Quantcast Crowds in the parks this week? Anyone there?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crowds in the parks this week? Anyone there?

I am heading down on Thursday, and just wondered, now that the Marathon is over, and MLK has passed, are things calming down at all? I know people have been posting that crowds have been unusually heavy recently, so just wondered if anyone down there now has noticed any difference.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We're headed down thursday as well, but our first day in the parks won't be until saturday. Here's to hoping for light crowds and great weather!
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depends

We were there last week. I know Monday was MLK day but I was surprised at how crowded the whole week was. The big thing is there were hundreds of groups of 50 from Brazil! I think there were days I heard more Portuguese being spoken then English. Sunday Jan 16th through Thursday the 20th you had to use fast pass to get on what you wanted to. Then Friday the 21st we were in MK and it was like a different park, no groups, no crowds, no waits! We did not use fast pass once that day.

The only thing we did not get to do last week was Fantasmic. The 6:30 showing was at capacity before it started filling, and I believe by the looks of the line, the 8:00 showing was full before the 6:30 started!

I talked to one person from Brazil who told me January, February and the first 2 weeks of March is when they come to WDW. And come they do, in hoards!!!

I hope for you that the crowds are better next week.
    So many trips I can't count them all.
    Aug 15-17, 2003 CS
    Sept 26-28,2003 AKL
    Oct 25-26, 2003 ASMo
    Nov 7-9, 2003 CS
    Sept 22-26, 2005 ASMo
    April 2007
    Oct 21-24, 2009
    Jan 15-21, 2011 Camping at FW!!
    Nov 3-6, 2011 1st time to DLR!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! I'm flying in on Thursday as well. I was there last year and saw lots of tour groups from Brazil. Still, the crowds weren't bad. In fact, they were great. I'm hoping for the same this year. Either way, no heat and little rain means a good trip.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Last 3 out of 4 years we have gone this week. Crowds were never bad, except for TSM at DS. Had booked for this week till National Sales Meeting caused me to reschedule for 2 weeks later.
    bob6572
    DVC MEMBER SSR
    May 99
    Jan 03
    Feb 04
    Dec 05
    Jan 07, BWV
    Jan 09, BWV
    Jan 2010, BWV
    Feb 2011, BWV
    April 2013, AKL
    January 2014, BCV
    April 2015, AKL/GFV

Post Thanks / Like

We are going on Feb. 3. Crowds this time of year are typically fairly light. January is usually the month for all of the South American tour groups, b/c those schools are on their summer break now. They usually taper off by late Jan/early Feb. Still, from my past experience, late Jan/early Feb (between MLK and Presidents day) is a great time to go.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Default - See you there

I'm flying out Wednesday (after being away for 3 years).

I hope for light crowds, but I'm going to try to get to the parks early, early & have fun, fun.

I can't believe I'm almost there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody. I was just there in September, which typically for us is a fantastic time to go, yet for some reason this past year, it was way more crowded than any of the previous 7 years we have gone. I'm VERY much looking forward to a trip without the heat! I will have fun regardless of the crowd, but I will have a ton more fun if the crowds are light! Well, since there are some of you going the same time as we are, "A Toast to a FABULOUS, MAGICAL trip to the WORLD!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

I was at MK last night (Sunday the 23rd) and it was DEAD. Granted it was cold and there was no MSEP, but I haven't seen it that empty in a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    I was at MK last night (Sunday the 23rd) and it was DEAD. Granted it was cold and there was no MSEP, but I haven't seen it that empty in a long time.
    Darn, and I was going to go!
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

Monday the 24th, VERY crowded today and tonight. Summertime levels most of the day and at ELP, Castle show & Wishes. All 3 MiSiCi's were PACKED at the HUB.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
    Monday the 24th, VERY crowded today and tonight. Summertime levels most of the day and at ELP, Castle show & Wishes. All 3 MiSiCi's were PACKED at the HUB.
    Wow, on a Monday?! Not good!
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out my live reports in the "trip planning" section. Crowds were extremely light until yesterday, but they were nowhere near summer levels not by a long shot. It was more like a busy weekend day but it should have been expected with MK hosting p.m. EMH's & an Electrical Parade. We had no issues touring, just used fastpass more than the rest of the time we were here.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    but they were nowhere near summer levels not by a long shot.
    You might get a far different response if you were to ask the CM's that worked the parades and
    Wishes yesterday and last night. That's all that I can say on the subject.

Post Thanks / Like

Uh, oh. Not good. I usually skip the parks with EMH for that reason, but I'm at them a lot on this trip for some reason. Hoping for a mass exodus Thursday night.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Epcot Saturday morning and it wasn't too bad more than normal for this time of year and then headed over to MK around 4 it was freezing and packed so we called it an early night.

Went back yesterday and was packed with people but most of the ride lines were not too bad. Lots of tour groups and if they were going on something they went in large groups and that seem to slow everything down. So as long as you avoided the groups it was not too bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy!!!! Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

You might get a far different response if you were to ask the CM's that worked the parades and
    Wishes yesterday and last night. That's all that I can say on the subject.
    I actually overheard cast members being asked if they wanted to go home early during the day. Maybe they cut too much?? I was at the 5:40 MiSiCi parade & it was much less crowded than last Nov & June when I was there.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    I actually overheard cast members being asked if they wanted to go home early during the day. Maybe they cut too much?? I was at the 5:40 MiSiCi parade & it was much less crowded than last Nov & June when I was there.
    Actually, there were extensions being asked as early as 1 pm because of turnstile loads and a lot of us parade CM's had to be extended to get the quests to the exits after Wishes.

Main St. was almost totally gridlocked at the Plaza after Wishes and we were directing everyone north of the Plaza to the East bypass.

No one on parades or turnstiles were getting ER's, just the opposite, they were asking people to extend.

Post Thanks / Like

Well our MK day on our trip is on an EMH evenings day. But, it is also SB Sunday, which tends to be a fairly light day in the parks, especially as the day goes on and people leave to watch the SB. Unfortunately someone in my group is a big Steelers fan, so we will be leaving at 5:30 or so to watch the SB, otherwise I bet the EMH that day (being during the SB) would be a GREAT time to be there.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: