Quantcast Hollywood & Vine is it really that bad?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hollywood & Vine is it really that bad?

I was looking for somewhere new for dinner for our Aoril trip. We have done Scifi twice and Primetime. But, now I have been only been coming across negative reviews. Any thoughts?
    Arlene<br />Jackson, New Jersey<br />1980 Day Trip<br />1986 Off site<br />1996 All Star Music<br />2003 Polynesian<br/>2006 WL, All Star Sports 2008, DCL - Magic 2010, DVC - 2010, Future - WDW - BLT 2011 and DCL/Dream 2011

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, the only way to tell if you think it is bad (or good) is to give it a try. For every Disney dining review, there will be a counter-review with the exact opposite viewpoint. Dinner at H&V is a basic Disney buffet . . . nothing fancy, but it might fit the bill for your family.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

For us, it's worse... I'd never go back. The only thing lousier than the food was the service.

We do a lot of buffets while at Disney, it's just eaiser for everyone to find something they like. But really, I just didn't find anything! The buffet at Trail's End is fantastic though, maybe head there.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not that picky of an eaterbut sorry that food was nothing great...when we ate there it was noisy and everything looked a mess.We never went back there.
    Dec 2010~Pop Century
    May 2008~Coronado Springs
    Sep 2005~Port Orleans(fq)
    Oct 2003~LBV
    April 2001~Allstar Sports

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great place to go if you have kids, or it's the only option left for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. My kids like the all-you-can-eat mac-n-cheese and nuggets, not to mention the ice cream. However, I've never liked it in my three trips. I much preferr Mama's Melrose - however, the kids don't eat much there.

So my next trip has a ressie for H&V with the Fantasmic DP. I'd much rather eat at a CS and save a TS credit for a meal at Epcot.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Yes...it is bad for Dinner! Breakfast you can't go wrong.
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is different. One person will like it while another group may not. I would say try it and see for your self. It does not have really anything out of the ordinary and the items are found on most buffets. It is very busy. We have tried it once and we feel that it feeds everyone, but there are better buffets in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Hollywood & Vine is my family's favorite DHS restaurant (1) because it's the cheapest for what you get (it's a buffet) and (2) because it has something on the buffet for everyone in my family of 6. The kids love the kids' buffet and I think the food on the adult buffet is amazing (my husband and I are big foodies). I'm not a huge fan of Mama Melrose's (overpriced Italian) or Sci Fi (overpriced American w/ small portions, IMO). I'm not willing to spend 2 table credits on Brown Derby, even though it's a lovely restaurant. We like the Prime Time Cafe, but it's just not H&V. We usually go mid-afternoon so that we can eat a lot and skip supper, and that makes it a great deal for us. It's not super crowded around 1:30 or 2 pm, either. I do agree that it can get noisy when it's busy. If you've ever eaten lunch or dinner @ Crystal Palace, then you can get a sense of what the dinner is like @ H&V. I find them very similar.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your advice. I am keeping it booked for now, but I am going to look into something else.

Arlene<br />Jackson, New Jersey<br />1980 Day Trip<br />1986 Off site<br />1996 All Star Music<br />2003 Polynesian<br/>2006 WL, All Star Sports 2008, DCL - Magic 2010, DVC - 2010, Future - WDW - BLT 2011 and DCL/Dream 2011

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a few years, but I remember liking it. Especially this blue cheese-bacon butter they had with the bread, and the root beer sweet potatoes.... It was loud, but kind of nice if you wanted to just relax and be left alone to eat dinner - a bit refreshing in DHS, where most of the table-service restaurants encourage participation in the restaurant's theme. (Not that I don't like the other DHS restaurants - I do, but sometimes you're just not in the mood to be part of a show, you know?)
    CEO: "So, what is it you hope to accomplish with this invention?"
    Bowler Hat Guy: "Oh, nothing of consequence...except to crush the dreams of a young orphan boy! After that it's kind of hazy."
    CEO: "So, you haven't thought this through?"

Post Thanks / Like

For us, it wasn't so bad it was inedible it just was not very good just kind of okay...for what you pay it really was disappointing...

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thumbs down

Didn't like it would not go back. There was nothing there we cared for only went there for the fantasmic package. I would go somewhere else and wait in line for the show.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had both breakfast and dinner there, and have no complaints.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Mama Melrose. I did Sci-fi once and did not like the food. I am now a huge fan of The Brown Derby though, a can guarantee kids will not like anything on the menu there. I never tried Hollywood and Vine, but to be honest, from all the reviews of it, it does not sound that good. I also think that the food offered there is food you can get anywhere so why get it when you are in a place with so many options? though I have no kids so I don't what its like to have pickey eaters lol.
    96 - All-Star Music
    99 - All-Star Music
    04 - Off-site
    05 - All-Star Movies/Music/Off-site (AP)
    06 - All-Star Music/Off-site (AP)
    07 - All-Star Movies
    08 - POP Century
    09 - POP Century/Off-site
    10 - Coronado Springs/CBR/All-Star Sports (AP)
    11 - All-Star Music 1/9! (AP)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this thread... I was actually re-thinking a dinner we have at H&V for the 29th of this month... I just wanted something inside the park so we could go to Fantasmic and I am not a fan of most of the food at this park.

Well, I found a very late lunch time at Primetime and I think I'm going to take that instead. This is the one meal we are going to pay OOP for so it will be MUCH cheaper and the quality is probably the same.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Yes,
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I did not like it. It is serviceable, but imho only that. 50's Primetime we liked. Cant speak for Brown Derby or Mama's.

Post Thanks / Like

We went there for a late lunch in Aug. and the food was ok, nothing special but it hit the spot. We had a great server though. The restaurant wasn't too crowded so he was able to give us extra attention. I've eaten there a few times before and it's always been decent.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

before you skip out of a place because of bad reviews I would highly recommend you go visit yourself (its only one meal afterall) and form an opinion of your own... only you will know if you like or not. Not trying to be or sound rude at all... its good advice, one persons trash is another persons treasure. Also, negative people are always the most loudest!
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed ourselves, but not enough to want to go back real fast.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: