Quantcast Go Steelers - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Go Steelers

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I'm very happy to have Roethlisberger as my team's quarterback and I'm thrilled we're heading for Dallas. It was great to walk around Disney World Sunday and Monday wearing our Steelers gear and carrying our Terrible Towels in anticipation of the game and then in celebration of the Steelers victory.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    Personally, I'm very happy to have Roethlisberger as my team's quarterback and I'm thrilled we're heading for Dallas. It was great to walk around Disney World Sunday and Monday wearing our Steelers gear and carrying our Terrible Towels in anticipation of the game and then in celebration of the Steelers victory.
    I'm glad the Steelers won, and I'm really glad you got to enjoy it at your favorite place! How cool!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My point was that most players/coaches trainers are not all that innocent. Ben is not the only one to have accusations brought against him.

As far as Ray Lewis I don't think he got a game suspension for getting convicted of a crime but yet Ben who was not convicted of any crime had a 4 game suspension- nor did Vick- no suspension once he was able to return to the NFL after serving his prison sentence- just doesn't seem right to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yjgirl32 View Post
    My point was that most players/coaches trainers are not all that innocent. Ben is not the only one to have accusations brought against him.

As far as Ray Lewis I don't think he got a game suspension for getting convicted of a crime but yet Ben who was not convicted of any crime had a 4 game suspension- nor did Vick- no suspension once he was able to return to the NFL after serving his prison sentence- just doesn't seem right to me.
    Michael Vick was suspended for the first 2 games of the 2009 season. As far as Ray Lewis, the commissioner was different. Under Roger Goodell that the suspensions for personal conduct came to be.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I'm glad the Steelers won, and I'm really glad you got to enjoy it at your favorite place! How cool!
    Thanks Sherri! I just wish I could afford a trip to the Super Bowl!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yjgirl32 View Post
    Your explanation (in your first line) makes sense...
    I do wish you had said that back in your original post. and then continued on with your position.

I am a firm believer that everyone screws up, some more than others. I like to believe that people will learn from these mistakes, and be better people for it. ( I said this back when vick was being reinstated )

and good luck to the steelers. I think this could be quite the game...

Post Thanks / Like

NFL= National Felons League

I'm tired of all the back and forth (not just on this board but in my circle of friends and family) of which crime is worse than another etc. The fact that there are so many ex-convicts and guys accused but "never convicted" shows It all comes down to the level of talent and the almighty dollar. How quickly people forget your crimes when you're doing well on the field.

As far as it being "He said-she said" about how people feel about Big Ben, in my neck of the woods I know plenty of men who find his actions disgusting. Whether he actually committed a crime against those women or not, he clearly had a pattern of unacceptable behavior for a man in such a position or else he wouldn't have been suspended. He was the one going around plying women with drinks and then letting his bodyguards handle the damge. The woman bringing the most recent allegations dropped the case, and she and her attorney are the only ones who truly know why. I think it's really a shame to pass these woman off as "gold diggers" when none of except those involved truly know what happened.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    As far as it being "He said-she said" about how people feel about Big Ben, in my neck of the woods I know plenty of men who find his actions disgusting. Whether he actually committed a crime against those women or not, he clearly had a pattern of unacceptable behavior for a man in such a position or else he wouldn't have been suspended. He was the one going around plying women with drinks and then letting his bodyguards handle the damge. The woman bringing the most recent allegations dropped the case, and she and her attorney are the only ones who truly know why. I think it's really a shame to pass these woman off as "gold diggers" when none of except those involved truly know what happened.
    Since this was obviously directed at me, I'll answer.

I never said they these particular women were gold diggers. Please don't put words in my mouth. I said that athletes are the prime targets for gold diggers.

Duke Lacrosse team anyone? See how everyone pretty much had them hung, drawn and quartered for what they did to that "poor woman" before the truth came out?

Mike Tyson anyone? Do you really think he "forced himself" on that woman? Cause you know, she was so innocent that she thought they were going back to his hotel room at 2:00 am to play cards, right? And hey, even though the medical examiner said she showed not one sign of being forced to do anything, not one hint that there was any crime, he was thrown in jail and his career ruined.

All I said was that I give them the benefit of the doubt until they are PROVEN guilty.

Thousands of men in this country go to bars every weekend and ply women with drinks to try to get somewhere with them. Last time I checked, that's not a crime. Women also have the option of not accepting those drinks, am I wrong?

The fact that the media is so into celebrities' lives is what makes this into the story it is. And before anyone blasts me or calls me anything, think about this.

By today's standards, and with today's media, Babe Ruth would have been in jail and suspended.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post

All I said was that I give them the benefit of the doubt until they are PROVEN guilty.

Thousands of men in this country go to bars every weekend and ply women with drinks to try to get somewhere with them. Last time I checked, that's not a crime. Women also have the option of not accepting those drinks, am I wrong?

The fact that the media is so into celebrities' lives is what makes this into the story it is. And before anyone blasts me or calls me anything, think about this.

By today's standards, and with today's media, Babe Ruth would have been in jail and suspended.
    So, according to this train of thought, I should never accept drinks from a man in a bar or anything that could possibly happen I am to blame? So trust no one, eh?

And Babe Ruth should have gone to jail for some of his actions which were covered up by the old boys' club.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Ok folks, please keep your discussion to the game at hand. This forum is not intended as the place to delve into the moral actions of professional athletes.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    So, according to this train of thought, I should never accept drinks from a man in a bar or anything that could possibly happen I am to blame? So trust no one, eh?
    Last comment and then back to the discussion at hand.

Unfortunately in this day and age, yes. You shouldn't trust anyone. If a man is buying a woman drink after drink after drink, or "plying them with drinks" which is what was said and what I replied to, he's obviously after one thing and one thing only. Therefore, if someone - in 2011 - isn't smart enough to figure that out, then they are to blame for whatever happens to them.

It's called common sense.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: