Quantcast Rant about CBR - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rant about CBR

Post Thanks / Like

My husband put it best last night. He said that Trinidad South just feels so isolated from the rest of the resort because it's separated by the road. The walk to Old Port Royale isn't really that far.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about this experience. That is certainly frustrating. We swore off CBR 5 years ago. Some of our complaints may have been remedied since then such as room condition (our room was damp, the decor just seemed old and dated, and we could never get a good temperature), but we also found it was just too large for our taste, we didn't like the bus situation, and had an experience with Mousekeeping where they came in to clean our room even though we had left up a Do Not Disturb sign, and all of our things were moved around. Nothing was taken so far as we could tell but it was upsetting that they had been in there when we didn't want them that day. Could some of these things have happened at any resort? Sure, but we haven't experienced it. Hopefully your next trip is hassle free!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the door lock issues at POP. Only it was after midnight and we couldn't get in. I walked all the way back to the desk to be given another key card.. only to have that not work either. After walking back again, they sent someone from the desk who also had trouble. One maintenance man later and we were fixed and finally able to go to bed. Thankfully, it was not cold, I believe the card reader used batteries of some sort that needed changing. I have read reports that this issue arrises in most hotels, not only Disney.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    I've had the door lock issues at POP. Only it was after midnight and we couldn't get in. I walked all the way back to the desk to be given another key card.. only to have that not work either. After walking back again, they sent someone from the desk who also had trouble. One maintenance man later and we were fixed and finally able to go to bed. Thankfully, it was not cold, I believe the card reader used batteries of some sort that needed changing. I have read reports that this issue arrises in most hotels, not only Disney.
    We had that same issue happen to us years ago at POFQ. Really sort of upset me because we were far from the Guest Relations Desk. I had to leave my DD age 10 out standing by the door of the room while I walked back to the desk again. She was tired, we had tons of packages and it was about midnight. They didn't act like it was much of a concern to them and I complained to the manager the next day. They did take a day off of the resort bill...but that really wasn't the issue. I either had to make my DD walk back and forth twice or pray she would be ok by herself sitting outside the door until I could get us help to get in. Left sort of a bad taste in my mouth for POFQ.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

We've run into the "not locking door" thing ourselves at the FQ.

I am a paranoid person that always "tests" the door after it shuts rather than just walking out and letting it close, as I see so many other people do. That's how I discovered this ~ I have no idea how long it was like this but, unlike your experience, we had a wonderful CM there and fixed in about 5 minutes!!

Too bad about your experience . . .
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: