in our room fridge for the kids(I"ll have a single stroller still just in case) Plus my kids can't go anywhere w/out their camelback water bottles, so they can fill up w/ice water/lemonade in the morning before going to the parks. Just by people watching all these trips I've learned alot. Hope you decide what's right for your family!
    As for your resort choices GF is my next trip for sure, BC was my choice this time but it was booked, and BW--I have clown issues so I won't stay there ever. To me it would all depend on the monorail perk/cost vs the price difference at the BC or BW. All the Clubs are great, the pool at BC is amazing a waterpark in itself which is great for your kids. Either way you can't make a bad decesion IMO.
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

We did BC-CL and loved every second of it! I loved being within walking distance to my favorite park, Epcot, and everything about the CL was above and beyond. We'd do it again in a heartbeat!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

My last trip down, we were on the Deluxe Dining Plan. We had soooo much food! If we had been on concierge level, I don't think we wouldn't gotten the value out of it.

The last couple of times, we have strongly considered staying at the Boardwalk Resort, so that we could stay to the very end of the night at Jellyrolls (which we love) and not have far to stumble home.

This would be the deciding factor for me: Do you spend more time at the Magic Kingdom or EPCOT? The answer to that question would help me decide where to stay. Beyond that, it's a matter of preference between Beach Club or Boardwalk.

Also consider if the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival play into your plans.

Enjoy your trip.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Can't comment on the boardwalk since it is one of the resorts we haven't done yet...but we have done club level at the GF (sugarloaf) and BC. We thought the food offerings at the GF were far superior to those of the BC. To me club level plus the dining plan would be way too much food.

As for which I would choose I would likely ask myself the question...which park will I spend the most time at....if its the MK then GF hands down. But if you love epcot and the studios (and enjoy the boardwalk area then BC is a great choice. (again can't really comment on BW since we haven't stayed there)
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: