Quantcast Akerhaus or 1900 Park Fare?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Akerhaus or 1900 Park Fare?

My DD is trying to decide between Akerhus breakfast and 1900 Park Fare for dinner. We have been to the breakfast at Akerhus before and she loved it. But I kind of feel like she could get the same experience at the meet and greets with the princesses. I've heard good things about Park Fare, that the step-mother and step-sisters were very funny and that it was a little different and more interesting. Does anyone have any opinions or feedback to offer?
    It's not easy being green....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been to both and enjoyed both of them so can't really recommend one over the other.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We have done the opposite, 1900 PF for Breakfast and Akershus for dinner. I really liked Akershus with the character interaction. 1900 PF was not nearly as good for interaction but I would still do it.

I don't think the character meet and greets are as good as they use to be...so having some time at the dinner or breakfast will ensure your DD gets to meet that Character regardless of long lines in the park where you may decide you are not up to waiting. My DD prefers to meet them at the restaurants over meet and greets to avoid the lines.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Much prefer Askerhus. 1900 Park Fare was incredibly large, noisy and chaotic when we were there. Askerhus on the other hand was calm, wonderful and so pretty. Liked the food much better at Askerhus too. 1900 Park Fare was typical Disney buffet. The interaction was much better at Askerhus for us too.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I'm always up for something new, so I'd say if you've done Akershus, try Park Fare! They are very different experiences, so hard to really "compare"

Post Thanks / Like

We did Akershus last time and are doing 1900 Park Fare this time. I figured it won't hurt to try it and the 1900 PF dinner seems to get a lot of good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

We've only done 1900 Park Fare for dinner, and we love it! I like the food better that the Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's. It is a "MUST DO" dinner for us.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at the menu. If you have picky eaters, Akerhaus could be difficult. We are going to 1900 Park Fare for the third straight year. Did Norway once and didn't dig it.
    bob6572
    DVC MEMBER SSR
    May 99
    Jan 03
    Feb 04
    Dec 05
    Jan 07, BWV
    Jan 09, BWV
    Jan 2010, BWV
    Feb 2011, BWV
    April 2013, AKL
    January 2014, BCV
    April 2015, AKL/GFV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob6572 View Post
    Take a look at the menu. If you have picky eaters, Akerhaus could be difficult. We are going to 1900 Park Fare for the third straight year. Did Norway once and didn't dig it.
    True, but like all Disney establishments they have some pretty "American" choices as well. My Danish husband LOVES the Norwegian food. My daughter on the other hand can't stand it - but she got the chicken and said it was delicious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob6572 View Post
    I felt that breakfast there was mostly the usual stuff and we didn't have any problem with our picky eater. In fact, we all enjoyed it there. Now lunch looks like a different story.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We did 1900 Park Fare on our first trip with just myself and the kids. The character interaction was great. The stepsisters even started fighting over my son. One of them told him to go buy her a ring and come back. We went and got her a bubble gum machine ring and he took it back. It was hilarious and it made our trip that they would include him in their interaction even though he was 15. We didn't care too much for the food bu twe aren't adventurous eaters either. We are steak and potato kind of eaters.
    Me DD 15 DD 15 DS17 DH

MARCH 2008 OFFSITE
    ME, DS13 DD13 DS15

MARCH 2009 POR
    ME, DH DD14 DD14

SEPTEMBER 2011
    ME, DH, DD15 DD15
    16TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: