Quantcast Best Character Dining In The World?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Character Dining In The World?

Any thoughts on the best place to dine with characters at Disney? Is Cinderella's Castle worth the $?
    2002 All-Star
    2004 Port Orleans
    2008 Port Orleans & Disney Wonder

2011 Port Orleans & Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2013 Port Orleans & Boardwalk
    2014 Grand Floridian
    2015 Port Orleans
    2015 Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is an older discussion. may help.. What ages and gender do you need to please?

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...racter+dinning
    "Wheres my super suit! "

Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

Bronson

Post Thanks / Like

For really good food and fun with farmer Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale, I would highly recommend The Garden Grill at EPCOT next to the Land ride. We really liked how much time each character spent with us.
    We have been to Cinderella castle for lunch and dinner. If you have kids (especially girls), I thought the princess interaction with each table was really nice at lunch. I didn't like the food and wouldn't pay the price again but once was nice.
    Dinner has much better food but only the blue fairy and two mice attend. They do a song and dance around but they don't stop at each table for any character interaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Our family's top 3 are:

Garden Grill ( we REALLY miss lunch there!)
    Crystal Palace (lunch or dinner)
    Cape May Cafe @ Beach Club (breakfast - Minnie, Goofy and Donald show up in their swim gear)

In my opinion, Cinderella's is worth it once, and only if you have children who *really* love the princesses. We've only done CRT breakfast twice (once for our older daughter when she was 6 and again when our younger daughter was 4; the younger daughter didn't go on the trip w/ us when we went with our younger daughter and older son.) It was very pricey, and although they'll bring you as much food as you want, I just didn't feel like it was worth the $200+ it cost us to go (we paid OOP each time). My younger daughter enjoyed the Akershus (Norway) Princess Dinner MUCH better (I did, too!) My boys, however, weren't impressed with CRT or Akershus (but they like the swords they got at CRT!)
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with previous poster. Cinderella's Castle was fun one time. We don't feel the need to return, but then again, we have only boys.

Our favorite is Ohana breakfast.

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed 1900 Park Fare. Good food and good character interaction. Another favorite is The Crystal palace.
    Dixie Landings 94,96,98
    POR 2006
    POFQ 2008,2009,2011
    Boardwalk 2013
    POFQ 2016

Post Thanks / Like

THe best character meal on property is Donald's Safari Breakfast at AK. Hands down our favorite, we do it at least once per trip... Did it a couple last time.

I think I've been to most, with the exception of Crystal Palace and the value, variety and character interaction at Donalds has always been top notch...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my answer used to be Liberty Tree Tavern. Great food and great interaction with the characters. But since that's a Character-free zone, my new favorite character meal would be Chef Mickey's. I'm trying Garden Grill on my next trip, so I may have a change of heart.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Cinderella is worth the $. My girls loved it and my 8 year old son thought the princesses were H-O-T! My other choices would be Chef Mickey and breakfast at Ohana. Now that my oldest two are a little older we dont frequent the Playhouse Disney breakfast anymore at DHS, but it is fun for at least one meal.
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

For character interaction I still think Garden Grill is the best. My second favorite would be Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (for the princesses). I think the food is decent at both and the photo as Akershus was very nice too. We have also been to CRT and 1900 Park Fare for breakfasts and they are ok...but I really would only do them once. I have been to GG 3 times and can't wait to go again!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

We have only done Liberty Tree and Chef Mickeys for dinner and liked them both. We did Royal Table for breakfast and thought it was a big waste of $$$. My twin DDs were 7 and my DS was 9. Only 1 of my DDs was into the princess thing and not that much. The food was not too impressive. I didn't know about the photos that come with it and so we were all in capris or shorts and t-shirts for a day at MK. I would have had my 2 DDs dress up for the picture,though, maybe not quite like some of the folks in line with us who brought dresses and shoes and beauty kits to do up their little darlings at the last minute while they waited in line. I felt like I was at a beauty pageant or something.

DVC members since 2006....OKW, HH and BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Cindy's Table - is it worth the money? It depends what you really want! I HAD to do it (once) because I really wanted to eat in the castle. The atmosphere is wonderful, but the food is merely acceptable, the princess interaction was fine but nothing extraordinary. To my mind, it is probaby not woth the money, unless you are dying to be in the castle. We liked Akershus for a princess meal - the atmosphere is quite "castle like" and we got better princess interaction. All the above suggestions are great ones as well - but on my next trip I'm trying Donald's Safari and the Beach Club.
    ps - if you ever make it to Disneyland, I have to say I found hte character interaction EVERYWHERE there so much better than any I've experienced at the World! I can only guess it is because of the large number of young aspiring actors in the area. But all the places we've been in the World are pretty much sign an autograph and snap a picture, while in the Land they were really playful and interactive, even though it was July and SO busy!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there earlier this month and went to Donald's breakfast at Tusker House, The Garden Grill and 1900 Park Fare. My favorite out of those was The Garden Grill. It was so yummy and you don't have to get up and get your food. They bring it to the table.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been to Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, Tusker House bfast, and Crystal Palace. Our absolute favorite is Crystal Palace. The food at the first 3 wasn't very good, especially at Chef Mickey's. At Tusker House, because of the way the tables are laid out, we couldn't eat. Everytime one character would leave, it would look like another was only a few tables away. Garden Grill had bad food, but good character interaction.
    We've never eaten at CRT and won't because we have a son who is not interested. But, I can't imagine it would be worth that much money. JMO.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to crystal palace, chef mickey's and the wilderness lodge when they did a pooh breakfast. That was our favorite but since that is no longer offered, our absolute favorite was Mickey's backyard BBQ. Yes it is just cook out food but the show and character interaction is great. It is all you can eat and a western show and the characters are there the whole time dancing with you and goofy even sat down next to us while we eating. A blast.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

We did CRT once, and I'm really glad we did, but we're not interested in doing it again. My meal wasn't very good, but everyone else enjoyed theirs (they ordered something different). The service was fantastic, the princess interaction was fantastic, and my favorite part was the view.

I agree with Waymickey - Mickey's Backyard BBQ was our favorite character meal. The food was good, the show was great and our girls loved dancing with the characters. Much more fun than just a table visit!

Post Thanks / Like

Crystal Palace for lunch!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: