Quantcast NFL Week #15: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    The videos are not the bad thing bro. Power to him. It's what was said in their "profile" on a certain website that was .... not very "admirable".
    Umm yeah ... that's an understatement!

I will say, though, that I agree with Rex. It's a private matter and I think it should be out of bounds. It's not like he did anything wrong ... it's not a woman other than his wife or a child or a yak or anything.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed that he's really done nothing wrong, but to call it a private matter?

If you're a public figure and you want something to remain private, somehow posting it all over the internet doesn't seem the way to do that.

You make this public record, you better be wearing a bulletproof vest.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yeah, that's a fair point. Although to keep things totally balanced you do have to recognize that he posted the offending profile online before he became the coach of the Jets.

Most of the stories I've read indicate that the online persona related to Mr. & Mrs. Rex pretty much disappeared right around the time Rex was hired in New York.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Could we possibly get hard knocks into that locker room this week? I'd love to see how all of the players joke about it...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yeah, that's a fair point. Although to keep things totally balanced you do have to recognize that he posted the offending profile online before he became the coach of the Jets.

Most of the stories I've read indicate that the online persona related to Mr. & Mrs. Rex pretty much disappeared right around the time Rex was hired in New York.
    He was a coach on the Ravens at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

He was a coach on the Ravens at the time.
    Yeah, but come on ... being a relatively unknown assistant coach in Baltimore is in no way comparable to being the head coach of a football franchise in the largest city in the country. Taking the Jets job raised his public profile a tad, wouldn't you say?

btw my New York peeps, nice game by the G'ints yesterday! They really came out and played hard and ... oh wait, no they didn't.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but come on ... being a relatively unknown assistant coach in Baltimore is in no way comparable to being the head coach of a football franchise in the largest city in the country. Taking the Jets job raised his public profile a tad, wouldn't you say?
    Bro, come on is right! He wasn't an "unknown coach," he was the D coordinator! Unless you're a complete idiot, you have to know the chance exists you'll get a head coaching job!

btw my New York peeps, nice game by the G'ints yesterday! They really came out and played hard and ... oh wait, no they didn't.
    Us New Yorkers might have had something to say about Philly, but it seems that it was too cold and windy for the widdle Eagles to pway on Sunday.

BTW, I hate the G-Men now anyway. Cowher said he was interested in the Giants, Dolphins and Texans in that order. Sporano is as good as fired, so here I am thinking we get Cowher for Christmas. Now the Giants had to go and unravel, and it appears Coughlin is a goner.

Thanks Eli!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Unless you're a complete idiot, you have to know the chance exists you'll get a head coaching job!
    This could be where the problem lies ... I'm not sure Rex is the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    2. Be careful, there's a good chance we'll see each other one more time next month.
    Oops.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Pretty unbelievable how one play, or even one of several, can move a team from maybe the two seed to out of the playoffs.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yep. Pretty unbelievable how one play, or even one of several, can move a team from maybe the two seed to out of the playoffs.
    I definitely don't mean to say I told you say, because honestly I wasn't sure myself, but I really think they just couldn't recover after that Eagles loss. Even Coughlin himself said as much after it was all over.

It's really, really hard to get that up for a game (maybe too up based on Coughlin's comments), have it all going your way, get on that super-high the Giants were on feeling like they had the division all sewn up, and then have it ripped away from you (or give it away, depending on your perspective) in the final 7 minutes of the game. That has to leave you reeling.

To be quite honest, the Giants one Achilles heel this year was the fact that they couldn't hold on to the ball. If they don't commit those incredibly costly turnovers (like Eli's late game fumble in the first Eagles matchup) they're in the playoffs and the Eagles are home. I have no problem admitting that, top to bottom, the Giants are a better and more complete team than the Eagles. For whatever reason, they just keep shooting themselves in the foot in the second half of the season.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Even more unbelievable how a 7-9 team is somehow HOSTING a playoff game against an 11-5 team.

The NFL needs to seed like hockey. This is ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Even more unbelievable how a 7-9 team is somehow HOSTING a playoff game against an 11-5 team.

The NFL needs to seed like hockey. This is ridiculous.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

To be quite honest, the Giants one Achilles heel this year was the fact that they couldn't hold on to the ball.
    Yea, I think I read 42 turnovers and still won 10 games. Their special teams (except the FG kicker) was also terrible, must be addressed.

I don't have a problem with Seattle hosting. They won their divivison and deserve it. NO had a chance to win theirs, but didn't... sorry.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a problem with Seattle hosting. They won their divivison and deserve it. NO had a chance to win theirs, but didn't... sorry.
    You're kidding right? A 7-9 record is deserving?

They had to come down to a final week win against another 6-9 team to win. That's not even deserving of being in the playoffs, let alone getting a home game.

The four division per conference setup is a joke, and will lead to more lousy teams making the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

At the very least, next year there should be a rule that if you are .500% or worse and win your division you do not get to host the wild card game if the team you are playing has a better record than you.

In 2008, New England is 11-5 and doesn't get in but the 8-8 Chargers get in. Same year, Atlanta is 11-5 and third best team record wise in the NFC but is stuck going to Arizona because they won the division at 9-7.

If the divisional games are SO important, how does Oakland go 6-0 in its division this year but not make the playoff's? Everyone keeps on saying that divisional games are the most important, then why don't they get in for being the only team to go undefeated in it's division? (I'm not saying that they should IMO, I'm just saying that that's the reason everyone gives for allowing Seattle into the postseason as they won their division)

The playoff system we have now is just a complete joke...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

You're kidding right? A 7-9 record is deserving?
    Not kidding. I didn't say 7-9 was deserving, I said a division winner was deserving. N.O. shouldn't be upset they're going to Seattle, they should be upset they lost to Atlanta at home week 3. Pretty darn important divisional game turns out.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

But as 742 pointed out, utterly meaningless in the grand scheme, or else Oakland wins the division.

It's not only unfair to the team, it's unfair to the fans. 11 wins in today's NFL is not and easy thing to do.

My Dolphins were 7-9, I thought they STUNK. But a 7-9 team gets to HOST a playoff game for no other reason other than their division STINKS?

And a 10-6 team like the Giants are sitting home?

It's broken, and needs to be fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

They had to come down to a final week win against another 6-9 team to win. That's not even deserving of being in the playoffs, let alone getting a home game.
    Actually the Rams were 7-8, but your point is still valid.

Actually, I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and Greenberg made a good point ... he made the case that in all four games this weekend the wrong team was playing at home. In three of the four matchups, the road team actually finished with a better record than the home team did. And in the other game (Eagles v. Packers) they finished with the same record, but the Pack beat the Eagles during the regular season for what should be a tiebreaker.

I'm not particularly offended by teams going on the road against division winners with a worse record than them, but the idea of a 7-9 team in the playoffs is pretty hard to swallow for me. Especially when you consider that there were two 10-6 teams that didn't even get in.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not particularly offended by teams going on the road against division winners with a worse record than them, but the idea of a 7-9 team in the playoffs is pretty hard to swallow for me. Especially when you consider that there were two 10-6 teams that didn't even get in.
    Thanks for remembering that there was another 10-6 team shut out of the playoffs !Though to be honest, I can't be really upset with the Bucs. They had 7 more wins this year playing with more than 10 rookies. Never before in the history of the NFL (even before the merger) has a team with so many rookies had a winning record for the season. If not for stupid rookie mistakes in overtime against Detroit (and a blown call in regulation which the NFL admitted they got wrong), the team would be in the playoffs. Even without making the playoffs, I think Raheem Morris is Coach of the Year.

I lamented with the Giant fans in my office on Monday. As one of them said, the difference is the Bucs exceeded expectations while the Giants did not live up to expectations.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: