Quantcast Which Monorail hotel?? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Of the three, we've only stayed at CR and we loved it, even with 5yo DD. Poly & GF are nice too, so I think you'll be fine no matter the final choice.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We loved our stay at the GF last summer and were a little disappointed with our Poly stay on the spring break before that. We thought our room at the Poly was pretty shabby - there was paint peeling off the back of the door and the carpets were stained.

I agree with what the PP said about the pools and restaurants at the GF vs. Poly. We found the pools at the GF to be more relaxing and less crowded and we liked the restaurant offerings more.
    2003 - CBR and AKL
    2004 - Pop, BC, and WL
    2005 - Dolphin, GF, BC, and Poly
    2006 - POR and CSR
    2007 - CBR and AKL
    2008 - AKL and BC
    2009 - Poly and BC
    2010 - ESPN weekend at BWI - Grown Ups Only!

Post Thanks / Like

poly bc of the location. you can get to T&T center, monorail, or bus. How cool is that! I also really love their restaurants, their beach, and their pool. Best of everything really. I like the grand floridian to hang out at but im not sure it is my forte to stay there. it seems kinda retirement community like.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I will let you know in May when we stay at the CR. While I read that somebody said the CR isn't kid-friendly, I wouldn't totally agree with that. While it is rather "sterile" by Disney standards, it has the best access to the MK, Epcot, the other MK resorts, and Fort Wilderness. It also has the best view of the MK, if you choose to pay for it.

For me, being able to walk to the MK, and have direct access to the monorail inside the hotel for the Epcot ride is a big plus when you have children.

And, from my personal experience, I was always in awe of that hotel and I loved going to it since I was a wee lad. This will be my first time staying there.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with several posts about the CR being more Vegas and less of a Disney feel to it.
    I loved the MK view and the convenience of the monorail, but I would probably not stay at CR again. The Poly is warmer and more of a "resort" feel to it, and the GF is very elegant. Good luck with your choice.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Poly!!!!!!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poly

The Poly is my favorite. It's an escape from the "real world". The GF and CR still feel like hotels, while the Poly feels like Adeventureland. However, as others posted, the Poly rooms need some work. This December my room had some peeling paint. We didn't mind though, you can't beat the gas lit torches and the bamboo etc on the walkways around the place! I completely forget about work when I'm at the Poly.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: