Quantcast American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    There are two factors involved. One, most of the people who vote on Idol I believe are female, and if you watch most reality shows, women go after women first. In the case of Idol, it just means not voting for them.
    But I think for some reason this has become much more pronounced in the most recent seasons.This is the most lopsided I can remember it being.
    Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I don't know anyone who likes Pia, with the exception of a few here apparently. I was too sick to watch the results show and one of my least favorites got the boot. I might have to not watch next week. Maybe we'll lose Jacob.
    I liked her. I didn't LOVE her. I thought her voice was amazing but something was lacking in stage presence. I said the same thing about Carrie Underwood when she was on the show. She was a robot! But now she's amazing. I think with time Pia could really develop into something special. She was definitely better than Stefano, and more consistent than Jacob.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as Pia's voice is amazing, she bored me every time she took the stage. I agree that Stefano should have gone first... but Pia was bound go next anyway...

I disagree with the thought that they used the save too early. IMO saving Casey just showed once again that AI wants to take the show to a new... different... level. I love the wide variety of talent and types of artists this season - I think that is the primary reason the show is so good this season!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lettripp View Post
    As much as Pia's voice is amazing, she bored me every time she took the stage. I agree that Stefano should have gone first... but Pia was bound go next anyway...

I disagree with the thought that they used the save too early. IMO saving Casey just showed once again that AI wants to take the show to a new... different... level. I love the wide variety of talent and types of artists this season - I think that is the primary reason the show is so good this season!

I agree that I love the variety this season has to offer! My personal top 3 is Paul, Casey & James. I personally think Jacob should have gone before Pia, but she certainly would have gone the net vote after that. She had a great voice, but was very boring. She lacked the stage presence, charisma, personality, and marketability that an American Idol must have. Bottom line, great voice, but IMHO she lacked "Star Power"
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been a fan of Pia, as many are saying I just found her boring. It does look like she has landed on her feet though as it is widely being reported she has signed a recording contract for Interscope Records with mentor Jimmy Iovine.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ugh

Just popping in, I actually watched last night (I usually don't get a chance to watch til later in the week.) Man I'm just so not really digging anyone. Casey was good, and I do like him, think he is talented but everyone else was just ho-hum to me. It was a very boring show in general to me. I guess since this thread is over ten days without posting you guys feel the same way
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I felt ho-hum about last night with the exception of two acts: James' version of the Muse hit was UNBELIEVABLE and of course, Casey's surprise kiss was the most memorable moment of the night (and made the judges ignore any mistakes he made during the song lol)!

I was sad for Jacob last night - I have always been a fan and he poured his soul out on stage. The judges have been telling him to hold back and have more control, and now they want him to break out again. He is incredibly talented and I blame the judges' mixed messages for his downward spiral!

In general, I've liked the judges more this year than in years past (I mean, ca mon, Simon would NEVER have gone on a cursing spree leaving us all in stitches) but I'm not so sure anymore. Some weeks, they are too positive (and I feel like Simon on my couch) and other weeks, they target specific singers with negatives and are positive to others who didn't necessarily blow the audience away. I'll keep watching and voting for my favorites, but I may start fast forwarding through the judges' comments .
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I thought James, Haley, and Casey were all amazing last night, loved them. Not sure everyone will love Haley as much. She doesn't seem to be connecting really well with the audience. But it was a great song choice for her and I love that she sang and didn't growl and showed us her real talent. Scotty always does what Scotty does, but I think it might be getting stale for him in this forum and going first didn't do him any favors.

I've never been a fan of Jacob, but I think he has done really well in the past two weeks with showing some restraint. Still, I think the judges are right to give him the feedback. When he goes big, he goes too big. When he holds back, maybe he holds back a little too much or it shows that maybe he's not yet as polished as he could be. It might be confusing advice, but it is constructive and he is missing something that he needs to find. Lauren is one of my favorites, but she also still needs work. And Stefano, well, I think his time is up.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's a boring season per say. I'd be posting a lot more but I just don't have a lot of time :/
    James is my favorite. Even my husband, who has always hated Idol and is a tough critic, is digging him. I was watching it on DVR this morning and he had to take a shower, but he waited until after James' performance. James is a great entertainer. I liked Haley and Casey as well. The rest of them, I don't really care about.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I don't like Scotty, I think I dislike Haley even more. I don't think she can sing, and I know she can't handle criticism.

I still want James, but at this point, I don't really care who wins. James has been the most consistent and he has the best voice and personality. But again, I don't really care...I just want Haley out so I don't have to listen to her anymore!
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Haley will be sent packing this week for her attitude alone let alone that she's not that great a singer. What mean eyes that girl gets whenever the judges say anything negetive about her.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I like James, but I think he has been beyond awful in the past two weeks. He could not hit a note in Don't Stop Believin. It was all shriek, no skill. But the judges, and the audience love him, so I must be missing something. At least, I like his personality, if that's what AI has become.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I think Haley is getting a bum deal. I like her voice a lot. She doesn't always choose the best songs but there is a quality to her voice that makes her more unique than your run of the mill pop vocalist. I agree that she shouldn't back talk the judges but I can understand her frustration. She is really the only one that ever gets criticized at all. Even Lauren talked to reporters last night and said that she doesn't agree with how Haley always gets called out on flaws but no one else really does, and how she herself has had some off nights where they've let her slide without much comment.

Scotty for instance- That second song in particular was corny as heck. I mean, it was funny in the 1950s-that was straight up Big Bopper schtick. "Hellloooo bayyybbyyyy. Do I WHAT? Can I WHAT? OOh baby that's what I like!" And I thought Lauren did an OK job on Trouble but she really should've picked a different song. Lastly Randy is very contradictory. To Haley, he says you chose the wrong song, but then with James he always says it doesn't matter what you sing if you have a good voice.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I am out. "vote for the worst" must have been in full mode last night. Haley was awful, besides being combative with Randy Jackson. I guess I will be putting new line on my fishing reels the next couple of weeks..
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

I did not get to watch the show because I am out of town, but I did check the results. Wow. I really thought it would end up being James and Scotty in the final two. I agree with Sherri though that James hasn't been quite as good the past two weeks, but I thought his Love Potion, which was the last song of the night, was a fun performance. He's the only total package, and I really hope he gets a deal. I'm going on the record, I think Scotty is winning.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Missy_Mouses_Dad View Post
    I am out. "vote for the worst" must have been in full mode last night. Haley was awful, besides being combative with Randy Jackson. I guess I will be putting new line on my fishing reels the next couple of weeks..
    I thought Haley was good in her second song, and she has a lot of talent. I also think that people responded with support to her attitude because it's really unbelievable that Randy went off on Haley like he did, but blew all that smoke to puff up James after what was really a terrible performance on Don't Stop Believing. If vote for the worst had any impact, Casey would not have gone home. Twice. Surprisingly, he was their guy earlier on.

But seriously, James went home? I missed the show, but that's what it seems Maryanne is saying. I am shocked because I thought he had tremendous fan support.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post

But seriously, James went home? I missed the show, but that's what it seems Maryanne is saying. I am shocked because I thought he had tremendous fan support.
    Yes it was James! I read a recap. Apparently Ryan announced it would be 2 girls in the top 3 and the look on James face pretty much said he knew he was toast. He got Daughtry'd despite Ryan's warning!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Yes it was James! I read a recap. Apparently Ryan announced it would be 2 girls in the top 3 and the look on James face pretty much said he knew he was toast. He got Daughtry'd despite Ryan's warning!
    Well, the good news is that it didn't hurt Daughtry any, so James can walk away with that and rock on. I think he needs some lessons on vocal control to stay in range when he's reaching for those notes, but no doubt he will have a successful career. He seemed to be a fan favorite, so I am surprised.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

My theory is that the judges purposely give harsh criticism to ones they want to get through the voting.

Case in point: when Sanjaya was on (remember that train wreck?) Simon was interviewed and he as much as said that the judges knew that he (Sanjaya) would get the sympathy vote if they were overly critical. The week they told him he was fantastic was the week he went home.

Makes sense to me. Pick on someone and everyone feels bad and picks up the phone to show their support for the underdog. If they do well, at least from the judges standpoint, then voters may be inclined to think that they are already safe so why bother picking up the phone.

James is a great performer, he just chose the wrong week to be an all out rocker dude If he would have done something more "mainstream" I think he would still be in it.

Not loving this season...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joeybun View Post
    James is a great performer, he just chose the wrong week to be an all out rocker dude If he would have done something more "mainstream" I think he would still be in it.

Not loving this season...
    Yes, I think you're right on the underdog theory, and on James picking the wrong presentation. The songs were fine choices. He just needed to show some range and subtlety instead of hammering out the same rock-shriek performance every week.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I was disappointed that my favorite was eliminated, but I was even more disappointed in Jordin Sparks. She's classier than that performance/song...or so I thought.
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: