Quantcast Any CM's out there know if more Brazilian tour groups are on their way??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Any CM's out there know if more Brazilian tour groups are on their way??

Seems as if the last few weeks have plagued many Intercotees who have been at Disney with these tour groups, and I am just wondering if anyone "in the know", who either works at the value resorts (where they mostly stay) or in the parks in a "planning" capacity (who might know ahead of time that these groups are arriving), knows whether or not these groups are done for January.

We're arriving the last week/weekend of the month, and I really would love to not have to put up with them again.

When I was there 2 years ago, they were everywhere, and they really ruined Illuminations for those around them every night they were at Epcot. As well, the resorts didn't do a very good job w/ the busing, and we ended up behind them in line one night, waiting almost 2 hours to get back to our resort. The resort was overrun w/ them, and I was locked out of my room one night for an hour and a half b/c the "runner" for the resort was so busy catering to these kids that they had to finally get another "runner" from another resort to come & help. It was craziness.

So -- I am hoping against hope & keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that maybe the bulk of these groups are done... but would love to hear from anyone who might know for sure, one way or another.

(and just a word to the wise to anyone who IS caught at a park with them at night -- when the fireworks are over?? RUN to your bus stop as fast as you can, if you are staying at a value resort, or you will be waiting & waiting & waiting....)
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The schools and work resume in Brazil in February, so most folks will return home by then. I have some good friends in both Sao Paulo and Rio de Janerio, and they have advised me that EVERY person in Brazil who can afford it goes to Disney World in January! (Now, I'm sure they must be exagerating, but I know what they mean)

The families that were touring were wonderful, it was just the big groups we had troubles with.

By the way, if you are willing to shell out about $15, walk to the Boardwalk after Illluminations (about a 5 minute or less walk) and take a cab. It is SO much easier and we were in our room by 9:40PM. It is definately worth the $15.
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    (and just a word to the wise to anyone who IS caught at a park with them at night -- when the fireworks are over?? RUN to your bus stop as fast as you can, if you are staying at a value resort, or you will be waiting & waiting & waiting....)
    This is sometimes why we've sat and lingered.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back on Monday....the large groups were everywhere. Especially bad at Hollywood Studios where the streets tend to narrow. The group leader would just stop and wait for the 50+ people in the group. I did not realize there would be some many groups. At one point, we were waiting for Fantasmic and over half of the audience broke into the national anthem for Brazil and stood up clapping....they are very patriotic.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

First visit to Disney World 1991
    Countless visits since
    Most recent: Oct 2006
    November 2006
    Feb 2007
    June 2007
    October 2007-2 weeks
    Feb 2008
    June 2008
    Feb 2009
    Oct 2009- HHI Disney Vacation
    Jan 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I also suggest to just sit and linger. I have two small children and we would rather sit down somewhere in the park and watch everyone leave and then eventually take off for the bus stop after everyone else has gone. It really is quite enjoyable.
    WDW trips 76-77 off site 78-83 Vacation Villas 85,88, Club Lake Villas 88-89-91,95,99-00,03-05,07-08,09-11 Caribbean Beach 96-98,02 Boardwalk Villas 06 Boardwalk Inn/
    Go Boilers!![/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Still wondering if any CM's out there have the answer to whether or not there are more tour groups scheduled to arrive this month??

And as to the sit & linger idea... it sounds great, trust me... and it is exactly what we did the night we waited over 2 hrs at MK to get back to our resort. We thought we'd just let the tour groups go ahead, and we'd enjoy the ambiance and grab a bus once they'd gone. Trust me -- if your resort is also theirs, you will sit & linger -- forever. With small children, I would esp. not give this a go, b/c the parks close rather quickly after the fireworks, and I saw many families trying to keep their little ones occupied for the hours we waited -- curbside, as the park had been closed for at least an hour. Just food for thought... (and hopefully Disney is handling it better now... I'm sure the resort DM's heard about it from many people...)
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

We are here today the 24th and the MK is literally overrun with them. They are everywhere. Before lunch there was a 45 minute wait for the Pirate ride. It is insane. They are so rude. The ferry captain agreed with us! I don't know what park they are going to tomorrow, but I wish I could find out...so I can avoid them. So far, my husband has proclaimed this will be our last Disney trip... at least in Jan.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a CM, but I've heard they usually taper off by Feb. Seems that now is summer break from Brazilian schools. See this entry from Wikipedia for more info...

The Brazilian school year usually begins during the first week of February. There is a 3-week long winter break in July. The Brazilian school year ends in December, summer in Brazil.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BiloxiMom View Post
    We are here today the 24th and the MK is literally overrun with them. They are everywhere. Before lunch there was a 45 minute wait for the Pirate ride. It is insane. They are so rude. The ferry captain agreed with us! I don't know what park they are going to tomorrow, but I wish I could find out...so I can avoid them. So far, my husband has proclaimed this will be our last Disney trip... at least in Jan.
    Yikes.... I was hoping they'd be on their way home this week. We arrive Thursday, so here's to hoping they'll be packing up soon...

Thanks for the update!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws View Post
    Not a CM, but I've heard they usually taper off by Feb. Seems that now is summer break from Brazilian schools. See this entry from Wikipedia for more info...

The Brazilian school year usually begins during the first week of February. There is a 3-week long winter break in July. The Brazilian school year ends in December, summer in Brazil.
    Thanks for the note... those dates are good to know! At least I can assume they will be back in school in August...
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

I am just hoping that the "first week of February" means they will be back to school when I am going, Feb. 3 - Feb. 7. I haven been to WDW during the times when they are flocking and they are a rowdy bunch to say the least.

In 2002 I worked retail at WDW, specifically at ToT, RnC and F! Selling at F! for the hour or so before the show started during the times when the Brazilian groups were there was always an experience. Usually entire sections of seats would be taken up by these groups, all waving flags, randomly breaking out into song, etc. One time there was an Argentinian group in one section, and a Brazilian group on the opposite side. They got into big, loud singing matches, singing their respective anthems. It was wild.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Well apparently they were at AK today. Maybe they will leave now. We were at Epcot today and only saw 1 group. Epcot was very quiet today. Yay!

Post Thanks / Like

on our last trip (july a few years back) we ran in to a few groups such as this. It made us laugh to see the leader with the flag flying high so all could "follow the leader". Since my sweet wife was our leader, she would often through her hand up triumphently and walk as we moved from place to place on our adventure... I have a picture of her and it makes me laugh every time i see it!
    does the bird show at AK still play off the issue and use it as a part of theplot during their performance?
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back yesterday and they were all over the place.They were loud and a bit obnoxious but they are just kids and the truth is,they were no worse than American kids,just a little louder and a heck of alot more of them and they sure do like to sing alot but over all they were pretty good kids.
    My only complaint would be is that they seem to walk with 3-5 abreast and you had better move or they will run you over but I found that with the adults as well as the kids.If it bothers you,don't stay at a Value resort like we did.I think that it's back to the moderates for us!
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

We did talk to a very nice Brazilian woman and she said that January and February are their summer.I didn't realize this so it's food for thought.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

As far as I'm concerned, Disney world is a place of dreams for all nations and us Brazilians absolutely LOVE it!
    Disney itself always come to Brazil and makes efforts to keep Brazilians going there and being one of the countries that go there the most.
    So, I would just ask u guys to be a little more concerned about these kinds of preconceived topics.
    After all, we are all "disney freaks"...
    Alisson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alissantos View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, Disney world is a place of dreams for all nations and us Brazilians absolutely LOVE it!
    Disney itself always come to Brazil and makes efforts to keep Brazilians going there and being one of the countries that go there the most.
    So, I would just ask u guys to be a little more concerned about these kinds of preconceived topics.
    After all, we are all "disney freaks"...
    Very well said! I am surprised at how one group of people could be singled out and posted here without the slightest bit of concern for others who might read these posts.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

apologizing if my post was offensive...
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Your post was not offensive, Frog. No need to apologize...
    I just get a little sad when, in a place like Intercot, where we were supposed to exchange valuable ideas of our "favorite place on earth", we spend our times reading bad comments like these ones about behaviours of specific nations, bringing the idea of bad stereotypes and almost prejudice.
    I hope we can share the spirit of Disney here and not the opposite...
    Alisson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alissantos View Post
    I just get a little sad when, in a place like Intercot, where we were supposed to exchange valuable ideas of our "favorite place on earth", we spend our times reading bad comments like these ones about behaviours of specific nations, bringing the idea of bad stereotypes and almost prejudice.
    I hope we can share the spirit of Disney here and not the opposite...
    Nicely said! Thanks for your input!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: