Quantcast Another weather question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Another weather question

I'm trying to decide between June 4th-12th or August 13th-20th. Can anyone tell me which one is more hot,has more rain, and is more crowded. I have only been in Oct. and Nov./Dec.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a quote from Chris (Strmchsr) in one of his weather threads from last summer:

I could just put "highs in the 90s, lows in the 70s, 40% chance of an afternoon thunderstorm" starting in June and, unless a tropical storm comes along, not change it again until September and I'd be right 98% of the time.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Jeff got it spot on. Weather is exactly as described above. August might be slightly more humid, but you wouldn't notice that much of a difference. Crowds are also about the same between those two dates. In early June not everyone is out of school yet, so crowds aren't too bad, and in August some have started back, but not everyone so, again, crowds are there but not horrendous. The big difference between July and August is that mid August is peak hurricane season. June 1 begins the tropical season, but hurricanes are very rare in early June (not impossible, just rare) while like chance in mid August would be a good bit higher.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

August is ALOT hotter than June! No doubt about it! Come down in the beginning of June, you will be happier!
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    August is ALOT hotter than June! No doubt about it!
    Perception makes up a lot of what is "hot" I suppose. In terms of raw data, the average high for June is 91.0. The average high for August is 91.7. I don't think I would consider that a "lot" hotter. Check the historic weather conditions page in Info Central for more specific data. You can see conditions on those dates over the last few years to get a good idea of what to expect.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I am very surprised to see Chris' historical data...we have gone many times in both June and August and must admit that our "perception" has always been that August is MUCH worse.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

I went in June 2008 and planning a June 2012 return. When we went the only thing that got moderately annoying were love bugs, but they are harmless and more of a nuisance. For crowds, we were there the 3rd to the 11th and it got increasingly more packed the last 3 days of our stay. It was warm, but nothing a mid-day break at the hotel pool couldn't take care of! It only thunder stormed once for about an hour but take shelter in an inside queue or store and wait it out.

All in all it was a great time to visit. I have never been in August so I can't really compare but I personally can't pick that time due to work commitments in August.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Having grown up in FL,being in FL most of my life, (except for a few years in ct),I will not go to Disney in August. I don't care what the data says, it is alot hotter in August and September than June.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

We typically go in June, July or August each summer - and have never found it to be that much different each trip in the heat department from year to year, and month to month for that matter. It's simply hot with high humidity. As far as rain, it really depends. Some years we've gotten rain every stinkin' day, but last year we didn't get rained on once.

As far as crowds, in early to Mid June you'll most likely have Star Wars Weekend folks and the visitors for Gay Days (5-31 through 6-6). From our observations this past August, I'd anticipate you'll have less crowds then. It seems the foreign tour groups were pretty much gone by the first of August.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I would also recommend June over August. The crowds are lighter because not all schools are out yet. Weather in June *should* be cooler and less humid overall. Believe it or not, there have even been a few June evenings where I have worn long sleeves or a sweatshirt. The summer pattern of near-daily afternoon thunderstorms is definitely a factor in August, whereas it doesn't always kick in by June.

Either way, make sure you are well-hydrated and take time to cool off at indoor attractions, or back at the hotel pool. We even try to build in a "pool day" to break up consecutive days in the hot parks.
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone! I'm thinking more towards June I guess. I live on the coast in S.C. so I know about heat and humidity. I think taking into consideration hurricanes (I have to worry about them at home and at disney) maybe June would be better. I'm just worried about the crowds since we've only been in fall and early winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Something else to think about

Another factor in this question is the weather where you are. We have tried WDW in June (first week) and the first week in September (not August tho).

We were thoroughly miserable in June. Our September trip was as hot and almost as wet but we weathered the September trip better. I think because in June we had not yet gotten to 90s during the day here in mid-Missouri. By the end of August we were well used to daytime temps in the mid to upper 90s, with plenty of humidity - our dew points can stay above 70 degrees.

If/when we are doing another warm weather trip, we will try for later in the summer, so we are more acclimated.

Jan

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: