Quantcast Favorite Moderate Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite Moderate Resort

Looking to book for August 2011 at a Moderate Resort? Have stayed at Port Orleans and LOVED it. Do we go back or try another one? Any thoughts?
    Off Site 1988 (Senior Trip)
    Off Site Site 2002 (First Family Trip)
    Disney Wonder 2004
    Port Orleans Riverside Nov. 2006
    French Quarter Aug. 2011
    Caribbean Beach Resort April 2016

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cbr

Our Family loves the feel of the Caribbean. Also if you get a resort over the bridge or next to food court it is relaxing and close to everything. The walk across the bridge is great at night. The new Nemo or pirates rooms are a new treat to the little ones.
    "Wheres my super suit! "

Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

Bronson

Post Thanks / Like

Try another one. My family made it a point to stay at each of the moderates one time before we repeated any of them. They are all good but the Caribbean is our favorite.
    1983 Offsite
    1999 Offsite
    2004 POR
    2008 POFQ
    2008 Coronado Springs
    2010 Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at all 4. You said you stayed at Port Orleans, but was it French Quarter or Riverside? My favorite moderate is French Quarter, but my least favorite is Riverside. I loved that French Quarter was so small and compact. I loved just about everything about it. It was quiet and charming, the food was good, and the boat ride to DTD was really nice. The only complaint we had was about the pool, my boys like the pools at the other moderates better. I'd have to say my kid's (10 and 8) favorite moderate resort was Caribbean Beach.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

buzz2001 Guest

I'd recommend CSR!! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds while the other mods have doubles like the values. The rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous.

CSR has a fitness center, spa, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

CSR has a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods.

CSR has the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great.

It also has great transportation of all the mods and quick rides to all 4 parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    We've stayed at all 4. You said you stayed at Port Orleans, but was it French Quarter or Riverside? My favorite moderate is French Quarter, but my least favorite is Riverside. I loved that French Quarter was so small and compact. I loved just about everything about it. It was quiet and charming, the food was good, and the boat ride to DTD was really nice.
    THIS! I'm with buzznwoodysmom, French Quarter is my favorite mod resort. Riverside is nice, but I really prefer FQ for all the reasons given by buzznwoodysmom.

Caribbean Beach is just too big for me to deal with. I haven't stayed at Coronado Springs, but the friends that have stayed have varying reviews: one absolutely loves it, the other not so much.
    Michael Bluth: I need access to these files that are apparently for British eyes only.
    Rita: Well, lucky for you, my whole face is British.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say go for a different one. Explore and pick one you'd like to try. You may come away not liking the resort as much as PO, but you'll always wonder if you don't. And even if it isn't as good, in your view, it's not like it'll be horrendous. It is Disney afterall.
    DLR many times,April '05 Pop Century,April '08 POR,DLR April '09,CBR Dec '09,POR Sept '10,April '12 Universal's RPRH then Disney's POR,Feb '14 AKL,DLR July '15,APR '17 POR, JAN '18 DCL, JUL '18 ASMu,DEC '18 "NYE" AoA-Nemo,FEB '20 AoA-LK
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Our favorite moderate resort is CBR. We have stayed several times, and we always have had a great stay. We enjoy the relaxed Caribbean feel of the resort. The foodcourt is wonderful-something for everyone. The new pool is, in my opinion, one of the best pools on property. It's just a great resort all around!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!!

Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Contemporary
    Yacht Club
    Polynesian
    Dixie Landings
    Coronodo Springs
    Pop Century (honeymoon!!)
    Up next CBR June 3-12!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a great experience at CSR. We really loved the theming, bus service, counter service food, and room theme. CBR was also very nice, coming in a close second to CSR. PORiverside would rate at the bottom for me, but that's because we stayed at the Alligator Bayou. A mansion room might have made me think better of it. POFQ looks great, but I've never done it. I would stay there before I stayed at Riverside again.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

My order of preference:

POFQ
    CSR
    POR
    CBR
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Can't go wrong with POFQ
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!! Thanks everyone. Decisions, Decisions.
    Looks like we are leaning towards French Quarter. Still working out the details of the dates and all but will be booking very soon.
    Off Site 1988 (Senior Trip)
    Off Site Site 2002 (First Family Trip)
    Disney Wonder 2004
    Port Orleans Riverside Nov. 2006
    French Quarter Aug. 2011
    Caribbean Beach Resort April 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I've stayed at all of the moderate resorts at least once and I would say that, hands down, my favorite is French Quarter.

But ... I'm a big believer in trying them all out, so I'd say try something new this time. Give Riverside a try. I know tons of people who love Riverside and stay there all the time.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Riverside

I prefer riverside. Love the food court and the Restaurant is good as well. The water taxi is also a great convenience and fun for the kids. i know some people don't like the Bayou section but it is where we request every time. I like the landscaping and has less of a hotel feel. Late night pizza was a favorite last week for my kids.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: