Quantcast What are the crows like in early/mid June?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What are the crows like in early/mid June?

So this is our first trip with the whole family (son, mil, bil, sil, 2kids) besides my husband and I. Getting a little anxious about going with a big group let alone a 14 month old! What are the crowds like in June?? We are looking at the 4th - 12th..
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Whew! I was going to tell you I didn't really remember seeing any crows and they certainly weren't a problem!

Early June can be a bit unpredictable, crowd-wise. I've been in early June to find the crowds far less than I expected and was really pleased. The next year, we went around the same time and found the crowds to be heavier than expected. I'd count on moderate crowds and be pleased if they were any less.

With good planning, I think you'll be able to accomplish what you'd like and be happy!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The crows aren't too bad but watch out for some of the ducks at Animal Kingdom. If you are eating at the Flame Tree and you are down by the water they can be quite agressive.

I'm sorry - for some reason your wee typo just REALLY hit my funny bone tonight, and since I had no intelligent answer to your question...well, you know!

Post Thanks / Like

I imagine the first week of June will be heavier than before due to that week being a free dining week.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Two species of crow have been listed as endangered by the US fish and wildlife services: The ʻAlalā and the Mariana Crow. The American Crow, despite having its population reduced by 45% since 1999 by the West Nile Virus, is considered a Species of Least Concern.

Post Thanks / Like

It seriously took me 10 minutes to figure out what was going on haha.
    thanks for the information on the crows everyone!
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)

Post Thanks / Like

Not intended to burst your bubble, but the last time I went during June, I thought it was horribly crowded. We usually go in September, so that may be the reason I didn't like it, but it seemed extremely crowded. It was also during Star Wars weekends. I would just plan on being at the parks at rope drop to beat some of the crowds and use your fast passes wisely.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

We will be there at the same time so let's hope that the crows (which we have way too many of here) and the crowds will both be manageable.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there too...May 31-June 9th...

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't feed the crows, you'll be ok. Seriously, there are signs everywhere saying don't feed the animals and people do it anyway.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, 2 Your title is intriguing.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

For the most part, for us anyway, the crowds werent all that bad. We got on and of rides pretty well and had room to walk
    Tinkerbellfan246:D

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get the "crowds aren't bad" thing. Sure, they're not closing the gates at 2pm for capacity. But when I went in mid-June, crowds were pretty heavy - which is to be expected in the summer. For instance, I remember a few ride wait times from that trip:

Rockin'Rollercoaster - 75 minutes (posted, actual was about 90)
    Splash Mountain - 75 minutes
    Kali River Rapids - 80 minutes
    Test Track - 75 minutes

I remember these because our next trip was in February, and the crowds were much smaller. Summer is going to have big crowds. Can't get around it.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about the crows, but I did see a seagull take off with a man's WHOLE fish in England this afternoon. He was beside himself that $8 flew away. I asked a CM if he could get more fish since the birds took it, and they gave him a whole new serving. Dern crows, er, seagulls.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, crows aside...Most of our trips have been mid-June to early July. Crowds are large, but manageable. Parks are open later at night. If you go early, use fast passes, take a break, and, like us, park hop for the evening, you will get to do just about everything. The best kept secret is that fast passes can be used anytime after the initial time on the day of issue...so you can collect fast passes for favorites, and do them after your break. And if you couple FP's with child swap, you can literally double your pleasure! For MK, PoC, HoP, CoP, and occasionally, HM, have virtually no lines in the mid-afternoon. For DHS, the back of the park (Star Tours, Muppets, and even Indy) tends to have short lines by early evening.
    Personally, over the years, I have enjoyed the non-bus transortation around the world...the monorails and boats, and often take breaks by roaming between parks...and stopping for treats! With almost no exceptions, the crowds have never interupted the fun and magic.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    Not sure about the crows, but I did see a seagull take off with a man's WHOLE fish in England this afternoon. He was beside himself that $8 flew away. I asked a CM if he could get more fish since the birds took it, and they gave him a whole new serving. Dern crows, er, seagulls.
    Not sure if the birds are getting bigger, or the servings are getting smaller....
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

We definitely plan to utilize the fp the best we can like we always do. It's hard to keep in mind that the pace will be completely different but I would rather see 1/4 of everything and have fun then see all of it and be stressed out. thanks for everyone's input

Post Thanks / Like

I went The June 5-9 in 2008 and It was certainly manageable We accomplished most everything and there was only one night that I can remember, at MK, where it seemed to be a little too crowded for my liking. The longest line I waited in was Mission Space for about an hour and 15 mins but that was because it broke down while we were in line, and that added about 30mins to our wait. If you use FP wisely, you shouldn't need to worry
    AP Holder since 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: